• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things you just can't understand...

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In (standard) tango class, why the woman who apparently has no rhythm and cannot figure out the most basic steps is asking the instructor if he'll be teaching us a more advanced (Argentine) step.

Hello!? You can't do the two steps we've learned so far. And you want to learn the much harder, much more complex steps of another style? You're an idiot.

b

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
europeans and their weird jeans.

why said europeans love macy's on 34th so much.

obamamania

there will be blood outside of ddl's performance

gas prices

ethiopian food

band of outsiders

boat shoes resurgence

X-It

Reaction score
Coho.

You can take a nap on Sabbath, my child... my child, my precious child!
lol8[1].gif

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808
In (standard) tango class, why the woman who apparently has no rhythm and cannot figure out the most basic steps is asking the instructor if he'll be teaching us a more advanced (Argentine) step.

Hello!? You can't do the two steps we've learned so far. And you want to learn the much harder, much more complex steps of another style? You're an idiot.

b

At least you have Tango classes in your area; the closets' Tango class I could find is in Miami, which is far too far away. I could take a crash course in Bs As, but its not the same.

Jon.

Quirk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
At least you have Tango classes in your area; the closets' Tango class I could find is in Miami, which is far too far away. I could take a crash course in Bs As, but its not the same. Jon.
Miami beats Buenos Aires for tango classes?

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
At least you have Tango classes in your area; the closets' Tango class I could find is in Miami, which is far too far away. I could take a crash course in Bs As, but its not the same.

Jon.

Yeah, I guess I don't see the disadvantage of learning tango in BA. Different style than the American standard, but it's the amazing sensual, close, walking version. The ladies love it.

b

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
In Milan I saw an old man carrying a very worn Hermes shopping bag, so worn, in fact, that he had used duct tape to repair the sides where it had worn through.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
That's so annoying. I once saw a woman at one of the 5th Ave. Sephora stores putting her cosmetics into a Bergdorf bag. Get a life lady.

We do that all the time when we're out shopping. Don't waste another bag on me--just put all that in this other bag where it will also fit. One bag is preferrable to two.

b

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
In Milan I saw an old man carrying a very worn Hermes shopping bag, so worn, in fact, that he had used duct tape to repair the sides where it had worn through.
On eBay, you can even sell excellent examples of designer shopping bags. It's slightly ironic given that these bags are actually made in China.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman

I didn't used to understand your love of cats, but now I know.
devil.gif

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why everything needs to be *sexy*.

12 years old... get that girl into something sexy!

65 years old... get granny into her sexy pants!

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
I once saw a girl using a well-worn Emporio Armani shopping bag.

Yesterday I used a very beat up YY shopping bag and was seen in public with it, but i have an excuse as i needed to take a pair of boots and another pair of shoes to the cobbler for repair and that was the only disposable bag that was convenient enough to carry both.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads