• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you think is the coolest car ever?

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
'62 250 Gto

Excellent (and very rare) choice

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim

I would take the Skyline over anything else so far in this thread...

That's because you already have something that looks like the W196 attached in-between your legs.
devil.gif

Jon.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
'62 250 Gto
I was hesitant to mention a Ferrari, because they have so many cool cars, but the W196 is just unlike anything else. Sure, the Ferrari would bring attention on a road, but the Benz would steal he show. Plus, you know somebody would scream out: “nice Ferrari”, while driving the Benz, which would be amusing all onto its self. Jon.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
That's because you already have something that looks like the W196 attached in-between your legs.
devil.gif

Jon.

True... although I think the car is slightly larger.

smile.gif

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
True... although I think the car is slightly larger.

smile.gif

Such class and humility
laugh.gif

Full Canvas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
picfetchpic1934voisinc15saliot.jpg

I think this Voisin is rather nice.

It caught us by surprise on Seventeen Mile Drive, but I saw the very same Voisin coming soon enough that I was able to pull to the verge of the road and snap the photo with my little Olympus 35mm auto focus. This was taken on the same weekend as your SuperCars website image was made on the ninteenth green alongside Stillwater Cove at the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance.

Monterey2004-001.jpg

The funny thing is that we seldom attend the Monterey/Pebble Beach events any longer. Today's enormous crowds are so nasty and disrespectful. Sadly, events such as this are only mere divertissements for many. Most attendees don't know what they're really a witness to. But, I suspect you know that to be so from your previous remarks on the general subject.

I grew up thirty-five minutes from Pebble Beach. These days, we spend August and September at our Summerhouse half-a-world away. Corsica mimics the 1960s tranquility of the Monterey Peninsula. But, as we sit on the veranda in Cargese, my wife knows (from the far away look in my eyes) that I am wondering what's going on at Laguna Seca and Pebble Beach.

chrysalid

Reaction score
given the choice i'd have a shiny red italian phallus over a shiny silver german one

untitled.jpg

i think the brute ugliness of the lambo jarama is pretty cool

Lamborghini_Jarama_1970_0001_M448.jpg

jarama_400_gt_img01.jpg

and speaking of lambo's the muira isn't half bad

miura_wb_1280.jpg

coolest car of the future?...

p-1.jpg

...but the coolest car ever, well that's easy:

1981delorean102703.jpg

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Full Canvas
It caught us by surprise on Seventeen Mile Drive, but I saw the very same Voisin coming soon enough that I was able to pull to the verge of the road and snap the photo with my little Olympus 35mm auto focus. This was taken on the same weekend as your SuperCars website image was made on the ninteenth green alongside Stillwater Cove at the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance.
Monterey2004-001.jpg
The funny thing is that we seldom attend the Monterey/Pebble Beach events any longer. Today's enormous crowds are so nasty and disrespectful. Sadly, events such as this are only mere divertissements for many. Most attendees don’t know what they’re really a witness to. But, I suspect you know that to be so from your previous remarks on the general subject. I grew up thirty-five minutes from Pebble Beach. These days, we spend August and September at our Summerhouse half-a-world away. Corsica mimics the 1960s tranquility of the Monterey Peninsula. But, as we sit on the veranda in Cargese, my wife knows (from the far away look in my eyes) that I am wondering what’s going on at Laguna Seca and Pebble Beach. _____________________________________

I think it is the same car as that Voisin was apparently a custom item by a coachbuilder therefore a unique car. As for the Pebble Beach event, it seems it's become a tourist event what with people who probably drive Kias who spend a fair amount of money to gawk at old cars they won't get.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This is pretty damn cool if you ask me...
P0026480.JPG

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whnay.
This is pretty damn cool if you ask me...
P0026480.JPG

Bill, Do I go over to the Current events forum and ruin your threads? Ok, yes I do, but that’s no reason to destroy this wonderful thread with that enormous piece of ******* crap from ******* “lets ruin BMW’ Chris Bangle-Butt. He took the fantastic 328 MM and merged it with a modern Z4 (really ******* creative, btw…he’s a regular Jean Bugatti that one) to create one of the ugliest cars ever made (I thank all that is still left that’s good about humanity that it will never see production), Oh, yeah, for his ‘design’ he used some sort of industrial origami…whatever that means. All I know is that apparently using industrial origami in car design makes decent-looking cars like the Z4 really ******* ugly. I was at a BMW 8-Series owners meet on Sunday (one of them even imported a Z1 over to the US! How hard core is that?) And they all could not stop ranting and raving regarding Bangles ugly designs. Oh, here is what the 328 MM looks like, for reference:
bmw328-mm-desktop.jpg
bmw328mm1.jpg
Jon. (yes, I know I used the word **** a lot in this post, its just that I really, really hate that car)

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
You're nuts Jon. That car looks pretty cool- I think you're letting your anti-Bangle venom cloud your judgment.

Also- with respect to Bangle, I was a huge fan of the 90s BMW fans. However, with a few exceptions, it is not profitable for car companies to continuously produce cars with remarkably similar designs each year.

I strongly disliked a lot of Bangle's designs when they first came out, but many of them are starting to grow on me. Additionally, I think in the long term the lines will gradually be softened. Stranglely enough, I also think the very high trunk stance on the Bangle-ized cars are already being emmulated by just about everyone else.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
Bill,
I was at a BMW 8-Series owners meet on Sunday (one of them even imported a Z1 over to the US! How hard core is that?) And they all could not stop ranting and raving regarding Bangles ugly designs.

They don't know what they're talking about.
tounge.gif

--Andre

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads