• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What did you eat last night for dinner?

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I saw a few ingredients sitting next to each other in the store...and I knew what I had to do.
shot_1316651707405.jpg

shot_1316652600270.jpg

I know it needs more color and maybe some scoring to be a real homage....but I've never used a real artichoke before (or had fresh figs for that matter).

Also, I have accomplished some jacked up looking saturation and color curves...but not the same ones produced by mm's shots

Last edited:

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
otc, if you are going to do dots like that, you should always use an odd number. I cannot tell you why this is so, but the frogs insist that it must be so.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I don't doubt that it exists. I just doubt that it works.

Like, really:

CRAB CROQUETAS
JICAMA, MANGO, GREEN APPLE AND MIRIN INFUSED SLAW, ROASTED RED PEPPER RÉMOULADE,
CHILI PONZU DIPPING SAUCE

PAN SEARED AHI TUNA
SERVED RARE WITH CRUNCHY WASABI MASHED POTATOES AND CILANTRO CHIMICHURRI SAUCE

I'll also make note of the fact that wasabi mashed potatoes are the impetus for me starting the "things that ar epissing you off food edition" thread.

Yeah, it was basically a bust creatively, but the food was still fairly decent. I mean, you really can't "spanish up" tartare too much and adding some wonton's and a chili dressing doesn't make a beef carpacio salad "thai". But this is SoBe and people pay for that ****.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

That looks like a nice fig.

does it?

not being familiar with figs, I thought it was only ok. I had one that was definitely not ripe, but the other 2 or 3 I ate were fine but I just don't think I like figs very much.

Now I have a whole little box of the damn things.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score

I thought this is the very thing he did, and then matt unhinged his jaw python-style and showed him waht's up.

This never happened. Also, I never confused "Prime" beef with prime rib while I was in school. Never.

mgm9128

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

otc, if you are going to do dots like that, you should always use an odd number. I cannot tell you why this is so, but the frogs insist that it must be so.

I agree, but not just with dots. Try to present things in groups of three or five, and not only with food. It just looks better, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

This seems such an odd standard to uphold. Is it like this with other plate "art" as well? I.e. 3 slices of mushroom garnish instead of 4?

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score

This seems such an odd standard to uphold. Is it like this with other plate "art" as well? I.e. 3 slices of mushroom garnish instead of 4?

Yes. Odd numbers are more appealing to the eye than even, typically.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
please. as if there's people who would accept 2 of your shrunken, desiccated, shrub like testicles.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads