• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What did you do last night? (This is How We Roll)

dsholmes1

Reaction score
Shopped in Georgetown during the day. Went to wizards game with my date. Hit up RFD and had two DogFish Head 120s then went to Adams Morgan partying and drinking. GOOD TIMES! I love DC

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dsholmes1
Shopped in Georgetown during the day. Went to wizards game with my date. Hit up RFD and had two DogFish Head 120s then went to Adams Morgan partying and drinking. GOOD TIMES! I love DC

Two 120s? That is among the more intense drinking experiences you can have with beer.

dsholmes1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian278
Two 120s? That is among the more intense drinking experiences you can have with beer.

Yep! But I did not have them back-to-back. Had one before the game and one after.

Mandrake9072

Reaction score
Originally Posted by xchen
Overall I'd recommend Salvia.

You'd never try pot, but you'd definitely reccomend Salvia?
plain.gif

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I'd never smoke pot myself. I was willing to try Salvia and I am going to try to do it again and have a better trip. I doubt I'll do it often or anything like that, though.

lost in va

Reaction score
Was walking out of a bar in town center when a guy said "******* emo kid" as I walked past and he slapped my hand. Mind you my finger is in a splint becuase it's broken in two.

I get about 3 steps past him and realize what just went down so I turn around. Calling me a name won't get my attention but slapping my broken finger will because seriously, who slaps someone? When I turn around I see my roided out friend, who is a firefighter and was begging for a fight all night, in the guys face. The guy pushes him and cocks back like he's going to hit my friend. Next thing I know my friend swings and the kid is laid out.

We get walked out, like we should, and just start walking to our cars when we notice the guy got "tossed" out. He took a few steps and fell out on the concrete in front of an emptying bar, in the rain, in front of cops.

Needless to say we went home and he went to the drunk tank.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Slightly fuller weekend than usual:

Friday - Company christmas party at the Marriot in Woodley Park. Open bar. Buffet dinner. No date. No complaints. Hang around there until 11ish when it starts to wrap up and proceed to spend another hour helping my co-worker search for his car keys. Find the keys and head to Adams Morgan. Check out The Reef on 18th street which is apparently super crowded then head to Pharmacy Bar for a little while. Get dropped off at Metro Center to head back to the 'burbs by 3ish.

Saturday - Spent from the previous night I planned on staying in and watching The Wire on On Demand all night. Get a call from a friend saying to be ready by 9 to head to Rockville to drink at his new apartment. Helped them put together some Ikea chairs and drank Italian and KEnyan beer. Played "Apples to Apples" and "Asshole" and got drunk off a bottle of Port his new roomate was drinking. Somehow we didn't crash until dawn.

Sunday- Head back to my area in the afternoon. Enjoyed a Pizza Bagel at Einsten Bros. Bagels in Silver Spring. Set up christmas decorations at the house. Spend the rest of the night watching football and The Wire. Just the way I like to spend my Sundays.

Mandrake9072

Reaction score
Originally Posted by xchen
Well, I'd never smoke pot myself. I was willing to try Salvia and I am going to try to do it again and have a better trip. I doubt I'll do it often or anything like that, though.

I was just curious as to why this may be the case? Is legality an issue?

Because although I've never done Salvia (I have tried other psychedelics), there is a a greater risk with Salvia than with pot (unless you are a special case where you have a bad time the first time you try pot).

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
After reading xchen's post I spent a good 30minutes looking at videos of ppl tripping on Salvia on youtube. Dunno if I could handle it even for a few minutes

Nugget

Reaction score
On Saturday I drove with some friends from Nairobi to Mambasa for a cricket match against Mombasa sports club. on Sunday. It's a 7 hour drive and a bit rugged in parts.

We forgot to check for Mt. Kilimanjaro until too late. Quite a few baboons and Zebra on the road.

Upon reaching the Mombasa club (next to Fort Jesus http://www.colonialvoyage.com/mombasa.html) I wasn't thrilled with my room and asked if there was anything better. I got a wonderful suite for an upgrade charge of about USD9.

We enjoyed a few bottles of wine and ate our body weight in seafood at a restaurant by the beach.

Played cricket on yesterday - very hot and sweaty day. We won.

Seafood and bloody mary feast last night.

Drove back today - forgot Mt. Kili again.

Super weekend.

migo

Reaction score
Nugget, do you live in Kenya?? NBO? Where abouts?

migo

Reaction score
sweet...whereabouts? I grew up in Ngaraa

Also I'm extremely jealous of your trip to Mombasa...ever since we moved I've wanted to go back there on vacation.

Nugget

Reaction score
Ndio?
wow.gif

I actually live next to the Norfolk Hotel and am looking out over your 'hood right now. It's a typically beatiful Nairobi day. Public Holiday declared here.

It was a great trip and Mombasa is a special place, though I think more enjoyable for someone who is used to the energy and apparent mayhem of Kenya. I was in Zanzibar for board meeting and workshop earlier in the year (somebody has to!) and that is probably an even better Swahili experience I think.

Where have you ended up? We obviously have a time difference.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads