• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Traveling and flying for the first time and I could use some help/tips

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Rambo,

Thinking about what you do on your cheat days I would recommend you go to Katz's Deli for pastrami.

Call when you arrive in NY so we know you got there all right!

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Perhaps there should be a SF united effort to ensure he gets on the plane, finds his seat and navigates his way to the hotel without incident.

lefty

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I last saw Rambro (11:25PM last night), he was fine. We had just eaten some fugu, but I heard from him this morning and he is still alive (as am I, obviously). The waitress told us that if anything bad was going to happen it would have been within 8 hours, so I think we're in the clear. He should be landing in FL any time now.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Quote:

Were you raised by badgers?

You're asking questions that an 11 year old could suss out by themselves in about three minutes.  My first thought was to suggest you ask your mom to pin a note to your coat reading, "Hello, my name is Bo. I'm going to New York! Please be gentle with me."  

Less time on SF asking your efriends to hold your hand; more time looking at your airline/hotel sites and figuring it out for yourself.  Come back when you have specific questions.

Call it another lesson on the road to manhood.

lefty

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score

Flying in Asia is so much easier without the TSA and all of their idiotic protocol.
On Friday I left for the airport in Seoul in rush hour, just absolutely crushing traffic at 6:17pm, got to the airport at 7:25pm, got my boarding pass and went through security and immigration, and ended up waiting 20 minutes to board an 8:10. I was at my house in Tokyo with the key in the door by 10:45, with two cartons of duty free Davidoffs I picked up on the way.

Dude I arrived 50 minutes before an int'l flight at ICN to PEK and they didn't let me check in. :brick:

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dude I arrived 50 minutes before an int'l flight at ICN to PEK and they didn't let me check in. :brick:

What where you doing in the Mainland? Or didn't you actually get to PEK in the end? I was under the impression you didn't like the place much.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score

What where you doing in the Mainland? Or didn't you actually get to PEK in the end? I was under the impression you didn't like the place much.

This was 2-3 years ago when I was still living in Beijing. I had to buy a new one-way ticket :/

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Were the checkin desks empty? I don't know if it's like this everywhere but I've been noticing lately on these commuter flights across Asia that the girls at the counters will check in a big group, leave through the employees only door once they're done, and then be there at the gate to rip your boarding pass. Seems kinda inefficient for them to move around like that all the time but that's how it works in Korea and Japan, at least I've noticed.
That flight I mentioned a couple weeks ago, I came in late with 45 mins to go like I said, only one guy there at the checkin counter, probably waiting for me actually, and then he's there at the gate to rip my boarding pass stub - but the guy stands there for a good while checking my passport and name on the boarding pass, wtf? He checked me in and issued my boarding pass with the same passport just 20 minutes before with nobody else in line, and I know I was like the only person on ANA that night with an American passport.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Quote:

Sorry to hear about your grandpappy, son, but I'm glad it all worked out for you. Next time put a service vest on Bessy and they'll let her on the plane.

lefty

Ya'llz is too kind

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads