• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What did you eat last night for dinner?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I don't have a staff.
eh.gif

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
I've not been feeling the love lately.
I love reading your posts in the same way that a Bulimic loves eating a meal.
Originally Posted by Manton
I don't have a staff.
eh.gif

You mean that didn't come with your StyleForum approved $250k job and 13" penis?

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ate at 10Arts Cafe in PHL tonight - the Eric Ripert / Jen Carrol collaboration. It's an upscale lobby restaurant... prices were not too bad, entrees around 30, apps and salads 10-15.

I had some nice oysters (west coast, so tiny for $3/ea. but they were quite sweet). Served with cocktail sauce and mignonette, both on the milder side which really let the oyster flavor come through.

Market salad - a mix of greens and some vegetables (green asparagus, celery, cucumber, grape tomatoes, some thin root vegetables (maybe turnip or parsnip) and a sherry vinaigrette. Solid, but a little pricey at 13.

Next I had the Pennsylvania brook trout in a brown butter sauce with capers and some roasted nuts (macadamia, I think). It was served over steamed bok-choy and very tasty.

My colleague had the watercress soup and the crusted eggplant. He said the soup was incredible, but I think he was a little underwhelmed by the eggplant.

Overall, not too shabby.

dhc905

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not last night, but got the whole pig at Frontier on Milwaukee:
DSC_0249-1.jpg
For some reason that's the only picture that would load to photobucket. It was really good, but they estimated the time to deliver at 8.30 pm, we got it at 9.30 and by that time were so tanked I don't remember much besides ordering a bottle of BR Cohn cab sauv and guzzling it. Yesterday though, first day in Chicago that could legitimately accomodate a BBQ:
DSC_0301.jpg
DSC_0302-1.jpg
DSC_0325.jpg
I made a turkey burger for myself, seasoned with ground peppercorn and all-sorts-of-spice. For the lady was a salmon burger. Together we shared mushrooms, onions and sweet potato fries, all seasoned with lime juice, truffle oil (faux pas), and sumac. All together delicious.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Went to the new Texas de Brazil by the person I take care of's new apartment. I've been to two different locations now and have been impressed both times. Excellent bar, buffet, cuts of beef, and service. Thankfully it wasn't TOO busy as they told me that the wait has been exceeding 90 minutes on the weekends since it opened. If you like churrascaria, and have one nearby, its worth checking out. Their email program sends out killer coupons as well. We had a buy1/get1 from the recent signup.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dhc905
Yesterday though, first day in Chicago that could legitimately accomodate a BBQ:

DSC_0301.jpg

DSC_0302-1.jpg

DSC_0325.jpg

To me the burger looked like a cookie made by a first grader before I read further and discovered what it was. At first I was like
eh.gif
, then I was like
uhoh.gif
, and finally I
laugh.gif
ed.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I had a huge salad for dinner last night. Great lettuce mix, charred red bell peppers on my stove, skinned and sliced them, toasted pine nuts, sliced up some house mad Hungarian salami into strips, sliced olives and tomatoes. Was just what I needed and paired it with an 09 Sauv. Blanc from Merry.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SweetBreads.JPG
Sweetbreads along with Shrimp Poached with Moroccan Spices, Sweet Potato & Orange Burnt Vinaigrette
Sea%20Bass.JPG
Black Sea Bass a la Plancha, Piopini Mushroom, Meyer Lemon, Sauce Verte, Fingerling Potato and Light Almond Milk
Poussin.JPG
Truffle Stuffed Poussin, Morel Mushrooms, English Peas, Charred Romaine and Galangal Jus
Dessert.JPG
Costa Rica Praline Crunch, Bailey’s CrÃ
00a9.png
meux, Coffee Mascarpone Mousse Wendy Milk Chocolate Mousse, Vanilla-Bean Crème BrûlÃ
00a9.png
e, Vanilla- Soaked Chocolate Sponge

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Looks delicious Ron, especially that cake
drool.gif

Just out of curiosity, what spices are considered "Moroccan"?

Ginger, turmeric. Saffron, paprika, cumin, and cinnamon aren't Moroccan but are used widely in the cooking. There's also a spice blend called "Ras el Hanout," which translated means "head of the shop" aka a mix of the best spices in any given shop. Recipes vary but usually include cardamom, nutmeg, anise, mace, cinnamon, ginger, various peppers, and turmeric.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Ginger, turmeric. Saffron, paprika, cumin, and cinnamon aren't Moroccan but are used widely in the cooking. There's also a spice blend called "Ras el Hanout," which translated means "head of the shop" aka a mix of the best spices in any given shop. Recipes vary but usually include cardamom, nutmeg, anise, mace, cinnamon, ginger, various peppers, and turmeric.
Don't use Ras el Hanout with pork. It is culturally insensitive.

Tonight:

DSC_0109.jpg
(different flavor)
DSC_0110.jpg

DSC_0113.jpg

My pork jowl which is suspiciously like a pork belly.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Don't use Ras el Hanout with pork. It is culturally insensitive.
lol8[1].gif
Nice flowers, Patterson. It's interesting to see the difference aesthetically with the pork being done on a blow torch instead of seared. Another great meal at the Bristol for me. Participants were: myself, dch905 +1, otc, Lou, Despos, and ChicagoRon. Highlights: the carbonara made with ramp puree and lardo. Also, the basque cake, as always. The softshell was pretty legit as well, and the gnudi with lobster-asparagus broth was delicious. Brought a bottle of 2004 Vitana Brunello di Montalcino that was showing pretty well. Thanks for coming to see me off fellas!

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
lol8[1].gif

Nice flowers, Patterson. It's interesting to see the difference aesthetically with the pork being done on a blow torch instead of seared.

Trying to push Mike in the right direction. They are the first harvest from my garden this year. Such a proud dad.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
I wish I had some plating in-jokes to contribute. All I've got is ****** photos of my dinner and dessert. They were delicious.
photo13.jpg
photo14.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads