• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

VOTING THREAD: SWD Challenge MAKE SF GREAT AGAIN edition anti-snyergy

Who wins best anti-synergistic/style-assymetric fit?

• Rais

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • Rosenrot

Votes: 26 44.8%
  • FrankCowperwood

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • rjbman

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • Zennon

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • baltimoron

Votes: 18 31.0%
  • kindofyoung

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • trichomatic

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • el Bert

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • wansui

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • myshoeiswet

Votes: 12 20.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

trichomatic

Reaction score
Thanks for everyone who entered their anti-synergistic / style-assymetric fit.
Cast your votes within this week! As a reminder the entries are below:

Tried this for the challenge by combining designers/brands that might not conventionally be mixed. But looking at it now it's just a bomber, high-waisted, flared jeans and some sneakers.
Thought I'd throw it up anyway to get the ball rolling and might edit it out with something better if I can be more creative before the challenge ends.

Final Home
Jean Paul Gaultier
Nike

YYPH Jacket and Trousers; Raf Simons x Adidas Super Trekker; Alexander Wang bag

Nothing really synergises with these shoes to be honest.
Here's a try. Not sure if there's anti synergy here or if it's just not terribly exciting one way or another.

James Grose
Heineken sponsored Save the Miami Marine Stadium tee (almost no viz)
Epaulet x 2
Attila

I'd be interested in any critiques for how to introduce more anti synergy.

eg / story / w+h / nike

Found the kidcrash's advice really interesting. So here's my attempt.

9sWLneE.jpg

Sasquatchfabrix/White Mountaineering/Thrift/Raf Simons Stans

My thought process for this challenge was to try and mix up prints patterns that I wasn't sure would play well with one another (tie dye / camo / plaid). Most of my clothing is black, so I wanted to use that as a link between everything. To be honest, I had a lot of fun putting rose camo underneath tie dye, it's something I might try again with a different pair of pants. I also considered wearing some sort printed button down but probably won't get favorable lighting / street conditions before the end of the challenge so this is what I've got.

I had something more interesting planned, more specifically the same top but with grey pleated loose trousers and white sneakers. Unfortunately the weather here has been really **** this week so had to switch out the bottom part to something more weather appropiate.

Anyway, the outfit as originally intended would have been the "streetwear" sneakers, oversized graphic print and cap together with the more "dressy" shirt and trousers.

Now it's still the sweatshirt and cap, but instead with wool trousers, cotton shirt and boots, which while still being sort of an unusual mix (the oversized sweatshirt anyway) resulted in a significantly less exciting outfit. Oh well, atleast I participated
thumbs-up.gif

more challenging than anticipated, but i guess thats why its a challenge

nike x benz niche graniph stone island suicoke

Here's my entree

Throwing in my figurative hat:

Plantation / Bootleg Led Zep / Y's / Nike
Great contest idea!

Silent cardigan + scarf
Guerrilla Group tee
Comme des Garcons Evergreen wool trousers
Muji Socks
Ann Demeulemeester sneaks

trichomatic

Reaction score
Voting is now closed. Thanks for all the contributions and helping make SF great again.

Congrats to Rosenrot for getting the most votes. (not sure how to tag user).

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
mad.gif
@Rosenrot already got a story, but I guess she can have another. What's next?

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
iz not fair because rosenrot is imba class. she's a sagi char

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads