• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

[VOTING] SW&D Challenge - Androgyny

Who's the prettiest gal at the ball?

• nicelynice

Votes: 40 41.7%
  • Lorcan7

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • canstyleace

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • leftofthedial

Votes: 11 11.5%
  • A Fellow Linguist

Votes: 16 16.7%
  • spacepope

Votes: 43 44.8%
  • RegisDB9

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • notwithit

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • futuresailors

Votes: 15 15.6%
  • Auximenes

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • 3 Prague Winters

Votes: 8 8.3%
  • Synthese

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • snowmanxl

Votes: 7 7.3%
  • Neofinitia

Votes: 16 16.7%
  • kindofyoung

Votes: 11 11.5%
  • BreezyBirch

Votes: 10 10.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Hi everyone – seems the last thread was deleted, so let's give it one more try! A big thank you to everyone who entered this challenge. I know it was a tough one, but I was really impressed with the entries. Voting closes Wednesday at midnight!
Androgyny goes two ways~
SlzANZe.gif
Full quality and deets:
JQDtVcM.jpg
Margiela Uni-qlo Uni-qlo Moto shoes Julius Nonnative Junhashimoto boots
6bWThdQ.jpg
Julius Uni-qlo AM Boots (Carpe Diem spinoff) Margiela Uni-qlo Jun Hashimoto jeans Alden boots
Not sure there is any point in posting this after nicelynice's (I love how even the glasses switch haha), but this is my attempt... I figured shawl was a good way to go EG EG uniqlo mmm
*******, I'll follow lorcans lead... fit is inspired by the fwk lkbks which I've enjoyed the past few seasons, so its also more of a how would you like a girl to dress
Seems like an awesome challenge. From a couple of days ago: Vintage Umii 908 Springsteen Helmut Lang Docs
I'm an FWK girl.
EG/WGACA/45rpm/EG/JE+Co/Buttero
You want to see some weird ****? Last summer I was browsing yahoo!japan for Carpe Diem stuff and came across a $50 "poncho". Why not? A week later I opened the package and discovered this:
A four-armed, cotton/metal/silk(?)/linen(?) women's dress. I was...disappointed? I didn't understand it. And so it sat in the back of my closet. Until today. Oliver Peoples sunglasses Isabel Benenato hat, knit KKA pants Silent scarf, bag Carpe Diem dress, boots Long story short this **** is crazy. With some pins you can create some seriously beautiful geometric draping, and the top set of arms can be folded down your back to create this weird cowl collar. I spent at least fifteen minutes in front of the mirror just playing with the thing. Starting to believe some of the SZ hype about Altieri. I could go on and on––it was a very strange and interesting and fun experience––but I won't. I will say that this was a trip faaaaaar outside my comfort zone, and that I think I'm better for it. Now to scrounge the internet for wrap skirts...
Closest thing I could do for this challenge
Indoor pics didn't turn out so well. Might try to step outside at some point for better lighting.
a hat of some sort silent zamb x2 guidi
Obligatory pigeon-footed waist hunch [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR]
LL
Rick Damir Homemade Helmut Valentino
would ve been better with other pants, but anyway here we go. Wearing my sluttiest knit, without an under layer, for this challenge.
MMM T by Wang JE MMM
Not sure if this is genderless or really masculine: (yesterday):
5XJMUnXl.jpg
I also realized that I can turn my insane Julius vest into a skirt, but it was way too hot to wear it out.
I'd marry the woman who wears this
Sup ladies...
7ae96404-698f-444b-9a8e-b40aa8b74b49_zps9c9f26f5.jpg
and...
bc2efc9a27c5b3ea97bcb2382fdaa48d_zps344fd4ea.jpg
Didn't actually wear this out since the skirt, which is actually a shirt I've folded and tied is a bit too much of a hassle to wear. I do quite like the look though, and I can't imagine commisioning a simple cotton-skirt that looks like this would be very expensive...
lolz am bearded girly man
luc hat (switched it to the grey side), tb x dita shades, nonnative silk stole, sacai cardi, damir tee, facetasm tights, cdgh+ shoes, guidi bag, novis knee high sasquatchfabrix socks

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sorry for all the trouble with getting this live, but should be A-OK now. If you voted previously, you may have to vote again. :(

this is perhaps one of the most interesting challenges i have seen here, and with some great results.

on the one hand i am bummed out that i just found this and was unable to post an entry, on the other hand, i may have spared myself some grave embarrassment.

Someone get CM in here!

i plan on linking the thread on monday. dont hate me if it results in chaos and people being asshats.

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How I think CM will feel about some of the the entries:

Lorcan7 - The cut on that sweater is ridiculous/awful
Canstyleace - he looks like he's going to search for shangri-la riding a yeti
spacepope - he looks homeless hehehehehehehehehehe I'm so clever
RegisDB9 - finally a MAN!
3 Prague Winters - nice armchair
Neofinita - guys look he's wearing a dress LOL
kindofyoung - are those aldens?
BreezyBirch - what...the...****

turns out I was completely wrong, cool

oh and thanks for the votes guys, much appreciated
smile.gif

Last edited:

luv2breformed

Reaction score
CMer here. I like:

canstyleace
leftofthedial
RegisDB9
notwithit
Neofinitia

I also think I like Synthese

I voted for leftofthedial :)

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
x post with link has been made in MC. lets see what happens. :)

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I love Pope's fit the most. Man alive is that beautiful . Had to vote for that, though it doesn't come across as androgynous. Leftofdial for a nice fit, nice use of color, nice use of whatever that floral thing is, and going the whole nine yards with the painted fingernails. But I think Lorcan deserves the win here. A lot of gothninja (sorry if I'm misclassifying that) is already pretty androgynous to my untrained eye, but Lorcan genderbent his outfit more than anyone else.

Edit: I regret voting for Pope given his commanding lead. It's an amazing fit. Squirreled away in my compendium of SW&D fits that I like (not used for inspiration, just admiration). But I don't see what is so androgynous about his fit.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
um, he is wearing a dress. how is that not androgynous?

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Sweet! Too bad I don't check in on this side of the forum more often, I might have some stuff that would have worked in this challenge.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
um, he is wearing a dress. how is that not androgynous?

It didn't appear he was wearing it as a dress. It wasn't recognizable as such, at least not from a lot of wraps that I see. Again, untrained eye.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
but if you read teh words in his entry post, you would know. :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads