• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Video Games

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Can't you f*cking kids do anything nowadays???

Ask your mother!
bounce2.gif

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been playing Professor Layton and the Curious Village for review. It's really, really great and maybe my favorite Nintendo DS game. It's a bunch of SAT-esque puzzles in the form of an adventure game with amazing Franco-Danish cartoon presentation. Also been playing Audiosurf, which I'll continue to pimp to no end. I'm currently ranked second on TV on the Radio's "Wolf Like Me" but the first place dude's song is about 30 seconds longer than everyone else's so eventually someone will report it and I'll take my throne.

Also, CD Project RED, developer of The Witcher (probably the best PC RPG I released last year) announced they're putting out a new version (and a free patch for owners) that will fix every single little flaw the game had along with adding oodles of new content. It's essentially what most companies would put into an expansion pack and sounds really, really awesome. This is why I love PC games.
thumbs-up.gif

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am really looking forward to Bully: Scholarship Edition coming out for 360 on March 3rd. This will easily keep me busy until GTA4.

mrpologuy

Reaction score
I traded in 2 Wii games and was able to get Brawl for $9.99. I also paid for Mario Kart and Wii Fit. So, I have Brawl coming in March, mario kart in April and Wii Fit in may. I hear brawl is packed with tons of features on the disc. It will be one of the biggest games of the year. That will be it until Madden 09 comes out this summer.

Hugo

Reaction score
I'm playing RTW with mods atm. I also play some Rainbow Vegas on my box (just to geat ready for the sequell) and ofcourse Mass Effect.

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mrpologuy
I traded in 2 Wii games and was able to get Brawl for $9.99. I also paid for Mario Kart and Wii Fit. So, I have Brawl coming in March, mario kart in April and Wii Fit in may. I hear brawl is packed with tons of features on the disc. It will be one of the biggest games of the year. That will be it until Madden 09 comes out this summer.
Brawl is going to own your life. It's packed with all these fan-service, in-game "collectibles", Virtual Console demos of various games that are featured heavily in Smash Bros., online play, stage creation, etc., etc. It's ridiculous. I was supposed to have a play-session last Saturday but due to inclement weather it was rescheduled until tomorrow night. I can't wait.
bounce2.gif

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, playing Smash Bros was probably a horrible idea because every day this week leading up until tomorrow has been null. I can't wait.

What is everyone playing? Unfortunately, my WoW addiction has been rekindled so that's taking up most of my gaming time. Been getting in a song or two of Audiosurf semi-daily, completely finished Layton so I've been looking forward to the weekly downloadable puzzles (the last two of which have been way too easy) and I want to hop back into Rez HD and defend my high score. Also, should be getting the Japanese version (comes out in June in the US) of Space Invaders Extreme for DS in any time now for review. It looks pretty neat. They've retooled the formula into this synaesthetic, comb-driven experience.

Anyone get Wipeout Pulse? I used to be a huge fan and I'm wondering how the "definitive" version turned out. Just found out the new Winning Ele...I mean, Pro Evolution Soccer comes out Tuesday. Jesus...

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't like the new Pro Evo soccer (loved 5, 6-7 were let downs) ... think Fifa is a much better game. The game play feels very 'forced'.

tlaxa

Reaction score
I recently dug up my ancient computer in order to play some of those old 80s and early 90s games. They're great, especially the adventure games. Why don't they have good adventure games anymore? Last great one I played was Grim Fandango.

I'm also playing some of the Paradox games, possibly the most historically detailed and accurate games I've ever played in my life: Crusader Kings, Europa Universalis, Hearts of Iron. For gods sake, you can even play as Afghan generals during WW2!

Jenaimarr

Reaction score
Super Smash Brothers Brawl just came out last night at 12:00am and I've been playing it non-stop for the past 7 hours (actually 6 hours... damn daylight savings). Smash bros truly is a time suck.

Despite all the advances and new characters since melee and the original version, I still always stick with pikachu and kirby.

Anyone have a home remedy for carpal tunnel?

mrpologuy

Reaction score
I just cracked my copy of Smas Bros!!! WOW!! It is an awesome game. I am new to gaming and never played the one on Gamecube. It seems like their is a ton of content on the disc. I am going to be playing it all day on my next day off. It is the best game I have ever played.

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Currently playing some EA NCAA08 March Madness -- pretty much the only way to see Georgia Tech beat Duke ...
plain.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads