• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

scrolls

Reaction score
Hem pants but it's fine. That's a super standard outfit that always looks good. Well done on the belt + shoe match.

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Hem pants but it's fine. That's a super standard outfit that always looks good. Well done on the belt + shoe match.

Yes it's a super standard outfit, but I have to agree with Erik in that it looks incomplete and not particularly interesting. I actually wear chinos with button downs often and I think you have to add some more casual elements to it to make the outfit appear more deliberate.

If you're tucking in your shirt and not wearing a jacket, I think the shirt sleeves would look better rolled up. You can also cuff your pants a couple times and put on some nice boots to anchor the whole thing.

Also, precise belt and shoe matching is overrated.

fairlynerdy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find that I can't wear that khaki color for pants anymore, whether chinos or even wools. No matter what I pair with it, it always ends up lacking in interest and makes me think of cube farms.

novaeagle

Reaction score
Congratulating someone on matching their belt and shoes is like congratulating someone for waking up in the morning.

As an engineer, I disagree. I currently have a coworker wearing black "dress sneakers" with a blue shirt, black pants, and brown belt. It makes me want to scream. And I'm asked why I dress so nice when I don't even wear a jacket just because my clothes are cohesive...

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the downside, it was 39 degrees. On the upside, brand new custom coat from Luxire just arrived.

Coat: Luxire (Holland & Sherry tweed)
Cashmere turtleneck: Uniqlo
Corduroys: Brooks Brothers
Suede Chukkas: Brooks Brothers
Watch: Timex Easy Reader
Wrist Beads: homemade

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@Cotton Dockers I particularly like the EG jacket in the third photo.

@mc2k Nice colors, trousers especially. And I like how you've cuffed them to hang well above your shoes. Gives the whole thing just a little bit of a relaxed vibe.

bebop d

Alpha-M
Reaction score
Pedantic belt + shoe matching is really the mark of a neophyte.

"Check out how my shoes and belt match," said Gianni Agnelli to Sophia Loren never.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paxy