• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

jkoll

Reaction score
I'm between a mdr and 4zip moto.. dark brown goat or black lamb. Not sure which one may benefit more from mtm, but can only afford one for now and any advice would be awesome. (note: I wear mostly v-necks, hair color is dirty blonde, 6'1" tall)

I've been hesitating on copping because of my summer return to the gym, and taking slight muscle growth into account could be important (is lamb more stretchable?)

Last edited:

chv7

Reaction score
I'm between a mdr and 4zip moto.. dark brown goat or black lamb. Not sure which one may benefit more from mtm, but can only afford one for now and any advice would be awesome. (note: I wear mostly v-necks, hair color is dirty blonde, 6'1" tall)

I've been hesitating on copping because of my summer return to the gym, and taking slight muscle growth into account could be important (is lamb more stretchable?)

That's not near enough information to determine your style. All you told us is your hair color and that you wear v-necks. You should know best which jacket style would suit you more. If you look dumb in a DR, buy a moto, if you look dumb in a moto buy a DR, if you look dumb in both, buy a bomber.

Also as stated many times in this thread, it's never good to size up to accommodate growth. My advice? wait a few more months if you really think you're gonna be packing on more muscle before ordering, otherwise have fun in the B&S thread.

Last edited:

jkoll

Reaction score
That's not near enough information to determine your style. All you told us is your hair color and that you wear v-necks. You should know best which jacket style would suit you more. If you look dumb in a DR, buy a moto, if you look dumb in a moto buy a DR, if you look dumb in both, buy a bomber.

Also as stated many times in this thread, it's never good to size up to accommodate growth. My advice? wait a few more months if you really think you're gonna be packing on more muscle before ordering, otherwise have fun in the B&S thread.
Thank you. Not what I wanted to hear, but what I needed. Never tried an DR on before, so not really sure.. will do more research
shog[1].gif

chv7

Reaction score
Thank you. Not what I wanted to hear, but what I needed. Never tried an DR on before, so not really sure.. will do more research
shog%5B1%5D.gif

Sorry if that was a little too blunt. Yea, it would be best to try on a DR style jacket before making your decision, if you have a H&M around you, you could always check them out. They usually carry some sort of faux biker styled jacket that you could try on to see how it'll look on you.

jabberwock1977

Reaction score

reality check you are a neurotic weirdo

Haha, yes I am hoping this is the case. Are you saying .5" too long is nothing to worry about? (writing this down it does seem a bit OCD). It's just it looks not quite right when unzipped. Will try and post pics later.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
낮에는 따사로운 인간적인 여자
티오제이에 여유를 아는 품걱있는 여자
밤이 오면 티오제이를 벗어주는 여자
가죽 알고 있는 여자

나는 사나이
낮에는 너만큼 따사로운 그런 사나이
티오제이 컷오프 전에 사는 사나이
밤이오면 심장이 터져버리는 사나이
난 그런 사나이

아름다워 사랑스러워
그래 너 hey 그래 바로 너 hey
아름다워 사랑스러워
그래 너 hey 그래바로 너 hey
지금 부터 갈 데까지 가볼까

오빤 카핏즈 스타일

Last edited:

jabberwock1977

Reaction score
Yup, neurotic is about right. Looks fine in photos right? Though any pointers for improvement accepted. (rubbish photos, I know)

Last edited:

wzjradam

Reaction score
Pants are fine, don't get big and make your pants look like sausage skin. But yes, judging from the picture, the sleeves are about an inch and a half too short.

okonomi

Reaction score
Don't listen to these dumbos above jabberwok, your jacket looks sick. What these no-souls refer to as 'short sleeves' is in fact the key to the TOJ wearer's most coveted achievement: non-chalance. Based on those pics, there is nothing wrong with the length either. You are rocking that thing properly.

jabberwock1977

Reaction score
Haha, thanks peeps. All duly noted and taken on board (though I'm not sure what the gym has to do with anything.. I definitely do not want bigger legs!).

Oko, they did have me worried as I had not previously noticed the shortness in the sleeves as clearly demonstrated in those pics. However, on trying the jacket on again I've realised that I'm expressing my nonchalance by having just flung the jacket on carelessly which meant the back was riding high, thus pulling the sleeve ups. Definitely liking your take on the aloof/don't care look. I would say that I would try to aspire to that, but then that would defeat the purpose. I wonder if Joey Ramone gave much thought to his sleeve length!

Last edited:

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
do try to grab up with your hands and pull each sleeve down over the shoulder. The jackets made inside out and the aren't stretched in any way when sent to you; you can get a little more length out of the sleeves (and all you need there based on the pic is like, a half inch - an inch and a half would be covering your hand basically)

jabberwock1977

Reaction score
Thanks Drew - that's interesting and good to know that option is there.Awesome jacket. It's the very awesomeness of it that's making me so OCD about the fit being perfect too. + the fact I added .5" in body length to Charly's sacred recommendations so I'm convincing myself I messed it up, but looking at the pics I'm more than happy with the body length.

thenewjs

Reaction score
낮에는 따사로운 인간적인 여자
티오제이에 여유를 아는 품걱있는 여자
밤이 오면 티오제이를 벗어주는 여자
가죽 알고 있는 여자
나는 사나이
낮에는 너만큼 따사로운 그런 사나이
티오제이 컷오프 전에 사는 사나이
밤이오면 심장이 터져버리는 사나이
난 그런 사나이
아름다워 사랑스러워
그래 너 hey 그래 바로 너 hey
아름다워 사랑스러워
그래 너 hey 그래바로 너 hey
지금 부터 갈 데까지 가볼까
오빤 카핏즈 스타일
My translation is sketchy, but this seems to say the "the goat will cross the road at 5 when the sun is the brightest".

It then goes on to say how John Coppidge will visit the Oracle in the Temple Of Jawnz. The Oracle wil give John a murdered out TOJ1 and explain to him how to find the the goat.

Not sure but I'm pretty my translation is spot on.

You can thank me later.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members