• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thick as Thieves ONLINE

erictheobscure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
^^ about 3 weeks

Also keep in mind the process we're dealing with here...basically I get measurements that may or may not be anywhere near accurate. I can't QC that aspect other than notice obvious deviations from the norm. But someone can also provide wildy inaccurate measurements that look completely normal. I think anyone who is expecting some kind of miraculous "perfect fit" (a term itself that varies depending on the person, my perfect fit wont be the same as someone else's) will inevitibly be disappointed, but for the majority I think we get pretty close.

fwiw, i think the best results are those who actually want my house design with very minimal, if any, changes to it.

Thanks for the response. I certainly didn't mean to imply that I thought the process was too slow--I'm just eager to see the product!

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
To weigh in a little, as someone whose first TaT suit had a slight issue with sleeve pitch: honestly, this is one of those things that I don't think Jason has any control over unless he has you there in person. I ordered a second suit from Jason just recently (it's still at the tailor's--pics as soon as it gets back), and the sleeve pitch problem was no issue at all. The issues people are pointing out are just the inevitable result of 1) self-measurement, and 2) MTM sight unseen.

Anyway, pics of my beautiful new one-button midnight navy suit as soon as the tailor finishes with it. I couldn't be happier with it.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
sleeve pitch is the angle the sleeve falls from the shoulder....usually it falls straight down but depending on the wearer it might need its angle tweeked

jkennett

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JimMcBean
Where is TaT based in China?

They're based (designed and made) in Los Angeles, California; though California may have seceded to China in the past week... I haven't followed the news very closely, so I wouldn't know.

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jkennett
They're based (designed and made) in Los Angeles, California; though California may have seceded to China in the past week... I haven't followed the news very closely, so I wouldn't know.
designed by Jason (in LA) fabric from around the UK construction of the actual suit in china

jkennett

Reaction score
Originally Posted by stickonatree
construction of the actual suit in china
Oh really?! That's news to me... for some reason I thought it was manufactured locally. It makes sense based upon the price-point, but I thought I had read in earlier posts from an Aussie customer that said it was made in the U.S.. I guess I was misinformed, or possibly misread something?

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
sleeve pitch is the angle the sleeve falls from the shoulder....usually it falls straight down but depending on the wearer it might need its angle tweeked
Assuming an in-person measuring, is that something that would/could be adjusted? I ask since I'm in Lompoc (lol) for the next few months, so a 2-3 hour drive would be worth the time, as looking at the new s/s fabrics (specifically salt & pepper), I really can't resist this much longer.

spoonman

Reaction score
Hey GS, in the showroom ivy sack pic on your website, what color/fabric is that blazer? I really dig the color.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by linsook
img0910copyon4.jpg

here you go, some things need altering, but on a first try it is quite good.

Great proportions for a more conservative/business cut. I am about to graduate and already have a full-time job secured. I have my eye on a navy TaT for my next suit.

Coho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You were mis-informed, not mis-read. They are made in China. I think the "los angeles" under the TaT tag on the suit misleads a lot of people.
Originally Posted by jkennett
Oh really?! That's news to me... for some reason I thought it was manufactured locally. It makes sense based upon the price-point, but I thought I had read in earlier posts from an Aussie customer that said it was made in the U.S.. I guess I was misinformed, or possibly misread something?

Coho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know which mills make the fabric for the uncharged and the premium? It'd be nice if GS is more open about these info to potential customers. I feel like I have to "dig" around for important info that should be available to everyone as a mark of good business. Some of these suits do look nice so I think GS is a good "designer." I am now wondering about his sartorial background/apprenticeship.
laugh.gif
The Los Angeles Savile Row so to speak.
Originally Posted by Coho
They are made in China. I think the "los angeles" under the TaT tag on the suit misleads a lot of people.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads