• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

codymc13

Reaction score

codymc13

Reaction score

sorry mate, very fake. first thing that makes you wonder is why they would paint a 18k gold frame. anyway lots of wrong things on the picture

Well that sucks because the man i got them from actually paid a nice chunk for them back in the mid 90s from a Ray-Ban dealer in Alabama.

jjr2

Reaction score
Maybe one day a real forum divided by type (olympian, aviator, caravan....), lenses... Where we could speak clearly about B&L Ray Ban.

Anyway, very Nice. Good work from the expert. Especially oosterling.

oosterling

Reaction score
Maybe one day a real forum divided by type (olympian, aviator, caravan....), lenses... Where we could speak clearly about B&L Ray Ban.

Anyway, very Nice. Good work from the expert. Especially oosterling.

thanks, however, i dont see me as the expert, edcipo can mayb confirm that ;-)
im just a gut collecting (not even 2 years actually) that gather knowledge be reading on the internet and talking to other "experts"
so in the past maybe i made more mistakes that i do now :D, learning on the job. Anyway, the BL era of Ray Ban is full of exceptions and oddities. So to become and actual expert i think takes longer then 2 years ;-)

oosterling

Reaction score
Im totally with you edcipo, there always will remain a mystery. also, im sure you, and other have much more knowledge as youre in the business for quite some time i think. just imagining what all you must have seen.
Nice to have you on this forum.

myself my main and nearly only focus are aviators and different types of lenses, but obviously they produced so much more. the amount of models and variations is simply crazy

oosterling

Reaction score
Youre too humble, you have so many nice items, like several avis with A30 lenses.
But the ones with RB2 are gorgeous.
I just wih i could sell for the prices you list them :p

Last edited:

kippfin

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I recently picked up this pair of B&L Round Metal glasses for super cheap. I know these things are normally too good to be true, but thought I'd take a punt as I'd only be wondering if I didn't! I wanted to believe they were fake but everything about them seems to check out, so I thought I'd turn to you guys.

They are a sort of silver colour, possibly discoloured over time, they don't look like they've been treated all that well. See what you think.

They have B&L etched on both lenses.

B&L RAY-BAN U.S.A. etched on the back of the bridge, B&L on the rubber nose stopper things but I couldn't quite get a picture (what are they called?)

And W2103 YNAW on the end of the right arm.

Another thing is that they're quite small; I'm not too sure the measurements, but I've also compared them to my brother's new Luxottica ones which are sized 50-21.

So if they are real; when are they likely to be from? I'd love to know as much as possible about these!

Fingers crossed!

oosterling

Reaction score
@kippfin honestly there are many bargains passing by frequently, luckely :D

differences in size is: round metals versus small round metals. timewise, im not sure from when on BL started to use the coding on the paddles. somewhere mid 80s i think it was.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads