• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
evite. What a sad, sorry *************. A fantastic idea that should have been, could have been great, but is just so kloogey and dumb and doesn't work well that people have totally given up on it. And nothing has risen in its place that works even remotely well, either.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score

please to have a desk or door plaque with the name danny devito installed while she is away. post results upon her return.

thing is, I've done this to others (nothing as bad as calling a woman Danny Devito, but still I've done it), and so I'd be culprit #1.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Waking up at 3:30 am to catch a flight :fu:

kill someone. now.

thing is, I've done this to others (nothing as bad as calling a woman Danny Devito, but still I've done it), and so I'd be culprit #1.

anonymously hire someone else to do it. plausible deniability.

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suffering from what could be the beginnings of the second cold this year.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

evite. What a sad, sorry *************. A fantastic idea that should have been, could have been great, but is just so kloogey and dumb and doesn't work well that people have totally given up on it. And nothing has risen in its place that works even remotely well, either.

I've found it to work ok. It is able to function without people having to create an account (it sends them a custom email, so if they use the link, you know who is RSVPing) and it works in a nice one-off manner.

As to things replacing it...I have lots of people who use facebook events. Start an event, invite people, they can respond (although I don't think it has an option for listing number of guests)...and then other guests can see all of the yes/no/maybe responses. Only problem is that there is no capacity for guests that aren't on facebook or you aren't friends with.

For a little more open ended things, Doodle is pretty cool:
http://doodle.com/ghyyhncwc4f9ff84
you can set up a couple dates/times, get your people to fill it out, and then pick the time that works for the most people (you can also play with the options to add things like a "yes/no/maybe" option).
Like evite, you can send this to anyone you have an email for (or you can distribute the link)

Last edited:

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Strangey popular in Korea. It's also more upscale than in the us but then so are a lot of western chains like Pizza Hut. Pizza Hut in Korea is almost luxury

^its true. Even fast food places like KFC can be really nice in asia. A lot of FOB asians end up getting disappointed when they try KFC here in the US. :laugh: the thought of FOB asians reminiscing of their superior asian KFC.

I remember in Thailand/Manila/Singapore KFC doesn't have extra crispy, but they have "spicy extra crispy" which was so hot (i think they injected a cayenne pepper infusion into the meat) that I would often just give up on the 2nd piece.

i remember watching Demolition man in the US then seeing it again later in the year in Singapore and freaking out (i was like 13y/o and stupid) that they changed Taco Bell to Pizza Hut and how nobody believed me that they changed it.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Taco Bell is the worst. All this talk of fast food is making me hungry for some Popeyes though. Brb

Last edited:

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jensen Bøfhus don't get me started and don't google them, that **** is disgusting and only people with small children and idiots eat there.

The best part, is the reasoning behind it, it's cheap, which it isn't they charge 200kr for a main, which you can get better AND cheaper else where.

Walk down to bryggen, better food and better looking people, kulturhuset on the waterfront should have good food, from what I've heard.

I have weird rule about not eating food from a country not made by someone from said country, which means I pretty much stick to sandwiches at this point chicken, bacon with pesto :slayer:

So you only let English people make your food.

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There's this protocol called Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP). You should try it. I've also heard that the kids these days are using something called MyFace or FaceTube or sumsuch.

ImTheGroom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

punchbowl.com is pretty good; so is paperless post, but it isn't free.

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trip to NYC in early December is off. My wife added a day to her request that was put in months ago, at which time her boss told her that he was already going to be out that weekend so it was a no go. Why she wasn't told as soon as he knew he was taking the weekend, I don't know. Luckily everything we've booked is refundable, but this is the third year this trip hasn't happened (she changed jobs so it is not the same boss).

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have been ill as of late, but on Monday I started feeling better. This made me believe that the worst was behind me. But today I feel as if my lungs are becoming dislodged from my thorax (coughing).

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Trip to NYC in early December is off. My wife added a day to her request that was put in months ago, at which time her boss told her that he was already going to be out that weekend so it was a no go. Why she wasn't told as soon as he knew he was taking the weekend, I don't know. Luckily everything we've booked is refundable, but this is the third year this trip hasn't happened (she changed jobs so it is not the same boss).

sorry, man. that sucks. :(

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

"Italian Pizza" that's always run by a Syrian guy

This made me laugh. When I lived in Stuttgart, all the "Italian" pizza places were run by Turks. I just figured '*******...it's something different.'

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads