• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanity Fair's Best Dressed List 2008

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thurston
They are particularly vile looking.
stsl24_bdl0809.jpg

The shoes are a premature abortion.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most of this **** is horrible!

Originally Posted by speedster.8

LAPO ELKANN Because he's the Lapo of luxury. Residences: Turin, New York City, and Shanghai. Occupations: Entrepreneur, founder of Italia Independent and Independent Ideas, and international ambassador for Italy's Museo del Design (Triennale). Age: 30. Personal style: "Always be yourself." Favorite clothing purchase of 2008: Borsalino Cotton Club vintage hat. Most frequently worn items: "A solaro jacket from Ferdinando Caraceni and a blue pin-striped suit by Huntsman." Causes: Italy and Israel. From Matt Carasella/PatrickMcMullan.com.

Those are causes?

BROTHERS RAFAEL, THE DUKE OF FERIA, and DON LUIS MEDINA Because they're Spanish fly. Residence: Madrid. Rafael's occupation: "Founder and co-owner of Scalpers, a men's-fashion line started up in Spain in 2007." Age: 29. Style icon: Oscar de la Renta. Tailor: Tom Ford. Shirtmaker: Derby Gardeazabal, in Bilbao, Spain. Shoe designer: Berluti. Sunglasses: Persol 714. Watch: Montblanc Star Nicolas Rieussec. Cause: Hermanas de la Cruz, in Seville. Luis's occupation: Director of Showme. Age: 27. Style icon: Gianni Agnelli. Tailor: Cesare Attolini. Shirtmaker: Luigi Borrelli. Shoe designer: John Lobb. Sunglasses: Italia Independent. Watch: Rolex Daytona. Cause: World peace. By Mario Sierra.
Easily the best I saw.

IRIS APFEL Because she's the Apfel of our eye. Residence: Palm Beach. Occupations: "Geriatric starlet and founder of Old World Weavers." Age: 86. Current projects: Advertising model for Coach handbags; "Iris Apfel: Rare Bird of Fashion" on view now at the Nassau County Museum of Art, in Roslyn Harbor on Long Island. Fashion item she cannot live without: "Do you have a favorite child?" Favorite jewelry: "Black leather, braided necklace with a silver-and-turquoise Navajo charm." Favorite handbag: "A $5 denim handbag I bought from a flea market in Amish country." Causes: Visual health, the Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, and Lighthouse International. Here, with husband Carl. By Joe Schildhorn/PatrickMcMullan.com.
Holy glasses on this old bird!

BRAD PITT and ANGELINA JOLIE Because it's all in the family. Residences: Malibu and Aix-en-Provence, France. Brad's occupation: Actor. Age: 44. Tailor: Tom Ford. Watch: Tag Heuer. Notable 2008 red-carpet ensemble: Tom Ford tuxedo with vest but no tie to the sag Awards. Causes: Jolie-Pitt Foundation, Not on Our Watch, Global Action for Children. Angelina's occupations: Actor and U.N. goodwill ambassador. Age: 33. Notable red-carpet ensemble of 2008: Olive-green Max Azria Atelier gown with Bulgari jewelry, worn to the Kung Fu Panda premiere. Notable jewelry of 2008: A gold machine-gun necklace designed by her son Maddox. Causes: Jolie-Pitt Foundation, the office of the U.N. High Commissioner for Refugees, the YÃ
00a9.png
le Haiti Foundation. By Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images.
I tend not to follow celebrities so I was surprised to see that Angelina is so young. I thought she was closer to Brad's age. I saw Wanted recently and was struck that she is showing some serious age lines (in the close-ups). If she's like that at 33, she's not gonna age too well. She also looked ridiculously close to being anorexic. Still beautiful though.

CHRISTY TURLINGTON BURNS Because she put the chic in sirshasana. Residence: New York City. Occupations: Model, designer, activist, mother. Age: 39. Personal style: "Pretty classic, not too daring, but not overly traditional either." Style icon: Audrey Hepburn. Favorite fashion purchase of 2008: Louis Vuitton Monogram Jokes bag. Cause: "Maternal health, for which I am an advocate on behalf of the humanitarian organization Care." By Billy Farrell/PatrickMcMullan.com.
WOWSA!!!!!!!!

There's a MILF!

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I loved Morley Safer's tux. He looked classy.

And btw, does one get to be an investement banker just based on royal cred or does that Greek guy actually have the education and skills to hold his job? Call me suspicious.

b

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlanC
Glad to see this, though:

LAPO ELKANN

Wasn't glad to see that name. Isn't there a celebrity overdose with his name on it?

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808
And btw, does one get to be an investement banker just based on royal cred or does that Greek guy actually have the education and skills to hold his job? Call me suspicious.

Royal cred = good business connections and relationships.

Motol12

Reaction score
Where is Nancy Pelosi on this. She is a far better dressed woman that Michelle Obama, she manages to look professional, imposing, and respectable without garbing herself in football-sized shoulder pads. I can't belive they didn't put her in.

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
diggin lapo! who makes his shoes?

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kanye West? What, did he threaten to write a hateful blog entry if they didn't include him in the list? He's so 'gangsta.'

babygreenspots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The selections are hardly that awful, though I have to agree about the taglines.

Kanye West, Lapo, Jonathan Becker, the Spanish Brothers- I think the men are looking okay. The second pair of brothers do look like they could be part of Ahmadinejad's cabinet.

Some of the women are pretty dreadful, but it is easier to screw up without all the rules.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Some of those people are fixtures for years... makes me wonder if they own boots that Graydon Carter likes to lick.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads