• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Veep (HBO)

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can't believe this fantastic show does not have its own thread yet (unless my search skills are lacking). It starts Julia Louis Dryfus (Elaine from Seinfeld) as the vice president of the free world. The show was created by the genius behind In the Loop (it's fairly similar and has some of the actors). It's also in its second season.

I find this show hilarious and though I DVR it to view on Mondays, it always puts me in a great mood which none of my regular TV shows (Borgias, Game of Thrones, Mad Men) tend to do.

I think JLD is pretty smoking on the show (much improved from her Elaine days), Jonah is such an awesome annoying douche, and the Veep's daughter (Keifer sutherlands daughter in real life) is pretty smoking for a wall flower.

Any other viewers here? Season finale is next Sunday.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
this show's hilarious. only got to see a few episodes this current season. the helsinki episode was fantastic.. the angry birds reference, the finnish pm's husband groping the vp, the finnish prime minister, "axis of dick".... :fonz:

life_interrupts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love the show. Caught up with it on HBO On Demand. JLD is so inappropriate as a mix of Palin, W, and Bachmann. Dan and Amy as the twin troubleshooters/troublemakers, and Gary the slug. Love it.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you are into this and have Hulu Plus, I highly recommend Iannucci's previous show, The Thick of It. I think it probably helps to know a few things about British government and politics, but I dont know a whole lot about it and still had no trouble getting the satire.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My wife watches this pretty religiously. I wasn't a big fan of the first season but it's growing on me now.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now that HBO go is on the Apple TV and my wife is gone for a couple of weeks, I'm gonna blast through this one (and a few boxes of Kleenex courtesy of Anna Chlumsky)

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is one of the few shows I follow religiously. Absolutely fantastic.

SD1

Reaction score
I was told about this show a few weeks ago and did a marathon of Season 1 and 2. Really good. Very funny, and holds up to multiple viewings. I think the political satire is perfectly in sync with the more broad humor.

“POTUS groped you?”
“No, POTUS wouldn’t have the balls to grope me.”

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads