• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Valet Parking vs. Garages/Street

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sometimes valet is cheaper or close enough compared to garage parking, plus it's more convenient. $8 for valet or $4/hour elsewhere?

ProfMonnitoff

Reaction score
Most of the time, Valet Parking is an idiot's tax. Walking a block has never killed anybody. If it's genuinely cheaper or MUCH more convenient, I'll consider it.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ProfMonnitoff
Most of the time, Valet Parking is an idiot's tax. Walking a block has never killed anybody. If it's genuinely cheaper or MUCH more convenient, I'll consider it.

Riddle me this: why do the idiot's have the money to valet, when you apparently don't?

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Riddle me this: why do the idiot's have the money to valet, when you apparently don't?

They don't necessarily. Same as how they may not really have the money for the hummer (car, no ****) or the bottle service they are about to order inside.

Estimating intelligence by how loosely one spends? You are better than that.

K

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VKK3450
They don't necessarily. Same as how they may not really have the money for the hummer (car, no ****) or the bottle service they are about to order inside.

K

Well, I'd neither get a Hummer or go somewhere with bottle service.

Somehow, I get this feeling I'm having a different conversation here than other folks. When I'm thinking of valet service, I'm thinking of an upscale place for the 35+ crowd to have dinner and drinks, not a club with bottle service.

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I'd neither get a Hummer or go somewhere with bottle service.

Somehow, I get this feeling I'm having a different conversation here than other folks. When I'm thinking of valet service, I'm thinking of an upscale place for the 35+ crowd to have dinner and drinks, not a club with bottle service.

Dont assume its about you and get offended.

Valet service exists anywhere from suburban Atlanta shopping malls to "the" new trendy (douchey) restaurant / club to more classic fine dining establishments.

I'll valet if the convenience warrents it, ladies are wearing heels, or in cases where it actually works out cheaper than hourly. I know idiots who think it's another symbol of their wealth (real or not).

K

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

K

I know idiots who think it's another symbol of their wealth (real or not).

K

QFI.
wink.gif

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
QFI.
wink.gif

Maybe I am dense (or a couple of drinks in), but I dont see the irony.

I said I know people who are idiots who look valeting as such. I didnt say that they are idiots because they do, they are idiots otherwise.

K

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What does valet parking have to do with how much money someone has anyway? I don't get my car parked by a valet even if it's free if I can avoid it. My car is much too nice to have some douchebag driving it around a parking lot. Also, it's usually less convenient because you have to wait around for the valet to take your ticket, then you have to wait around for him to get your car, then your car gets stuck behind a line of other people that got their cars valet parked. **** that, I can do it myself.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater
What does valet parking have to do with how much money someone has anyway? I don't get my car parked by a valet even if it's free if I can avoid it. My car is much too nice to have some douchebag driving it around a parking lot. Also, it's usually less convenient because you have to wait around for the valet to take your ticket, then you have to wait around for him to get your car, then your car gets stuck behind a line of other people that got their cars valet parked. **** that, I can do it myself.

How to cure all this:

Valet and have vehicle parked right at the front door vs. way out back in bumper bang land.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't like valet parking--one has to pay their exaggerated rates and then also pay a tip.

I will park my rather flashy car in even really ghetto neighborhoods in S.F.

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Admit it LK...you only do it for the admiration of the pimps.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater
Sums up my feelings about valet service.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BaryKeller