• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What happened????? We were headed for an epic Moo threak

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
Mulholland Angler's Bag, in deerskin, made in the USA

vmvq5e.jpg

29px4xz.jpg

2eoe9n6.jpg

2eodtn9.jpg

- B

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice bag. Doesn't look like deerskin though...
confused.gif

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
confused.gif

Seriously. Deerskin has a very distinct texture and feel, which that bag clearly does not have. The bag looks perfectly nice, but it's pretty clearly not deerskin. Deerskin also usually costs more than double calfskin. That bag in deerskin is probably over $1,000 and probably very difficult to find on discount.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
confused.gif

What do you think of the carpet?

If you shuffle your feet during days of low humidity, I bet the flash going from your finger to the doorknob is beautifully blue.

- B

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
Can we just make this thread the ***OFFICIAL DERISION TOWARD MOO THREAD***?

No, it needs to develop organically. You can't force it.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
What do you think of the carpet?

If you shuffle your feet during days of low humidity, I bet the flash going from your finger to the doorknob is beautifully blue.

- B

Very high brow, Bill, making fun of someone's apartment. I don't live there any more, so blow me.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zbromer
Seriously. Deerskin has a very distinct texture and feel, which that bag clearly does not have. The bag looks perfectly nice, but it's pretty clearly not deerskin. Deerskin also usually costs more than double calfskin. That bag in deerskin is probably over $1,000 and probably very difficult to find on discount.

He was being sarcastic, Z. It is not deerskin, but I did not not know it was not deerskin because I am not a deerskin expert.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Moo- did you purchase the bag knowing how expensive deerskin is compared to calf, and therefore thought you were getting a deal?

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
Moo- did you purchase the bag knowing how expensive deerskin is compared to calf, and therefore thought you were getting a deal?
Clearly. It was from an eBay retailed/consignment shop, so I figured it was being sold at a good deal. That is all on top of the fact that I really like the look of the bag.

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
He was being sarcastic, Z. It is not deerskin, but I did not not know it was not deerskin because I am not a deerskin expert.

If you had no idea what deerskin even looks or feels like, why were you so concerned with getting a deerskin bag, as opposed to a calfskin bag? You don't have to be an expert in leather to have a preference. Generally, though, someone has a basic understanding of what they are purchasing before they plunk $500 or $1,000 on a bag. With a basic understanding, like say a google search, you probably would have immediately said, "oh, that's not a deerskin."

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
All these threads really need are zbromer and moo. It's like Perry Mason v. Ham Burger. The rest of us are just spectators, or maybe jurors.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zbromer
If you had no idea what deerskin even looks or feels like, why were you so concerned with getting a deerskin bag, as opposed to a calfskin bag? You don't have to be an expert in leather to have a preference. Generally, though, someone has a basic understanding of what they are purchasing before they plunk $500 or $1,000 on a bag. With a basic understanding, like say a google search, you probably would have immediately said, "oh, that's not a deerskin."

It looked like deerskin from their photos, was described as deerskin, and had the Mulholland Bros retail price for their deerskin bag. It's my fault that it's not a deerskin bag?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads