1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Travelling tailor/clothier looking for lodging in NYC & Philly

Discussion in 'Business, Careers & Education' started by OTCtailor, Jan 20, 2013.

1. OTCtailor

OTCtailor Well-Known Member

I'm an alterations tailor and custom clothier (mtm) based in the Lehigh Valley of PA. I'm an easy 1.5 hrs away from NYC and Philly in different directions. Nice place to live for that reason.
    I'm beginning a transition in my business by aggressively attracting custom clients primarily as opposed to attracting alterations clients primarily. I plan on having clients in all 3 markets, but mostly in Philly and NYC. My problem is that my wife and I only have one car so I'll be busing into the city in order to see clients. I'm looking for cheap lodging or perhaps an extra bedroom or at worst a couch to crash on with simple bathroom amenities for up to a weekend at a time. As I see my profit go up, I'll develop other lodging plans if need be.
    I'd also be willing to trade out my services in alterations or custom garments.
    I'm not looking to stay in the worst conditions possible, but higher end lodging is out of my reach right now.
    Do you live in the city and have a spare bedroom or couch space that you'd be willing to let me use for up to a weekend a month for a reasonable price or barter of services?
    Please contact me. I don't have any specific dates in mind but I'd like to set things up before I plan a trip.
    Thank you for your help!

2. dv_indian

dv_indian Well-Known Member

Try couchsurfing.com

3. OTCtailor

OTCtailor Well-Known Member

Thank you, I appreciate the tip.