• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just for you doctor lawrence.

i went to the atm after work today to deposit a few checks. put my card in the atm, entered my pin, and the machine said it was unavailable for check deposits. so i jumped back in the car to go to another atm about 7 minutes away. turn on the radio and kinda zone out. when i am about a block away from the second place, i check my wallet and see that my card and checks are not in it. great, i left them in the other atm. at this point i begin cursing and yelling until i am horse, and pull a u turn to go back to the first atm, even though i know its too late to get anything back. more screaming and cursing ensues.

then i tap my shirt pocket and realize i put my card and the checks in there after i left atm #1. :facepalm: :cloud: :facepalm:

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

yeah. the guy had skills...he just drove it right up and into the restaurant. not to mention the first valet i've met that could immediately drive the DCT without having to figure it out

God the weather's been for **** tonight. I got caught in it myself. Its like a monsoon here. What steakhouse was it?

Chima on Las Olas

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I get to home depot to pick up my air conditioner...and they have an LG one sitting there but the one I bought was a GE. They were both "6000 BTU" models but the GE was actually 6400 BTU and had some better timer controls so while they were the same price, the GE was probably better. Also it was the model the website claimed was in stock and the one I ordered.

Turns out they don't even scan the items or anything and I was about to walk out with an AC that I hadn't technically purchased (and thus wouldn't be able to return or have repaired if something went wrong.). So we went around and looked for a GE in the store and couldn't find it. Then I had to "return" the non-existant AC and buy the other model...

at least I got her to give me a 10% discount :)

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
why does that piss you off? sounds like a good deal to me. :D

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Im supposed to meet up with an SF'er tonight and the fool is still in a meeting. In the meantime, I'm chilling at the bar eating all sorts of ****, drinking err thang, waiting for the guy

Edit- $49.67 HH for just me :crazy:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Im supposed to meet up with an SF'er tonight and the fool is still in a meeting. In the meantime, I'm chilling at the bar eating all sorts of ****, drinking err thang, waiting for the guy
Edit- $49.67 HH for just me :crazy:

eat up bro, who you meetin?

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

why does that piss you off? sounds like a good deal to me. :D

I got 10% off but ended up with a unit that is like 7% less powerful and has less options. Also, if I hadn't said anything and there was something wrong with the AC, it would have looked like I was trying to rob them when I bring in an LG air conditioner and try to return it with a receipt that says I bought a GE branded unit.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
it is not possible for any cleaner on earth to do their job without 1 out if every four shirts losing their collar stays along the way. to their credit, my current cleaner does a good job, is reliable and timely, and doesn't mash any buttons. but I suppose it's too much to ask to also avoid the collar stay homicide.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

it is not possible for any cleaner on earth to do their job without 1 out if every four shirts losing their collar stays along the way. to their credit, my current cleaner does a good job, is reliable and timely, and doesn't mash any buttons. but I suppose it's too much to ask to also avoid the collar stay homicide.

Have you considered taking out the collar stays before giving them the shirts?

I have metal collar stays but I am considering buying a few made of horn or MOP, thoughts?

yjeezle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You could grow a pair and ask your friends where these add-ons intend to stay and what they intend to consume.

well i've already confronted my buddies about it... and i've already told them that i've already worked out logistics.
then it's "chill bro it'll be ok... you have a credit card right?"

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

just for you
doctor lawrence.
i went to the atm after work today to deposit a few checks. put my card in the atm, entered my pin, and the machine said it was unavailable for check deposits. so i jumped back in the car to go to another atm about 7 minutes away. turn on the radio and kinda zone out. when i am about a block away from the second place, i check my wallet and see that my card and checks are not in it. great, i left them in the other atm. at this point i begin cursing and yelling until i am horse, and pull a u turn to go back to the first atm, even though i know its too late to get anything back. more screaming and cursing ensues.
then i tap my shirt pocket and realize i put my card and the checks in there after i left atm #1. :facepalm: :cloud: :facepalm:

^damn sorry about that.

I took the subway today and noticed this chinese family that does a super "sneaky azn" thing:

there's two stops on the L train right before beford ave that are only two blocks away from each other. the family (around 5 all in all) has the mother and father ride the train then get off and then hands their kids (who have walked the two blocks to the next stop) their unlimited ride metrocards through the gates so they can reswipe and get in for free.

normally this is hard to catch (because its so insignificant a "crime" in the realm of things) but I guess the cops were there and snagged the mother and father. I was tempted to jump out the train and try to help (maybe just shame the cops into finding real criminals - i can assume hipsters/young NYC'ers would gladly jump aboard).... but I was in a hurry to meet up with my wife (she was driving around the UES waiting for me and a friend for dinner).

I could see the super shamed faces of the parents looking at their kids through the gates with cops accosting them... as the train pulled away :eek:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics