• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vass U last Aged Cognac

gorgesailor

Reaction score
New Vass shoes size 44. U last, old london, aged cognac. With shoe trees and bags but no box. Shoe measures 12.25 inches long and 4 and 1/8 inches wide (outside measurements). I wear 44 (11) in mantellassi and 10 1/2/11 in RLPL. These are very tight for me; now I know I'm a 45 in U lasts. You should probably be a size 43 to fit in these. They are gorgeous. I bought them for $845. Since the going rate is $750 shipped, then I'll take a loss and $750 shipped it is (domestic).

Attachment 3725

Attachment 3726

Attachment 3727

Attachment 3728

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
those are gorgeous.

havent seen that color before.

yes, for the U last, you must size up a half or full size.

i got a 43 once before and i am a size 10 and the 43 does not fit! it is extremely too tight.

43.5 would have been a fully snug fit and the 44 is very comfortable on me as well.
i would get these but i am in the process of getting several pairs myself at this moment.

trust me 750 is a DEAL on these.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LSeca
PM sent...

LOL,

what a coincidence!?? speak of the devil. best of luck to you!
laugh.gif

LSeca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by diorshoe
those are gorgeous.

yes, for the U last, you must size up a half or full size.

i got a 43 once before and i am a size 10 and the 43 does not fit! it is extremely too tight.

43.5 would have been a fully snug fit and the 44 is very comfortable on me as well.

Agree, these are great looking shoes.

Brian, were the 43s tight in the lenght or the width or both for this last?

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LSeca
Agree, these are great looking shoes.

Brian, were the 43s tight in the lenght or the width or both for this last?

i dont remember. i just remember they were tight all around. my heel hurt and toes hurt and i immediately took off the shoe. i only tried on my right foot as it is slighly very slightly smaller than my left.

dave5

Reaction score
PM sent, if first sale falls through. I wear a 10 and the 44 U last fits me very well

LSeca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dave5
PM sent, if first sale falls through. I wear a 10 and the 44 U last fits me very well

I want these very badly, unfortunately they will be too small. I am not going to buy them so good luck to you.
smile.gif

dave5

Reaction score
Thank you. Sorry they do not work for you, but I think they will for me.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
looks like you really want these shoes dave...

dave5

Reaction score
I believe there was a pair of suede, or partial suede Vass that I saw in perhaps one size. There weer a couple of pairs of Lobbs, I believe for $499 in three styles, 1 pair of loafers, and a couple of their more countrified walking type shoes, (sorry I did not make note of the models), and there was a Zegna leather and crocodile shoe, in 3 sizes, for $899. I did not ask if they expected additional stock.

I think there is a thread on the Forum where someone posted more detail on the sale, but I think, and the other psoter thought, that the sale was unimpressive.

yes, this was at 603 Washington.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads