• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Valet Parking vs. Garages/Street

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
How to cure all this:

Valet and have vehicle parked right at the front door vs. way out back in bumper bang land.

And then what, stand out there all night to make sure your car stays there? Not to mention that this isn't possible in many (probably most) places where you would get valet parking.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
valet only if that's the only avail option, otherwise always street or garage
+1. For some reason whenever I take the option to valet instead of self-park because of being in a hurry or not wanting to hunt for a spot a few blocks down it always ends up being that it takes much longer to get my car out of valet than had I parked down the block like everyone else. Ha, this just made me realize how much I hate the Sunset Strip. In SF, though, parking is a whore. Most hotels in town, especially around Union, forget to mention the $30 overnight parking charge...ffffuuuu---.

Agnacious

Reaction score
Pretty much always valet with the only times I don't is if I know there is a garage close to where I will be or will end up.

I have called restaurants to find out if they valet and that has decided whether I will go there or not, just for convince sake. I am not about to drive up and down streets hoping for a spot, like some high school kid out on a date.

I find people who do so annoying since they are invariably late and I am expected to be understanding because they decided to be cheap.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater
And then what, stand out there all night to make sure your car stays there? Not to mention that this isn't possible in many (probably most) places where you would get valet parking.

This is the second time having your car moved has been mentioned, by someone in this thread. I guess where I live, things are just different. For years, I've pulled up, flipped the valet $20 or so bucks, pointed to a spot, said park me there, and it's always been right in that spot when I walk out. Maybe things are different on the east coast or in LA or something.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is the second time having your car moved has been mentioned, by someone in this thread. I guess where I live, things are just different. For years, I've pulled up, flipped the valet $20 or so bucks, pointed to a spot, said park me there, and it's always been right in that spot when I walk out. Maybe things are different on the east coast or in LA or something.

Yeah, more than one person visits a restaurant, hotel, whatever at a time around here. You're also assuming that the spot you are pointing to is going to be open, which is also not often the case.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater
Yeah, more than one person visits a restaurant, hotel, whatever at a time around here. You're also assuming that the spot you are pointing to is going to be open, which is also not often the case.

Uh, more than one person visits the places I go to. And I only point to open spots. ****, I did not think this was complicated.

1) Pull up to valet
2) Flip him a nice fat tip at this time vs. the usual procedure of upon car pickup
3) Point to prime (open) spot right at the door
4) Walk back out to find your vehicle exactly where you wanted it to be

In the last decade, this precise procedure has yielded 100% success rate. Whatever.

Night Owl

Reaction score
Uh, more than one person visits the places I go to. And I only point to open spots. ****, I did not think this was complicated.

1) Pull up to valet
2) Flip him a nice fat tip at this time vs. the usual procedure of upon car pickup

In the last decade, this precise procedure has yielded 100% success rate. Whatever.

+1

I'm batting 1.000 at the Red Lobster in Little Rock

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Night Owl
+1

I'm batting 1.000 at the Red Lobster in Little Rock

Well, given the crime rate there, I'd just hire a driver and have him wait with the vehicle.

Night Owl

Reaction score
Well, given the crime rate there, I'd just hire a driver and have him wait with the vehicle.

Motor vehicle theft is only more than twice the national average

I am concerned about being 5-6 times more likely to get raped or assaulted when I leave the house but hey - Endless Shrimp

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

I am concerned about being 5-6 times more likely to get raped or assaulted when I leave the house but hey - Endless Shrimp

+1

Worth the risk.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score

****. Some guys just have it all figured out.

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by West24
since i walk i will get the valet to give me a *******. i dont tip.

It's not a ** if it's just the balls.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

1) Pull up to valet

BigTimer!
bigstar[1].gif
(it's all in the flip)

As George Costanza said (referencing parking/sex): Why pay for something when, if you apply yourself, you can get it for free?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krow13