• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WAYWRN Friday Challenge 19/04/13: Fifty Shades of Grey

Best monochrome outfit?

• SharplyTailored

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • upr_crust

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • TTO

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • steffenbp11

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • Holdfast

Votes: 8 13.6%
  • in stitches

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • sugarbutch

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Kappelan

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Licious

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Spoopoker

Votes: 17 28.8%
  • Thin White Duke

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well, im hoping this pic will have better resolution.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

its nothing you havent seen.

Yes, but from all that you've said about yourself, it seems that yours is a better example, and stitchy is always looking for self-improvement.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i have realized, that because i leave the internets on friday afternoon, and do not return til saturday night, i cannot start the poll.

SB, please start the thread with my chosen challenge, so you can add the poll and people can get started with voting. please allow the poll to run until monday morning.

thanks!

Congrats, Sugar - you've now officially become a Shabbos ***. :satisfied:

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

Yes, but from all that you've said about yourself, it seems that yours is a better example, and stitchy is always looking for self-improvement.

hahahahahahhaha!!!!! this is true.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
i have realized, that because i leave the internets on friday afternoon, and do not return til saturday night, i cannot start the poll.

SB, please start the thread with my chosen challenge, so you can add the poll and people can get started with voting. please allow the poll to run until monday morning.

thanks!

Congrats, Sugar - you've now officially become a Shabbos ***. :satisfied:

At least he hasn't asked me to flip the light switch or turn on the oven.

Stitchy, I'll start the thread and the poll for you.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Post up a new thread stitchy, so those who don't automatically read older threads can see what's this week's theme. :)

I have a vague idea of an outfit that might work, depending on the weather, so I'm probably in.

Having said that, I'm not sure what's non-SF approved about the white shirt. White shirt with rustic/wintery/tweedy odd jackets, sure, that does look wonky IMO (but can be rescued by a very casual/rough shirt fabric) but white shirt with an odd jacket in general is fine and I don't think anyone's criticised that in principle, have they? For example, white shirt with a blazer is classic in anyone's book, as would be a white shirt with e.g. a linen or seersucker jacket.

Also, the red tie has only proven tricksy when it's fire-engine red and worn with a suit in an 80s "power" throwback kind of way. Plenty of other darker shades have been more liked by many here, I think. I may be out of the loop on this, however, I admit. The above is my feeling on it, anyway.

Last edited:

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
All that seems very reasonable and would hold well in a place where such reasonableness is grown and nurtured...but as the manliest of men proclaims in a film lacking any homoerotic undertones: THIS IS SPARTA!

FillW

Reaction score
ok, here is my decision......

waaaait fooooor iiiiiiitttt....

i think the tasteful peacock might lend to too few participants if people doent have any really loud stuff, and the no pants challenge, though that is what i really wanted to do, might lead to some banning. so we have.......

THE SF NON-APPROVED GEAR ONLY FRIDAY CHALLENGE!!!!!

all of the following are required items:

SC/odd jacket, trousers, white shirt, red/maroon tie. items may be solid or patterned.

extra points for black shoes with your combo.

I may submit a pic for this. It'll probably suck cause I've never done it before but what the hell.
lol8[1].gif

FillW

Reaction score
All that seems very reasonable and would hold well in a place where such reasonableness is grown and nurtured...but as the manliest of men proclaims in a film lacking any homoerotic undertones: THIS IS SPARTA!

That big guy with all the piercings seemed pretty...you know...
biggrin.gif

lol8[1].gif

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

At least he hasn't asked me to flip the light switch or turn on the oven.
Stitchy, I'll start the thread and the poll for you.

not yet anyways, and thanks!

I may submit a pic for this. It'll probably suck cause I've never done it before but what the hell.
lol8%5B1%5D.gif

who cares! it will be fun. and probably wont suck as much as you think.

FillW

Reaction score
I still would like to see the mother of all Fit Battles/Challenges:

SpooPoker vs Victor!

With both of them aware of the contest and doing their best to beat the other.
fight[1].gif

Stitches: Just about anyone on this forum would probably wipe the floor with me. ha ha

Was that guy "wannabee" a creation of Vox? It seems like he disappeared when Vox did.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HF - hopefully SB will put up the new thread shortly, and SB, you are welcome to include some of the fun quotes from here to get the new one started with some steam. as well the explanation below.

HF - regarding your other comments. you are 100%. and that is kind of the point. there is a strong groupthink that has presented itself here saying that with a SC the shirt pretty much must be blue and that pretty much all red ties are no bueno.

general idea is that:

white shirt = formal and SC = not formal. hence they may not be seen together.

red tie = too loud. no good.

however, i think that while those can be true, its not a hard and fast rule, as there are few flat line rules about what looks good. the challenge then is to show that when done well these things can coalesce and look good, and dare i say, tasteful.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads