• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TM Lewin Sale (5 shirts/$93 shipped)

thewallychamp

Reaction score
this is a sweeet deal.

tm lewin always seems to have this similar type of deal going on as well. i only care for a few of the shirts but for the price you cant really pass it up.

i didnt experience much shrinkage with what i've bought before.

it was somehow cheaper to get it shipped to NY then it was to Dublin where I am now (and then you get VAT deduction as well!)

i got one of their linen shirts as well... anyone have experience with their linen before?

Rosencrantz1

Reaction score
I did my first wash of two of my Lewin shirts yesterday - cold wash, hang dry, iron - and I just tried one on. It doesn't seem to have shrunk in any significant way.

It remains an excellent OTR fit for me (15.5/34.5 slim fit)

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rosencrantz1
I did my first wash of two of my Lewin shirts yesterday - cold wash, hang dry, iron - and I just tried one on. It doesn't seem to have shrunk in any significant way. It remains an excellent OTR fit for me (15.5/34.5 slim fit)
+1. If you wash with cold water, and hand dry, there shouldn't be the kind of shrinkage anyone here is experiencing. Whilst, yes some weaves (pinpoint especially) tend to shrink a bit more than say poplin, utilizing cold water / hang dry the difference should be minutely negligible that not even the most detail-oriented members would notice (least they actually measured the difference with a micrometer). On a side note: for people who own St. James collared shirts, what knot do you utilize?

gregor

Reaction score
Just picked up 5 shirts.
size 15.5/33
Red Black Stripe (Limited Edition) John Francomb Sienna Fitted Double Cuff Shirt - 34803 Size:15.5 Sleeve:33 \t Gift box \t Quantity \t \t£35.00 \t£30.80
Purple Giant Dogtooth Luxury Jacquard John Francomb Milan Slim Fit Shirt - 34796 \tPurple Giant Dogtooth Luxury Jacquard John Francomb Milan Slim Fit Shirt - 34796 Size:15.5 Sleeve:33 \tGift box \tQuantity \t\t£42.50 \t£22.00
Purple Grey Block Stripe John Francomb Roma Fitted Button Cuff Shirt - 34808 \tPurple Grey Block Stripe John Francomb Roma Fitted Button Cuff Shirt - 34808 Size:15.5 Sleeve:33 \tGift box \tQuantity \t\t£42.50 \t£22.00
Navy White Fine Stripe White Collar John Francomb Milan Slim Fit Shirt - 34400 \tNavy White Fine Stripe White Collar John Francomb Milan Slim Fit Shirt - 34400 Size:15.5 Sleeve:33 \tGift box \tQuantity \t\t£42.50 \t£22.00
Purple Aqua Blossom Print John Francomb Milan Slim Fit Shirt - 34403 \tPurple Aqua Blossom Print John Francomb Milan Slim Fit Shirt - 34403 Size:15.5 Sleeve:33

Rosencrantz1

Reaction score
On a side note: for people who own St. James collared shirts, what knot do you utilize?
I believe the two Windsor shirts I bought have the same spread collar as the St. James. I have not yet worn a tie with them, but I'm interested in trying a FIH or Double FIH. I used to be a pretty committed half-windsor type, but I'm liking the look of that spread collar with a smaller knot.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I believe the two Windsor shirts I bought have the same spread collar as the St. James. I have not yet worn a tie with them, but I'm interested in trying a FIH or Double FIH. I used to be a pretty committed half-windsor type, but I'm liking the look of that spread collar with a smaller knot.

The St. James is wider and angles back more than the Windsor collar. The only knot that has worked to fully fill the space in the St. James is a double full windsor knot, however it looked massive.

Rosencrantz1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
The St. James is wider and angles back more than the Windsor collar. The only knot that has worked to fully fill the space in the St. James is a double full windsor knot, however it looked massive.

Have you tried putting in a smaller knot, just to see how it looks?

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Have you tried putting in a smaller knot, just to see how it looks?
Of course I tried a smaller knot... but the opening wasn't properly covered and the visible tie material between the ends of the knot and the beginning of the collar was unsightly. The guys on the video seem like real douche-bags and the editing looks like it was done by a marsupialed monkey on PCP. As well, a FIH knot is a total fail for a very wide spread collar, he needs to use a half or double windsor, or maybe a pratt.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Of course I tried a smaller knot... but the opening wasn't properly covered and the visible tie material between the ends of the knot and the beginning of the collar was unsightly.

The guys on the video seem like real douche-bags and the editing looks like it was done by a marsupialed monkey on PCP. As well, a FIH knot is a total fail for a very wide spread collar, he needs to use a half or double windsor, or maybe a pratt.

I wear a half windsor with my St James shirts; I think it looks great even if it doesn't completely cover the opening.

I find huge knots to be rather ugly no matter the collar.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whiteslashasian
I wear a half windsor with my St James shirts; I think it looks great even if it doesn't completely cover the opening.

I find huge knots to be rather ugly no matter the collar.

I'm going to wear my insanely thick Zegna tie (I have many, but none are as thick as this one) tomorrow with a pick gingham check St. James collar, hopefully a half-windsor will do the trick.

JR_Rider

Reaction score
Of course I tried a smaller knot... but the opening wasn't properly covered and the visible tie material between the ends of the knot and the beginning of the collar was unsightly.

The guys on the video seem like real douche-bags and the editing looks like it was done by a marsupialed monkey on PCP. As well, a FIH knot is a total fail for a very wide spread collar, he needs to use a half or double windsor, or maybe a pratt.

I recently ordered some St. James shirts as part of this terrific deal but haven't received them yet. I do however already own a few "keaton spread" collar shirts. I usually tie the "Shelby knot" and am quite pleased with it. I would recommend you trying that knot as it looks rather sharp. The windsor used to be my favorite knot but I rarely tie it anymore.

hootjr

Reaction score
for someone who has ordered these, how long did it take for your shirts to arrive? I'm heading away soon and I'm concerned they won't get here in time.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads