• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Paging @friendlygoz . Feels like you could do a great job restoring this pair.
Thanks for the heads up. I think these are Canadian-made based on the foot bed and sizing code. I’m set on long wings right now.

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AE Barlett today….
IMG_5869.jpeg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Satoman1

Reaction score
I picked up this pair of Florsheim Imperials, can anyone tell me what kind of leather this is? There are no labels on the shoe that I can find indicating what it is. Thanks!
Kudu leather, probably made in Canada by John Mchale

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked up this pair of Florsheim Imperials, can anyone tell me what kind of leather this is? There are no labels on the shoe that I can find indicating what it is. Thanks! View attachment 2164125

I had same pair. Mine were labeled as kudu antelope.

If made in Canada, manufactured by John McHale.

eTrojan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My maiden voyage with a pair of LB Sheppard shell LWB I recently picked up. I’ve done only a minimal amount of cleaning and conditioning.

There is a lot of residual polish that I haven’t taken the time to remove. A couple rounds of saddle soap, which was still turning burgundy with excess polish. And a quick round of neatsfoot oil to add some moisture. The shell is in pretty good shape and not showing any signs of dryness.

IMG_3274.jpeg

IMG_3151.jpeg

div25sec9

Reaction score

ppk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My maiden voyage with a pair of LB Sheppard shell LWB I recently picked up. I’ve done only a minimal amount of cleaning and conditioning.

There is a lot of residual polish that I haven’t taken the time to remove. A couple rounds of saddle soap, which was still turning burgundy with excess polish. And a quick round of neatsfoot oil to add some moisture. The shell is in pretty good shape and not showing any signs of dryness.

View attachment 2164321

View attachment 2164323
I picked up a pair recently as well. They are amazing!

actionjbone

Reaction score

View attachment 2164321

View attachment 2164323
It's always strangely satisfying to see the old excess pigment wash away from the leather.

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AE Grayson in shell for tassel Tuesday…
IMG_5872.jpeg
IMG_5873.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads