• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly, maybe even these Trickers boot

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What happened????? We were headed for an epic Moo threak

JensenH

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
If I let this go, without making my point to Linda and her company, then she doesn't learn a lesson and does this again, right?

Oh, she and her company learned a lesson alright. If you took up her offer for a full refund, she would have to re-sell the 4-month-old bag at a loss.

Moreover, she had to deal with you.

dv3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With the name Mr. Moo, do you feel at all responsible for being able to identify calfskin?

This is not to say I think you are in the wrong. In fact, to the contrary, you did not receive the item you paid for and you deserve compensation.

Intelligent Design

Reaction score
It's pretty gross that you won't accept her offer of full refund and return of merchandise because you like the bag too much and won't part with it under any circumstances, but you still see fit to complain because you only made a 10% bargain instead of a 70% bargain. I don't like how your story changes from "I don't want to have the vendor end up with a used bag" to "I like the bag too much to give it up". Your true face is revealed too easily.

Don't claim this is about principle. If it were about principle you would be willing to sacrifice material goods you enjoy (your bag) in return for a moral victory (full refund) which would leave you in the same position you were in beforehand and "teach the vendor a lesson".

I assume your threat to call amex is bluster, because you'd have to return your goods - if amex would even refund you after four months of use.

Do you also buy suits for special occasions, and then return them the next day with the tag still attached? You strike me as that sort of person.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Intelligent Design
It's pretty gross that you won't accept her offer of full refund and return of merchandise because you like the bag too much and won't part with it under any circumstances, but you still see fit to complain because you only made a 10% bargain instead of a 70% bargain. I don't like how your story changes from "I don't want to have the vendor end up with a used bag" to "I like the bag too much to give it up". Your true face is revealed too easily.

Don't claim this is about principle. If it were about principle you would be willing to sacrifice material goods you enjoy (your bag) in return for a moral victory (full refund) which would leave you in the same position you were in beforehand and "teach the vendor a lesson".

I assume your threat to call amex is bluster, because you'd have to return your goods - if amex would even refund you after four months of use.

Do you also buy suits for special occasions, and then return them the next day with the tag still attached? You strike me as that sort of person.

This is all drivel. Please re-read the thread.

Bounder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Of course it is. Alchemy is a myth. You can't turn **** into gold.

You are so very wrong. Moo is a master at turning **** into comedy gold.

He's like a sartorial sitcom.

I'm picturing Moo running around San Francisco wearing shorts and using a sock as a pocket square while loudly complaining that his "man bag" isn't as soft and wrinkly as it should be.

The jokes practically write themselves.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Once again, you have me confused with vox.

Since most of our spouses must have PhDs in tolerating us, I think you probably are married to a doctor. You should check her CV again...I bet it's there in fine print.

- B

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bounder
You are so very wrong. Moo is a master at turning **** into comedy gold.

He's like a sartorial sitcom.

I'm picturing Moo running around San Francisco wearing shorts and using a sock as a pocket square while loudly complaining that his "man bag" isn't as soft and wrinkly as it should be.

The jokes practically write themselves.

Think a taller, slightly (very) thinner George Costanza.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You know, when you posted a pic of this before on some other threads and described it as deerskin, I almost said, "This really doesn't look like deerskin; it looks like calf." But, I just didn't figure it was worth mentioning, though I could see the differences from the single pic you posted.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
I planned and more or less plan on keeping the bag for many years.

Moo - Just amortize the 30% at issue. I bet it turns out to be a few pennies a day. Then, make it a habit to pick up every penny you see. I see a net gain looming on your horizon....

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
You know, when you posted a pic of this before on some other threads and described it as deerskin, I almost said, "This really doesn't look like deerskin; it looks like calf." But, I just didn't figure it was worth mentioning, though I could see the differences from the single pic you posted.

I think that bag is still deerskin.

- B

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
I think that bag is still deerskin. - B
Well, hell B, if it makes you feel better, you and moo can pretend it's from the shorn scrotum of a baby unicorn. That being said, it's still pretty obviously calf.
lol8[1].gif

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, hell B, if it makes you feel better, you and moo can pretend it's from the shorn scrotum of a baby unicorn.

I have a bag from that. It is very luxe and magical.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Well, hell B, if it makes you feel better, you and moo can pretend it's from the shorn scrotum of a baby unicorn. That being said, it's still pretty obviously calf.
lol8[1].gif

It has all the markings of deer: fluffy tail; doe eyes; and the kind of prance that cannot possibly come from cattle.

It's deerskin, I tell you. I will stake my Señor Member status on it. I really will.

- B

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member