• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

TOJ-Suede-A-1-Blouson2.jpg
]
This won't go with dark(ish) blue denim right? Love the colour but I don't think it'll go with my usual jeans. Or could I make it work? Assuming the list of suede colours available on the T1/T2 are also available for the A1 - are there any images available of the other colours? I'm particularly interested in muted sky blue or dark red.
Also I'd be interested to know anyone's thoughts on what colour suede A2 would go best with darkish (e.g. rarely washed, but quite worn blue) jeans. I'm not totally sold on green although I think the recently posted green A2 is lovely, just not for me. Also, I'm not after brown or black as I already have both other bombers in that.
Quite difficult to decide without pics of all the colours.

I think brown suede would look great, honestly. Beyond that most anything should go, even this blue. Take a look at the different colors of the SNS Herning Stark. Then imagine those colors on the TOJ A-1.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
A burgundy color would also look killer. So many great options, man :)

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Alright, so back to me me me, some ideas that are looking good for the future;

Still seeking out top producers of certain items, might have some small in-stock goods (no leathers or outers, probably just some very limited production things like shirts, I'm not sure yet what they could be) to sell during the hiatus still.

There is a strong possibility I will open a TOJ showroom in Tokyo at some point, hopefully to coincide with the release of production items. It will be small and not a huge 'flagship' space, but it would have a number of samples in-store and people passing through or in the neighborhood can come up to the store and check out the goods, I'll pour you a whisky. I'll try to get a couch or some furniture done up in TOJ leather and I might do a parquetry floor on my own, stuff like that. I plan on having more Japanese clientele once the switch to full-production items goes over and I can showcase my brand to some local people I know, so having a store will be of benefit. Either in my own neighborhood or maybe up in Harajuku around other fashion stores. Over the years we got a lot of people asking if there was a TOJ store, and we always had to say nothing like that existed - well, Tokyo real estate is a lot more flexible than Seoul real estate for things like this, so the possibility and motivation to have a showroom is there now.

Nereis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Alright, so back to me me me, some ideas that are looking good for the future;
Still seeking out top producers of certain items, might have some small in-stock goods (no leathers or outers, probably just some very limited production things like shirts, I'm not sure yet what they could be) to sell during the hiatus still.
There is a strong possibility I will open a TOJ showroom in Tokyo at some point, hopefully to coincide with the release of production items. It will be small and not a huge 'flagship' space, but it would have a number of samples in-store and people passing through or in the neighborhood can come up to the store and check out the goods, I'll pour you a whisky. I'll try to get a couch or some furniture done up in TOJ leather and I might do a parquetry floor on my own, stuff like that. I plan on having more Japanese clientele once the switch to full-production items goes over and I can showcase my brand to some local people I know, so having a store will be of benefit. Either in my own neighborhood or maybe up in Harajuku around other fashion stores. Over the years we got a lot of people asking if there was a TOJ store, and we always had to say nothing like that existed - well, Tokyo real estate is a lot more flexible than Seoul real estate for things like this, so the possibility and motivation to have a showroom is there now.

Get a place next door to snoopyland. ;)

skitlets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any plans to continue women's clothing when you reboot? GF wants a varsity but with a lining instead of a reversible layer. (I'm trying to convince her to get the GF DR instead)

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Any plans to continue women's clothing when you reboot? GF wants a varsity but with a lining instead of a reversible layer. (I'm trying to convince her to get the GF DR instead)

definitely will offer (and expand) women's offerings, at least leather jackets on the racks with the men's leathers. I am not sure about the rest, but maybe... I was looking at the classic Balenciaga women's DR yesterday, that thing just didn't really speak of any quality. I hope that local Japanese women and visitors can come down and check out the TOJ leathers and really appreciate the quality. The jackets will continue to sell themselves.

sartbaeklv

Reaction score
Just sent an email... crossing my fingers and hoping it isn't too late to place an order.
For anyone curious, I'm seeing if I can commission an Italian bottle green calfskin in
a 4ZMDR :slayer:
First TOJ...

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
not too late, and really nice choice.... go with silver zips....

LTTP

Reaction score

TOJ leathers and really appreciate the quality. The jackets will continue to sell themselves.

More than anything, the interior finish, the hidden stuff, impressed me the most. The location (a lot of makers mess this up tbh) and leather trimming on the interior pocket, as well as the tidy tucking of the leather along the edges. Its stuff like that which tells me the person making/designing cares about more than the superficialities.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

More than anything, the interior finish, the hidden stuff, impressed me the most. The location (a lot of makers mess this up tbh) and leather trimming on the interior pocket, as well as the tidy tucking of the leather along the edges. Its stuff like that which tells me the person making/designing cares about more than the superficialities.

the guy who makes Bombers and CWU's = straight beast. I worry he has military-induced PTSD, because he's always worn a Bomber of his own design and saran wraps the leather jacket panels as he sews them for cleanliness. Guy doesn't talk too much either, just makes these insane jackets and follows my directive on flight jackets. From what I gather he is ex-Marines and has been making leathers since then.

LTTP

Reaction score
that's interesting to know, and it shows in the work. it's very 'true' to the source (him) but with a definite contemporary aesthetic riding on top of it (you).

the goat is starting to break in a bit, was pretty stiff for a few days. hopefully toj2 or whatever you call it keeps this thing around in some form. it's quite nice.

johanm

Reaction score

that's interesting to know, and it shows in the work. it's very 'true' to the source (him) but with a definite contemporary aesthetic riding on top of it (you).

the goat is starting to break in a bit, was pretty stiff for a few days. hopefully toj2 or whatever you call it keeps this thing around in some form. it's quite nice.

Is your jacket brown goat with black ribbing/suede?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads