• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lorcan7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Were 15ss Virgils on the narrower last? I was surprised mine fit so snugly (more snug than my Brigs in the same size). Haven't really worn them yet. Tempted to flip and get 7 holes.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What makeup? All virgils fit me the same but certain materials lend to a more stiff fit ie my bison feel tighter than my kngr because they have 0 give

Lorcan7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
calf suede

probably just my fat feet
redface.gif

Shinoda

Reaction score
Are there any diff between the ICt ver of Virgil? Besides the fact that it cost like twice over the visvim ver?

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are there any diff between the ICt ver of Virgil? Besides the fact that it cost like twice over the visvim ver?

they don't cost twice as much unless you pay via us webstore. depending on leather, the other variable is that all of the ict virgils are soaked in iron rich mud for 30 days with other things (I think metals for rust / oxidation) which give a strong patina to the leather. In addition some of them are distressed so you may see pitting or surface wear. The patch is also indigo fabric, although it doesnt factor into the cost. The main driver is the distressing that is done to the boots. IMO they can look "okay" but I sold my ICT virgils because they are weakened after soaking / distressing process. The sole tends to separate fairly easily because they glue the sole and water from soaking causes it to separate a bit. On paper it's cool, but in reality kinda lacking.

winston86dit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's almost like they need to do the distressing to the upper and outsole separately and then put the boots together afterward so you don't run into that problem. That should help a little bit. Might make it so the distressing isn't as "natural" but if it means the boots last longer (except for maybe the uppers), it might be worth it.
I always like how the ICT boots look though.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Right? It would be cool if the hides were patina'd then they constructed the boot. I get it though, because everything from the welt, the hardware and the stitching is part of the distressing which gives it a really nice look. It is just unfortunate that we are paying a premium for shoes that are almost guaranteed to be flawed out of the box.

winston86dit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed. The funny thing is, is it seems to directly go against some of the ethos of the brand. Hiroki has always talked about making modern items that would one day become vintage so I also find it odd to make products knowing full well they won't last as long.
There's definitely ways of doing similar distressing without comprising the integrity of the shoe itself. Just needs to be tested some.

On another note, those Brigs from this season, were they just released in Japan? I'm starting to think no one in the US ordered them or was able to get a hold of them and I'm becoming more and more bummed I missed out.

Shinoda

Reaction score
There's no way that they'd discontinue something that's popular. Just look at the grizzly, they've been releasing similar denim / leather combo recently even though at a higher price.

The ICT version doesn't sound like it's worth the extra price then. I don't think one could tell the difference with the patina of normal visvim ver and the ICT ver once they are both worn in, asides the laces and the small tag differences.

Reaction score
Conversation Topic: Does anyone use they're visvim boots outside of city living (say for hiking, or similar stuff)?

I was scared to use my Scripturas folks because of the painted finish, but I recently noticed the tongue is sewn to the leather liner where the laces are, which seem like a water proofing feature. That Plus the lug sole seems to indicate theyd be decent for hiking.

Emixam

Reaction score
I would definitely use my Vis boots in the wild if I was not living in the city. Scriptura have to be one of the toughest Vis boots with the Cochise, but as discussed often here Vis bootsare tough Fashion boots i.o. with Viberg which are more like fashionable workwear boots.

Here are Ruco`s scriptura after 15 miles trek

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members