• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice. When it comes to ethnic food, I'm a fan of seeking the places where the regulars are actually of that ethnicity.

Do you have any suggestions for authentic Chinese food? Especially Szechuan style.

I've really never had very good Chinese food in Dallas. However, there are some really good Vietnamese places. The best is Mai's on Bryan Street.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've really never had very good Chinese food in Dallas. However, there are some really good Vietnamese places. The best is Mai's on Bryan Street.

BTW, the best Indian food is Kebab n Kurry in Richardson, and the best middle eastern food is Sahara on Alpha and Montfort. And on the opposite corner from Montfort, almost completely hidden there's Gino's, which has really good and really authentic cheesesteaks and italian beef sandwiches. And Jersey Joe's in Addison makes the best deli sandwiches. Also, if you haven't gone to Eatzi's on Oak Lawn and Lemmon, you really should. Awesome sandwiches and the best salads you will find. There's a lot of good food in this city, you owe it to yourself to try it out while you're in town.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

BTW, the best Indian food is Kebab n Kurry in Richardson, and the best middle eastern food is Sahara on Alpha and Montfort. And on the opposite corner from Montfort, almost completely hidden there's Gino's, which has really good and really authentic cheesesteaks and italian beef sandwiches. And Jersey Joe's in Addison makes the best deli sandwiches. Also, if you haven't gone to Eatzi's on Oak Lawn and Lemmon, you really should. Awesome sandwiches and the best salads you will find. There's a lot of good food in this city, you owe it to yourself to try it out while you're in town.

Very nice. There's a Vietnamese restaurant on Bryan street I go to frequently, aptly named Vietnam Restaurant :laugh:, that's very good, but I'm definitely going to check out Mai's. Bangkok City on Bryan Street is also pretty delicious.

Gino's sounds fantastic -- I haven't had a good sandwich in Dallas and I've asked my cab driver for some recs, but he's just an old dude who thinks Whataburger is the best place for burgers, for example. I've hit up in-n-out way too many times to count, so I guess I can't judge, but still.

Def. have seen Eatzi's but haven't felt compelled to go. Have you been to Central Market? They stock my favorite beer in the world and the homemade salsa they have there is pretty darn good, although it's a bit too watery for my tastes. The women there are SMOKIN hot too.

Last edited:

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i am sorry, but this might be the biggest asshole of a post i have ever seen here. i can only assume you refer to the canuker family. who are both very kind posters and all around nice people as far as anyone can tell. and for you to go and make assumptions about their relationship is downright disgusting. who the **** are you to judge their marriage or anything about them. maybe they are not near each other when they post, and maybe they are and its an activity they enjoy together, no different than many other things couples may do together and enjoy.

and on top of that to go ahead and point out your suppositions here publicly, as if you have some need to call out a couple and disparage them, is as well, disgusting. what is your problem.

and no, you can not just go ahead and make a ****-head comment and say if you dont like this dont respond. it doesnt work like that. when you act like an ass, people get to call you out.

This was all foretold when Why bashed the Dark Knight Rises. :embar::embar::embar:

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This was all foretold when Why bashed the Dark Knight Rises. :embar::embar::embar:

You're kidding right? Was the pinnacle of his posting career. DKR blew chunks so hard I had to wipe half digested corn pieces off my shirt on the way out of the theatre.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Wow what a rant. Given the personal information you have shared on the internet I'm really quite stunned that you would have the audacity to call us creepy, that said I'm going to tell you the same thing I would tell someone who doesn't like me or my life in the real world

If you don't like like what you see go somewhere else, nobody is making you stay!

If seeing us post bothers your tender sensibilities oh so much why don't YOU put us on ignore because quite frankly I couldn't give two ***** about you or your opinions and I'm not going anywhere.

you mean, like not taking a shower everyday?

Lady Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

BubblyMasquerade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the tips guys. I googled my longtime podiatrist to get his number and was bummed to find that he passed away 18 months ago. He was 56 and very fit and athletic, so this was a real shock. I think it was cancer, based on the obituary request for donations to the American Cancer Society. His wife is also a cancer survivor - she has the same oncologist as Mrs Atlas. :(

do you live in san francisco?

if so we probably have the same podiatrist.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

i am guilty of this all the time :laugh: mainly because i'm easily distracted/go off on tangents and i end up trying to say more than one thing all at once. the folks that work for me tell the new people "go ahead and interrupt to ask him what the hell he's talking about if you need to. he expects it."

It's so annoying, sometimes I let her go on just to see peoples facial expression.

I was going to lunch with her a while back, on the way there, we pass a shop where she has seen a shirt or something, we go in and she can't find it, so she asks an employee and at no point in time did she say what it was, but she did tell design details and color. The facial expression on the employees faces were priceless after a minute or so of her confusing them I added it was a shirt and you could literally see the lightbulb in their heads and they finally figured out what she was talking about. :laugh:

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I don't deserve a lady of her qualities.

It was lost in translation ...

I meant homely in terms of of simple or unpretentious nature,the type of people i really being with for a meal..

Actually Lady Canuker is not bad at all..:nodding:

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads