1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Video Games

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Brian SD, Nov 7, 2007.

1. dusty

dusty Well-Known Member

I haven't heard anything about the Disk Drive games, but that and the upgraded F-Zero X complete with track editor and file-sharing would be amazing. I've never played Doshin, but it's one of those games that I've always thought to look really interesting. Have you played it?

No I have not. Never even seen a DD.

2. Brian SD

Brian SD Well-Known Member

Sin & Punishment rocks. And I'll take an invite if you still have em, Jon.

3. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera Well-Known Member

Whoa, my brother gifted me Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection today for the Wii. So yeah...uh...a budget-priced pinball game for the Wii? But wait, it's awesome! It plays great with the wii-mote/nunchuck, the physics are spot on and the boards...oh my God, the boards. It includes some of my favorites, including Whirlwind (most of my childhood evenings consisted of sitting in a bar playing a dirty Ms. Pac-Man cocktail cabinet and Whirlwind), all recreated perfectly. As I have my thumb on the pulse (have no life), it's such a good feeling to get completely surprised with something like this that's genuinely very good. Nice to see that it's getting good marks, also. Ahhh...[​IMG]

4. Manny Calavera

Ikaruga has been confirmed for XBLA next Wednesday.

5. Mauro

Mauro Well-Known Member

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    COD 4 is runing my life.

6. chronoaug

chronoaug Well-Known Member

Been killing a lot of dirty nicuraguans with my friends in ghost recon lately. We really need a 3rd controller.

7. thetieguy

thetieguy Well-Known Member

A new Kid Icarus is in the works and should be out later this year from what I gather. Is anyone getting Mario kart or Rock band for the Wii? I have only played Mario Kart on the N64 and rather enjoyed it. I have not played Rock Band yet on any system. It is a blast fromw hat I hear. I am not sure I want to shell out $169.99 for it yet. It is my understanding there is no downloadable content for it yet.

8. Brian SD

Brian SD Well-Known Member

There is plenty of DLC for Rock Band for PS360, but I dont really know anything about it on the Wii. It just seems ass-backwards to get it for the Wii because of the lack of hi-def sound and video, which are both really beneficial to the Rock Band gameplay.

I'm waiting very impatiently for Mario Kart Wii. It looks great.

9. dusty

dusty Well-Known Member

Have you heard about the gimped Gamecube controls though? I'm hoping it won't be anything significant.

10. Manny Calavera

Have you heard about the gimped Gamecube controls though? I'm hoping it won't be anything significant.

I've been worried about this game since it was first revealed. The early screens looked worse than Double Dash, the tiny plastic "wheel" that clips on to your Wii-mote, the addition of bikes, "compromised" battle modes according to Eurogamer, the disappointment that was Double Dash (it was a good game, but it was essentially what Super Mario Sunshine was to Galaxy, and didn't feel like Mario Kart), etc. I'm crossing my fingers.

I have too much to play, anyway. Ikaruga and Arcana Heart next week with Persona 3: FES (probably the best PS2 RPG) the week after. Right now I'm playing way too much WoW, some Smash Bros here and there and Shiren the Wanderer for the DS, which is an amazing remake of the first Mysterious Dungeon game for Super Famicon.

11. dusty

dusty Well-Known Member

Even if it turns out to be great, I'm not sure if I'll get it. After all these years, I'm finally getting tired of Nintendo rehashes. I've barely even played Brawl, since I put so much time into Melee and it feels like the same thing over again.

12. dusty

dusty Well-Known Member

Unrelated, but Jon, are you going to be getting into GTA 4 online? What system?

(sorry for the two-in-a-row everybody, I meant to edit this bit into my last post)

13. Manny Calavera

I haven't been a big GTA fan since Vice City, so I'm not sure. If I do end up buying it, I think I'll go 360 for the exclusive DLC. How about you?

14. dusty

dusty Well-Known Member

Well there's only been one game since Vice City, you know. San Andreas was a huge letdown for me as well with all of the tedious RPG elements. I only put about ten hours into it before I'd had enough, and this is coming from someone who has put at least 50 into every other installment in the series. I'm hoping that 4 does away with all that shit, and it does from what I can tell so far. I haven't decided which version to get yet, but I'm leaning toward PS3 just so I can do online multiplayer with my Xbox-less friends. EDIT: This piece from Games Radar (sorry) might get you more excited: http://www.gamesradar.com/f/hes-fini...40412432960029

15. Manny Calavera

Well there's only been one game since Vice City, you know. San Andreas was a huge letdown for me as well with all of the tedious RPG elements. I only put about ten hours into it before I'd had enough, and this is coming from someone who has put at least 50 into every other installment in the series. I'm hoping that 4 does away with all that shit, and it does from what I can tell so far.

I haven't decided which version to get yet, but I'm leaning toward PS3 just so I can do online multiplayer with my Xbox-less firends.

I just felt San Andreas lacked the escapism of the older titles. If I wanted to be a gangsta' ass, I could probably, you know, do that. I like the old Mafia elements so maybe the Russian mob shtick will bring me back. I'll keep your purchase in mind since I probably won't get it at release.

16. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Well-Known Member

still addicted to counter-strike. ololol :p

17. Hard2Fit

Hard2Fit Well-Known Member

still addicted to counter-strike. ololol :p

Great game.
    I'm pretty sure that was the last video game I ever played.
    Good clean fun.
    I miss it.

18. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Well-Known Member

de_aztec and de_dust for life.

19. Manny Calavera

True story: my CS team was the first North American team sponsored by Red Bull, who is now heavily involved in competitive gaming.

How embarrassing.[​IMG]

20. thetieguy

thetieguy Well-Known Member

I am replaying Resident Evil 4 now. What a great game!!!!