• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Video Games

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mrpologuy
I just beat Super Paper Mario. It is a great game and if you have a Wii, you must play it.
I really liked this game, but for some reason I thought it paled in comparison to the other Paper Mario games. There was a lot of generica and empty space. However, I loved the "nerd fortress" section. One of the funniest moments in gaming.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jonglover
I really liked this game, but for some reason I thought it paled in comparison to the other Paper Mario games. There was a lot of generica and empty space. However, I loved the "nerd fortress" section. One of the funniest moments in gaming.

I agree, the gameplay was pretty hollow. It didn't have the level design of other Mario sidescrollers or the color of other Paper Mario games (save for the great dialogue).

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Downloaded Puzzle Quest on Steam because, you know, I need more games to play. It's really great; probably the best version of the game. You can download the demo here.

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
one word:

Crysis
worship.gif

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
20071015.jpg
I empathize because my 8800 Ultra does not own this game as it should. Whine, whine.

mrpologuy

Reaction score
It has been confirmed that Rock Band will be coming out for the Wii. I will have to buy that.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thracozaag
one word:

Crysis
worship.gif

Glad to here you like it. I'm really looking forward to playing that in 3 years.
frown.gif

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian278
Glad to here you like it. I'm really looking forward to playing that in 3 years.
frown.gif

I wish they would have spent less time trying to bring my computer to a stop and more time working on the AI. Still a very good game.

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Played it on my friend's frankenstein super-computer, and it STILL couldn't run it at the proper frame rate at maximum detail.
lol8[1].gif

hopkins_student

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jonglover
I wish they would have spent less time trying to bring my computer to a stop and more time working on the AI. Still a very good game.
Did you play it on the hardest difficulty level? The lack of an aiming sight makes it so difficult that I hadn't really noticed the AI wasn't up to snuff. It's seemed pretty good so far.

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hopkins_student
Did you play it on the hardest difficulty level? The lack of an aiming sight makes it so difficult that I hadn't really noticed the AI wasn't up to snuff. It's seemed pretty good so far.

Yes. I also played on the "regular" difficulty and found it kinda' tough towards the end of the game. My problem with the AI is the same problem I have with AI in other open-world games, in that the line-of-site is very shoddy ("There's no way that dude saw me 100 yards away, peeking out from behind a bush on a hill.") and the combatants can be very easily manipulated (drawing them into a house, planting explosives and jumping into the water). I still think it's a great game, if not the revelation everyone thought it would be. But yeah, for the next iteration I hope they work on the AI. That's the next huge technological push: having AI act realistically in dynamic open-world environments.

Anyone else getting Devil May Cry 4 today? I'm torn as both versions have their merits. The 360 version has better graphics, achievements, leaderboards, rumble and no install. Apparently, it also sounds like an F-16 taking off when playing on your 360. The PS3 version has a lenghty install but very short load-times and the PS3 controller, which is similar to what I'm been playing DMC on since the first. Decisions, decisions.

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm interviewing this guy about his indie game Rorschach, which is a really moody, pretty adventure game for PC and PSP. I had no idea, and started this story because I loved the game so much, but the designer was the lead designer for Starbreeze on both The Darkness and The Chronicles of Riddck: Escape from Butcher Bay. Small world.

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My quest for abstinence continues. Finally made it in the top ten for Area 1 of Rez HD. On to Area 2.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics