• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Gola's have been pretty popular with the mod crowd for many years, nowadays they're really easy to get. i see them all the time at stores and zappos.com has quite a few, as well as a good selection of Asics mexico 66 in different colors

the Gola's i think look the best are the ones that "Jimmy" wears on his lambretta on the cover for Quadrophenia. apparently they are a 1970's model that is long done and hasnt been reissued

stache

Reaction score
Still in my t-shirt & glasses here. Who wants to wear clothes at home?

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A little 'streetwear' update on the classic preppie outfit (khakis, blue buttondown oxford, navy blazer):

Dark tan Paper Denim & Cloth cords

Etro high-stance button collar shirt, light blue

Jil Sander navy suit coat, high-stance 3-button rolled down to the second, slim cut with narrow lapels

Adidas 'Rom' shoes, white leather with brown leather stripes, gray suede toe

What do you think?

Lydia

Reaction score
A very impressive outfit.  I wish I saw people dressed like you more often...

I'm looking more eccentric.  

I'm wearing a vintage beige YSL blazer (pre-licensed), with a cut more slim than slimane.  A baby-blue polo from american apparel, a green wool cardigan from H&M.  And tight charcoal stretchy wool bell-bottoms designed by me.  

Also a custom-made belt from the street in Berlin and distressed leather shoes from Debut.

jmswentworth

Reaction score
Flying to Berlin, and I will be wearing:

Black slim fit Reiss trousers
Plain White MtM shirt with French Cuffs
Plain black tie
Helmut Lang cashmere crewneck
Dior Homme Military inspired coat
Gucci Velcro sneakers in black leather and black gg canvass
Chanel J12 Black Ceramic
Gucci silver buckle and black patent leather belt
Prada black nylon hold all
Dior Homme Sunglasses

My girlfriend will be wearing:

Alexander McQueen Black Silk Dress
Malo black Cashmere Cardigan
Jimmy Choo Black Lace around ankle shoes
Black Prada plain nylon handbag and trolley bag
Fabris Lane Black lense Aviator sunglasses
YSL White silk stole

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The real question is: how old are they? Â And how are they wearing in?
About 26 wearings, maybe? I keep losing the little piece of paper I mark it down on. Wearing in very slowly. Today: Light camel/tan cargo pants from J. Crew. Thick brown leather belt. Converse 'Cliff' leather sneakers in 'brown sugar' (dark tan). White t. Half-zip cotton sweater in 'racing green' from *gasp* Brooks Brothers. Brown leather cuff Fossil watch. Here's a question: What's the next big thing for watches, once the whole leather cuff thing dies down (assuming it hasn't already)?

Cake

Reaction score
Diesel Moorix (stardust)
Jasper Conran polo shirt
CAT Scion-Mid boots
Omega Speedmaster Professional 30th Anniv. limited edition

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GAP Red Pocket T-shirt
Silver Bootcut Jeans
Rod Lavers

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Vass black shell cordovan combat boots, thick olive distressed moleskin flat-front pants with slight bootcut by Parasuco (don't know anything about this brand but the fabric and fit is great,) black American Apparel t-shirt, black fabric racer jacket by Express (actually a pretty cool jacket, very simple and clean.)

Bergdorf Goodwill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vass black shell cordovan combat boots, thick olive distressed moleskin flat-front pants with slight bootcut by Parasuco (don't know anything about this brand but the fabric and fit is great,) black American Apparel t-shirt, black fabric racer jacket by Express (actually a pretty cool jacket, very simple and clean.)
Parasuco used to make ginormous hip-hop-styled clothing. They've recently undergone some heavy image modification.

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I assume the solelessness (tihi) of the Speed Cats gets to you?

Crappy thing with my speedcats and my sprints is that when walking when its wet my toes get wet where there is not much of a sole.

It could be argued though that I shouldn't wear them in the wet since they are suede.

K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads