• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Video Games

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
jon--what's the selection like on the virtual console games? I suppose I could look this up...

My family got a Wii this weekend--I think it's an insidious plan to get me to visit home more often.

Shoreman--
http://www.vc-reviews.com/games
Pretty expansive list. New games come out every monday (I think, maybe tuesday?).

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Lotsa good ones one there. I was hoping to play the terrible, bargain bin games of my youth--Trojan, Rushnattack--but I'll settle for excite bike and SNES Sim City.

Dedalus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What the hell, your name is Jon Glover? I thought you were just a big fan of Erica Jong or something.

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I suck.
frown.gif

DoReMi is for the SNES. The only problem is that it's not translated, however the digital manual helps you out with any spots you might have trouble with. It is very good. Also, everyone should get Sin & Punishment, another Japanese import. It's an on-rails shooter (think StarFox) made by Treasure. It's insanely hectic and cool, and the co-op actually consists of two people controlling different functions of the same person. It's really fun, and my favorite VC game (behind Devil's Crush) as it's been hyped for years and I never had a chance to play it.

VC is dangerous, much like iTunes. 90% of the stuff on there is utter **** and it's way too easy to impulse buy. Most of the good stuff is pretty obvious (all the NES/SNES platformers/action games like Super Mario World, Mario 3, Super Metroid, Super GnG, Contra III, Super Castlevania and the big N64 games like Wave Race 64 held up very well and look great sans Nintendo 64 blur-o-vision). Careful, cause a lot of the 8-bit stuff has not aged well at all. Kid Icarus and Metroid in particular are better left to fond, untainted memories.

Also, props on the vc-reviews.com recommendation, kwilkinson. They're pretty on point.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jonglover
VC is dangerous, much like iTunes. 90% of the stuff on there is utter **** and it's way too easy to impulse buy. Most of the good stuff is pretty obvious (all the NES/SNES platformers/action games like Super Mario World, Mario 3, Super Metroid, Super GnG, Contra III, Super Castlevania and the big N64 games like Wave Race 64 held up very well and look great sans Nintendo 64 blur-o-vision). Careful, cause a lot of the 8-bit stuff has not aged well at all. Kid Icarus and Metroid in particular are better left to fond, untainted memories.

Also, props on the vc-reviews.com recommendation, kwilkinson. They're pretty on point.

+1,000, especially on the bolded. I bought Kid Icarus and haven't played it more than once. I wish they'd be more like iTunes in the preview, like let you download a demo for 10 minutes and play and see if u like it.
Hell, I thought I was buying the first Mario game, but I guess I was careless, b/c I got the GD arcade version where you go against another player with that POW block in the middle.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh lord, I tried to play Kid Icarus last year. Mistake!

I've been thinking about Sin and Punishment since my horrifically failed attempt to import-mod my N64. I'm going to try it out eventually. But what of Doshin the Giant!?

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dusty
Oh lord, I tried to play Kid Icarus last year. Mistake!

I've been thinking about Sin and Punishment since my horrifically failed attempt to import-mod my N64. I'm going to try it out eventually. But what of Doshin the Giant!?

I haven't heard anything about the Disk Drive games, but that and the upgraded F-Zero X complete with track editor and file-sharing would be amazing. I've never played Doshin, but it's one of those games that I've always thought to look really interesting. Have you played it?

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eek. Kid Icarus bashing? Not cool guys. I did spend 4 hrs this weekend playing and beating The Legend of Zelda on the VC. Funny how I still remember the location of every heart/item/dungeon layout/rupee guy after these years.

Didn't care at all for SSBB. Easily one of the most annoying games ever. SMG is addictive fun... the gravity aspect is amazing, and I usually cannot stand 3D perspective games. Super Paper Mario ended up being a major let-down after the first hour. I have insanely high expectations for Mario Kart Wii.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jonglover
I haven't heard anything about the Disk Drive games, but that and the upgraded F-Zero X complete with track editor and file-sharing would be amazing. I've never played Doshin, but it's one of those games that I've always thought to look really interesting. Have you played it?

No I have not. Never even seen a DD.

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whoa, my brother gifted me Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection today for the Wii. So yeah...uh...a budget-priced pinball game for the Wii? But wait, it's awesome! It plays great with the wii-mote/nunchuck, the physics are spot on and the boards...oh my God, the boards. It includes some of my favorites, including Whirlwind (most of my childhood evenings consisted of sitting in a bar playing a dirty Ms. Pac-Man cocktail cabinet and Whirlwind), all recreated perfectly. As I have my thumb on the pulse (have no life), it's such a good feeling to get completely surprised with something like this that's genuinely very good. Nice to see that it's getting good marks, also. Ahhh...
inlove.gif

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
COD 4 is runing my life.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.