• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
****. Every time I log into styleforum I want to drink (booze) all of a sudden.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yummy. This will be my Friday cocktail.
Originally Posted by IUtoSLU
Vieux CarrÃ
00a9.png
Cocktail: 3/4 oz rye whiskey - Sazerac 18 rye 3/4 oz Cognac - Remy Martin 1738 3/4 oz sweet vermouth - Vya 1/2 teaspoon Benedictine 1 dash Angostura bitters 1 Dash Peychaud's bitters Garnish with a cherry The result is delicious. It is smooth, but with the utmost character. The nose is mostly rye with hints of the Angostura, Peychaud's and Benedictine. Like I said, it is extremely smooth, but the rye adds a spicy kick. The vermouth is the perfect compliment. The aftertaste on the tongue is bittersweet. All-in-all this is a pretty good cocktail, but I still may prefer a good old Manhattan. It is definately a good change from the usual.

Smartalox

Reaction score
Evan Williams Single Barrel, Sept 10, 2008.

Happy Bithday to me!

TMMKC

Reaction score
Dewars followed by some fairly inferior Malbec.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wanted a Sazerac but am too annoyed and lazy. Glenmorangie Nectar d'Or answered the call. Never a bad choice.

TMMKC

Reaction score
I just polished off a generously-sized Tanqueray Gimlet.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
Wanted a Sazerac but am too annoyed and lazy. Glenmorangie Nectar d'Or answered the call. Never a bad choice.

+1, always a good choice. I need to sip some this weekend.

We went for dinner, Saturday night, at our new favorite haunt. We had a little Rhone style wine with dinner, Sinister Hand. We are quite well known with the owners, and they were getting backed up turning tables, so we offered to sit at the bar for dessert, so they could turn the table. As a way of thanks, the wife bought not only our dessert, but plunked down a bottle of Tokaji, 4 Puttonyos, and just told us to help ourselves. I can't remember the bottling, but it went very nicely with the dessert. And the price was right
smile.gif

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another Vieux CarrÃ
00a9.png
Cocktail, but with different proportions:

1 oz rye whiskey - Sazerac 18 rye
1 oz Cognac - Remy Martin 1738
1 oz sweet vermouth - Vya
1 teaspoon Benedictine
1 dash Angostura bitters
1 Dash Peychaud's bitters
Garnish with a cherry

Everything seems better balanced. This is truly a wonderful drink that has grown on me this week (I've probably had around 5-6 of these this week).

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Annoying day today, decided it was so bad by lunch that I'd take a half. Had a nice local beer that I enjoy with a burger, noticed a shiny new bottle of Kubler absinthe on the bar, had that to follow (louched, but with no sugar). That was a lovely finisher -- not the best absinthe I've ever had (needs a little more of the bitter complexity of some), but quite all right. Better than Lucid, certainly. Dinner tonight was potato pancakes, smoked salmon, sour cream, osetra. The cocktail of choice was my white vodka martini -- 2:1 Chopin to Lillet Blanc with a dash of Maraschino (which I left out tonight). All and all, pretty good. ~ H
Originally Posted by Piobaire
+1, always a good choice. I need to sip some this weekend. We went for dinner, Saturday night, at our new favorite haunt. We had a little Rhone style wine with dinner, Sinister Hand. We are quite well known with the owners, and they were getting backed up turning tables, so we offered to sit at the bar for dessert, so they could turn the table. As a way of thanks, the wife bought not only our dessert, but plunked down a bottle of Tokaji, 4 Puttonyos, and just told us to help ourselves. I can't remember the bottling, but it went very nicely with the dessert. And the price was right
smile.gif

I think it's one of the nicer things when you flip from customer to friend. I've only done it twice.
Originally Posted by IUtoSLU
Another Vieux CarrÃ
00a9.png
Cocktail, but with different proportions: 1 oz rye whiskey - Sazerac 18 rye 1 oz Cognac - Remy Martin 1738 1 oz sweet vermouth - Vya 1 teaspoon Benedictine 1 dash Angostura bitters 1 Dash Peychaud's bitters Garnish with a cherry Everything seems better balanced. This is truly a wonderful drink that has grown on me this week (I've probably had around 5-6 of these this week).

I had a bad day at work yesterday, came home yearning for a Manhattan or a Sazerac, but then I remembered your post. I did a little research myself and the proportions I used were: 1:1:1:5ml:2dash:2dash Worked for me and was greatly enjoyed. Thanks for that. The 5ml Benedictine worked out to about two teaspoons. ~ H

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so is this the damn, i'm fucked up thread? anyway, two glasses of Malbec and a port. coupla of beers and i'm pretty ******* happy right now. yeah, i'm a lightweight. makes getting fucked up cheap!

-Jeff

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads