• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

University people... how long were you there?

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
To the OP - I should add that I have a master's degree as well. Actually, I have 1 1/2 master's degrees. After I finished my bachelor's, I started an MA in political science. My goal was a PhD in political science and a career as an academic. During my first year in the MA I decided the path I was on wasn't for me, so I switched to an MPA.

Because of the change grad school took me three years, though I could have done it in 2 1/2 if I'd wanted. I used some of the hours from my MA toward my MPA, so I could have finished my MPA in three semesters. However, the economy took a dump in the semester in which I was supposed to finish (12/08), so I got the department to let me keep my funding for one more semester, take spring classes, and get a dual specialization so I could be more marketable. It apparently worked, as I got a great job when I finally did finish (5/09).

Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
I worked full-time the entire time, so it's a little skewed. Earned my associate's in five and a half years. Seriously. Bachelor's took a total of seven and half years. JD took three years, MBA a year and a half. MPA in progress. Enjoy it, have a good time.

Out of curiosity, why get an MPA if you already have an MBA?

I ask because I have an MPA, and I've considered getting an MBA. However, I've never been able to justify more time spent in the classroom to get a second master's that's so similar to my first.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^ Are you serious? OP asked about education/time spent at university. I answered. I'm living proof that you don't have to do everything right the first time when it comes to education, and, given the OP seems to be in that position, I thought I'd give him my story. Sorry if I'm too verbose for you.

Also, **** off, noob.

ZackyBoy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrG
^^ Are you serious? OP asked about education/time spent at university. I answered. I'm living proof that you don't have to do everything right the first time when it comes to education, and, given the OP seems to be in that position, I thought I'd give him my story. Sorry if I'm too verbose for you.

Also, **** off, noob.

I appreciate your posts and don't think you were hijacking anything.
confused.gif

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ZackyBoy
I appreciate your posts and don't think you were hijacking anything.
confused.gif

Appreciate it. I'm glad you found them helpful.
cheers.gif

Good luck figuring everything out. I'm sure it will all come together in the end, even if it seems like it's taking forever.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AThingForCashmere
You should write a book about it.

In the 28th chapter, make sure you cover the subject of thread hijacking.

Holy ****! Where did that come from?
Pretty uppity for a n00b.

Smartalox

Reaction score
We had a saying:

Engineering School: It can be the toughest four years of your life...

OR THE BEST SEVEN!

cheers.gif

Those extra two years included:
- Competing at 2 international engineering competitions
- Converting a 1982 Chevy Malibu into a fully operational, driveable hot tub (the Carpool)
- a 16 -month working internship
- Recording an album (for fundraising purposes)
- Failing a year due to family upheaval
- Failing senior math... twice
- getting every single letter-grade in my University's marking system at least once.

My point is, don't sweat about pooching a course or a year. It might be the kick in the a$s that you need to figure out if you're doing what you really want to do. If you agree that you made the right choice, enjoy the ride. Get your wildness out of your system, and graduate without regrets.

Good Luck

AThingForCashmere

Reaction score
Guys I am soo sorry. I was replying to two different threads, and posted my snark to the wrong one. It wasn't directed at MrG or anyone in this discussion.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Smartalox
We had a saying:

Engineering School: It can be the toughest four years of your life...

OR THE BEST SEVEN!

cheers.gif

Those extra two years included:

Now, where did I put my calculator....?

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I took an extra semester because I switched majors, and wasn't disciplined enough. Definitely take the summer classes and get out as soon as you can.

ashpool

Reaction score
4 years undergrad, going into 1L. So about 7 years in total when I finish my JD. Never got laid in undergrad due to needing to get 90% avg or higher, but 1L baby, time to get it on.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ashpool
4 years undergrad, going into 1L. So about 7 years in total when I finish my JD. Never got laid in undergrad due to needing to get 90% avg or higher, but 1L baby, time to get it on.
Hello Jon.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads