• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

NotClever

Reaction score
Still trying madly to procure funds (loan from my dad, selling jackets, etc) for the bball before the June 1st cutoff. Unfortunately, still in Europe until exactly then so I have no other way of earning income
frown.gif

Are you in a country where it's legal to... provide companionship services?

LTTP

Reaction score
Ha indeed I am not
frown.gif

good, that means you get to keep more of the money.

so now that I have a Dad Jacket
2122.png
, I want something a bit brighter more summery etc. Whiskey 4 zip moto? blue? green? sand?* I've toyed with the idea of a rider but I've come to the realization that I am a center zip person.
redface.gif

*is there an example of this anywhere? I dug around the gallery a bit and didn't see anything. edit: nm, I found an example. hmm...

Last edited:

johanm

Reaction score

Drew, thanks for your comments. Really, the only bummer I have about the whole thing was my email exchange about sizing. Without dragging things down with the minutiae of the conversation, I will just say that I had some consternation about the discrepancies between my body measurements and the measurements of the jacket I provided.
It felt very much like Charly did not have the time to actually deal with tweaking questions, he had to just keep things moving. It felt like he was dealing with a ton of orders and trying to do his best to stay above water but didn't actually have the time to engage in a careful exchange re: advice or suggestions. It was during the period of the "bottleneck."
I agonized about the specificity of MTM and was assured, several times, on this board, "Dude just provide Charly with the measurements and he will do the rest." I followed the measuring guide to a "T", providing body measurements, jacket measurements, and providing a pic of me wearing the jacket I measured.
I agree with Drew that most people would not take issue with the way my jacket fits. But most people dress like ****. And this is a forum for the very few that scrutinize every detail of how things fit. And that same scrutiny should be exercised by the people who make clothes that cater to this crowd. In this case, because of the volume of orders during the "bottleneck" (I suspect), I fell through the cracks a little bit.
Most of the TOJ jackets that have been produced have been ******* incredible. Some of them have been a little off. A few have been disasterous. I think I am somewhere in the "little off" category, which is still a good place to be, although it has dimmed the luster of TOJ for me.
That said, I still love Charly and Drew for doing what they do and and I still want something in red calf (BCDR??, QDR, Drew give me something wild, I will lay money down, just help me tweak the measurements, please) :slayer:
Edit: boozy spelling.

The people who mindlessly chant "TRUST CHARLY!!!11!" are really irritating. There are some measurements - shoulder width, sleeve length, and hem width in particular - that really depend on your unique body type and the fabric / cut of the jacket in question. Charly is not in a position to know what type of pre existing jacket you are measuring, or whether your arms curve a certain way, or whether you have sloping or straight shoulders, or if you have sharp or curved delts, or if your waist/hip ratio is X or Y. I wouldn't say that there are many TOJ jackets in the gallery that look bad, but there are tons with issues in one of these areas (the "little off" that you are talking about).

Anyone who is familiar with bespoke tailoring of shirts and suits knows that there are world famous tailors with decades of experience that **** this stuff up even with after in-person measuring and fittings. The solution is to use common sense and your past experience to inform and guide the fitter. Particularly when there's a bottleneck situation in which Charly doesn't have the time to engage in a 75 email dialogue about each jacket.

lesamourai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Drew, thanks for your comments. Really, the only bummer I have about the whole thing was my email exchange about sizing. Without dragging things down with the minutiae of the conversation, I will just say that I had some consternation about the discrepancies between my body measurements and the measurements of the jacket I provided.
It felt very much like Charly did not have the time to actually deal with tweaking questions, he had to just keep things moving. It felt like he was dealing with a ton of orders and trying to do his best to stay above water but didn't actually have the time to engage in a careful exchange re: advice or suggestions. It was during the period of the "bottleneck."
I agonized about the specificity of MTM and was assured, several times, on this board, "Dude just provide Charly with the measurements and he will do the rest." I followed the measuring guide to a "T", providing body measurements, jacket measurements, and providing a pic of me wearing the jacket I measured.
I agree with Drew that most people would not take issue with the way my jacket fits. But most people dress like ****. And this is a forum for the very few that scrutinize every detail of how things fit. And that same scrutiny should be exercised by the people who make clothes that cater to this crowd. In this case, because of the volume of orders during the "bottleneck" (I suspect), I fell through the cracks a little bit.
Most of the TOJ jackets that have been produced have been ******* incredible. Some of them have been a little off. A few have been disasterous. I think I am somewhere in the "little off" category, which is still a good place to be, although it has dimmed the luster of TOJ for me.
That said, I still love Charly and Drew for doing what they do and and I still want something in red calf (BCDR??, QDR, Drew give me something wild, I will lay money down, just help me tweak the measurements, please) :slayer:
Edit: boozy spelling.

The people who mindlessly chant "TRUST CHARLY!!!11!" are really irritating. There are some measurements - shoulder width, sleeve length, and hem width in particular - that really depend on your unique body type and the fabric / cut of the jacket in question. Charly is not in a position to know what type of pre existing jacket you are measuring, or whether your arms curve a certain way, or whether you have sloping or straight shoulders, or if you have sharp or curved delts, or if your waist/hip ratio is X or Y. I wouldn't say that there are many TOJ jackets in the gallery that look bad, but there are tons with issues in one of these areas (the "little off" that you are talking about).

Anyone who is familiar with bespoke tailoring of shirts and suits knows that there are world famous tailors with decades of experience that **** this stuff up even with after in-person measuring and fittings. The solution is to use common sense and your past experience to inform and guide the fitter. Particularly when there's a bottleneck situation in which Charly doesn't have the time to engage in a 75 email dialogue about each jacket.

75 seems ridiculous. I sent my body measurements to Charly, he sent me back a preliminary size chart, I compared that with the alterations I would want made to my stock 46 mdr, and they all matched up in terms of slimming down where I wanted to slim down.

johanm

Reaction score

75 seems ridiculous. I sent my body measurements to Charly, he sent me back a preliminary size chart, I compared that with the alterations I would want made to my stock 46 mdr, and they all matched up in terms of slimming down where I wanted to slim down.

Yes I was exaggerating, my point was that Charly is not like Mariano Rubinacci or Mina Adamo who will put you up in their villa and take you on a tour of the town's finest cafes and trattorias while contemplating quarter inches on your jacket measurements.

fungz0r

Reaction score

Yes I was exaggerating, my point was that Charly is not like Mariano Rubinacci or Mina Adamo who will put you up in their villa and take you on a tour of the town's finest cafes and trattorias while contemplating quarter inches on your jacket measurements.

But he will go out for beers and burgers

LTTP

Reaction score
maybe i'm a special flower but I just got a stock 48 and it fits perfectly, maaaaybe a 1/2" long in the sleeve. Just picked the size that corresponded with my shoulders and double checked the chest width and sleeve length. I try not to sweat half inches on casual jackets, better for my grey hairs.

Last edited:

jabberwock1977

Reaction score
TOJ-Suede-A-1-Blouson2.jpg
]

This won't go with dark(ish) blue denim right? Love the colour but I don't think it'll go with my usual jeans. Or could I make it work? Assuming the list of suede colours available on the T1/T2 are also available for the A1 - are there any images available of the other colours? I'm particularly interested in muted sky blue or dark red.

Also I'd be interested to know anyone's thoughts on what colour suede A2 would go best with darkish (e.g. rarely washed, but quite worn blue) jeans. I'm not totally sold on green although I think the recently posted green A2 is lovely, just not for me. Also, I'm not after brown or black as I already have both other bombers in that.

Quite difficult to decide without pics of all the colours.

smashwindow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tan same colour as bbal
TOJ-Suede-A-1-Blouson2.jpg
]
This won't go with dark(ish) blue denim right? Love the colour but I don't think it'll go with my usual jeans. Or could I make it work? Assuming the list of suede colours available on the T1/T2 are also available for the A1 - are there any images available of the other colours? I'm particularly interested in muted sky blue or dark red.
Also I'd be interested to know anyone's thoughts on what colour suede A2 would go best with darkish (e.g. rarely washed, but quite worn blue) jeans. I'm not totally sold on green although I think the recently posted green A2 is lovely, just not for me. Also, I'm not after brown or black as I already have both other bombers in that.
Quite difficult to decide without pics of all the colours.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads