• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What did you eat last night for dinner?

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I've wanted to see that. I saw the Michel Bras one and it really changed the way I look at food and made me understand completely my error of mistreating and disregarding vegetables.

I just figured it was Matt constantly badgering you about your lack of vegetable presence.

"Call any vegetable and the chances are good that the vegetable will respond to you" MM you should listen to a little Frank Zappa, it will also change the way way you look at things.

Oooh, I, for one, look forward to the inevitable MM pot brownie plating.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

plus, i have to add, double-m often shares a similar sense of humor with tibor (or is it just a thick skin?). they both take a raft of *** and still stick around.
just rented a netflix yesterday you might like ... "inventing cuisine" with Pierre Gagnaire. really, really impressive.

Let me know if you can't find teh others, and I will send them to you. Gagnaire's was, imo, tone of the less interesting, even though the scene with him creating in the basement was pretty awesome. I think it had less to do with him and more to do with the concept the filmmaker used with him. IMO, the guys from l'Astrance, Michel Guerard and Alain Passard were the best, again because of the concept behind the video. The l'Astrance one was cool because they put out an add in the paper to interview people about food, picked their favorites, had them to the restaurant together and then made them a combination of their favorite and least favorite foods. It was really cool. None of the guests had ever eaten like that, but all were interested in food, and the reactions were great. They wove the whole theme of creation throughout as the chef was coming up with their menu. The Guerard one was also great as he and three regular people each prepared his recipes and then compared them.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of the most colorful dishes out there... Just used what we had here, not much. We ate some bought burgers from the butcher with it.
Left-handed side: parsnip puree
Right-handed side: Teltow tunip

IMG_1726.jpg

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
it's like the plate is lit from below

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I wonder if m's calling is photography and not cooking.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

mgm9128

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was unhappy with the sear I got on the hake. As you can see, it started to flake a bit in the pan, as cod sometimes has the tendency of doing. Hake is a bit firmer than cod, and less *****, I'd say. Still a good fish, and extremely cheap. I made a broth with some of the pin bone scraps and mushroom juices that isn't shown in the picture.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads