• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Advice/ Feedback on my Winter 22/23 Styles Please?

Mr Tickle

Reaction score
So I think I am progressing in my ability to create outfits that look at least somewhat stylish and put-together. Certainly, when I look back at outfits I photographed myself wearing from last winter, or even the more recent spring/summer shots, I think I am getting closer to mastering the subtleties of matching colours, textures, levels of formality etc. Although I am 100% sure there are still plenty of missteps.

So here's a bunch of looks I've snapped over this winter, mostly featuring new stuff I've bought (I only tend to take pictures when I've got a new item of clothing I want to explore - even if it's just the dark olive cashmere scarf I picked up this winter over a sports coat or overcoat I've had for a few years.)

Interested as always in any feedback or suggestions on what I've got wrong and anything I could do to improve any of these outfits!

image.jpg
PXL_20221227_192118473.jpg

PXL_20230125_125839600_2 (1).jpg
PXL_20230125_130849859 (1).jpg
PXL_20230208_145255271.jpg
PXL_20230209_162406916.jpg
PXL_20230215_134915836.jpg

PXL_20230215_151047388.jpg
PXL_20230215_155038589.jpg PXL_20230220_234747828_2.jpg
PXL_20230223_175459098.jpg

PXL_20230223_180321407.jpg

PXL_20230223_180700006.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20230223_145008590.jpg
    PXL_20230223_145008590.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 3

Leiker

Reaction score
I don't care for the lighter color pants on you, but the others are nice.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In general I think the outfits are coherent and well-done. They are all very 'basic' -- not necessarily in a bad way, though. I think it is important to get the basics right. The only one that doesn't work for me is the green T-shirt under the peach button-down shirt. Trousers are a bit too long in a few outfits (#7, 8 in particular, maybe 6).

I think you can start branching out a bit more at this point. In general the colors, texture, and fit are very similar among these items. The cut of all your sweaters, jackets, shirts, etc is similar to one another. Even the tweed overcoats and sport coats are similarly textured. With the exception of the last sweater, the other pieces of knitwear seem very similar in thickness and color variegation. Now that you have a lot of these 'basic' items, I'd start buying very selectively with an eye to diversifying along other dimensions.

Mr Tickle

Reaction score
In general I think the outfits are coherent and well-done. They are all very 'basic' -- not necessarily in a bad way, though. I think it is important to get the basics right. The only one that doesn't work for me is the green T-shirt under the peach button-down shirt. Trousers are a bit too long in a few outfits (#7, 8 in particular, maybe 6).

I think you can start branching out a bit more at this point. In general the colors, texture, and fit are very similar among these items. The cut of all your sweaters, jackets, shirts, etc is similar to one another. Even the tweed overcoats and sport coats are similarly textured. With the exception of the last sweater, the other pieces of knitwear seem very similar in thickness and color variegation. Now that you have a lot of these 'basic' items, I'd start buying very selectively with an eye to diversifying along other dimensions.
Thanks. That's great feedback. Any suggestions for items I might consider diversifying into? I noticed there are no cardigans in these pictures even though I've been wearing them quite a bit this winter, they just didn't make it into any of these pics for some reason.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my two cents -- it's not necessarily moving into other categories of clothes but also diversifying the types of clothes you already have.

Would you consider sportcoats or knitwear with patterns? Or a cableknit sweater?

I like the five-pocket cords you posted. Would you consider different silhouettes -- for example, a more relaxed fit like these?

Mr Tickle

Reaction score
my two cents -- it's not necessarily moving into other categories of clothes but also diversifying the types of clothes you already have.

Would you consider sportcoats or knitwear with patterns? Or a cableknit sweater?

I like the five-pocket cords you posted. Would you consider different silhouettes -- for example, a more relaxed fit like these?
Oh yeah , they are nice - had my eye on a few pieces from them for a while. Not cheap though so will probably have to wait till I have an excuse to treat myself.
Patterned sports jackets - I've done most of the plain colours now - navy, brown, grey, cream etc - so will probably get onto them soon!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads