• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What happened????? We were headed for an epic Moo threak

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
I don't know. I can see why Moo is a bit miffed. I would be too. But I probably would have discovered the discrepancy within the first week I received the bag and resolved it then. I suppose that is everyone's point.

Thank you for taking a moment to see that I may have a point of contention. I appreciate it.

Originally Posted by zbromer
I've overpaid for something and think I've gotten a good deal. If I like something, then I pay what I think it's worth to me. You seem to be happy with the bag and what you paid for it. That's a good deal. The warranty. Don't sweat it, man. You bag will last a long time. If it had a problem, take it to Mulholland. They are a good company. They'll take care of you.

You are probably right about the good deal part - I love the bag, and would rather not get rid of it under any circumstances. The warranty - I hope you're right. They're a mile from my work, so perhaps I'll stop by and see if they will still cover any issues I may have with the bag. Thank you.

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
It can be a matter of principle and still be petty.

Whenever someone says, "it's a matter of principle," it's almost always petty.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
I got some Lobbs a long time ago that were billed as "Buffalo" but it turns out they are really embossed calf. I like the shoes and want to keep them, but do you think I could get a partial refund anyway?

Depends. Which credit card did you use?

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
It can be a matter of principle and still be petty. Seriously, if you told me on the phone, after 4 months had elapsed, that you were happy with your purchase, but wanted a partial refund "on principle", I'd have given you the same choice as did she. If I were in SF, I'd have offered to give you the refund in person, so I'd have a chance to kick you in the nuts.

I like your offer of physical violence. Where can we meet?

I got some Lobbs a long time ago that were billed as "Buffalo" but it turns out they are really embossed calf. I like the shoes and want to keep them, but do you think I could get a partial refund anyway?

I'm sure a man of your net worth would simply purchase a buffalo and have Lobb make you 10 pairs of new shoes from its hide instead, no?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
I like your offer of physical violence. Where can we meet?

It's gotta wait until December, but I can think of a few gyms that might let us use their facilities. You have fight tape? I like to study.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you for taking a moment to see that I may have a point of contention. I appreciate it.

I think the main theme here is that it could have been a point of contention....four months ago.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zbromer
Whenever someone says, "it's a matter of principle," it's almost always petty.

If I let this go, without making my point to Linda and her company, then she doesn't learn a lesson and does this again, right? Her whole "well, we were told it was deerskin by the person who gave it to us" argument was such 2nd grade bullshit. It's her job to make sure that what she sells is genuine and that her descriptions are accurate.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I'm sure a man of your net worth would simply purchase a buffalo and have Lobb make you 10 pairs of new shoes from its hide instead, no?

Once again, you have me confused with vox. It happens a lot, though I don't know why. I am not rich, not a WASP, not Polynesian, not married to a doctor, didn't go to Harvard, don't go to Paris for dinner 20x a year, and never get six suits in a single order. Among other differences.

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Frankly, I'm surprised that Linda offered you a full refund for what is now a used bag. If it were me, I would have told you that you were SOL. You said that she was a "****" on the phone, but it really doesn't sound like it, given her rather gracious offer.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Once again, you have me confused with vox. It happens a lot, though I don't know why. I am not rich, not a WASP, not Polynesian, not married to a doctor, didn't go to Harvard, don't go to Paris for dinner 20x a year, and never get six suits in a single order. Among other differences.

My apologies, peasant.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
My apologies, peasant.

It would be more accurate to call me a descendent of peasants, as I don't know how to farm.

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't help but note the irony in this. First he's buying high branded status items that suck, and loving and defending them all the while because of the brand. Now he has bought something that is actually quite nice, and he isn't happy with it because it turns out that it's not as exclusive as he thought it was.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK2024