• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Them Vietnamese Sandwiches

Septavius

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Ba Le, right around 5000 N Broadway. $2.95, and also the best banh mi in the city. Also, Tank Noodle is right across the street, which is probably the best pho in the city. I haven't explored much pho in Chicago, but I know a few people who say Tank Noodle is def the best. OH and while you're there you can pop into La Patisserie P. Really great French/Vietnamese pastry shop.
Yeah Ba Le is great. I totally agree that bubble tea is disgusting. The wait sometimes gets kind of long at Tank Noodle, due to the abundance of customers. I tried one of the places a few shops down, and while completely empty, their pho was good too. There's another shop about a block or two down called Hai Yen. I like that place for other Vietnamese cuisines.

Salad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In SF there's a place called Cafe Dolci on Market at Grant. That's my favorite in SF. Run by a really nice couple. The place is super small, like a closet but they make a really good, made to order Bahn Mi. It's expensive compared to other places ($4.25, I think) but I can tell them to not toast the bread to long, go easy on the mayo or whatever that is, or any other tweak I'd like. I'm particular. Really nice couple run the joint and remember all the names of the regulars.
Damn, I want one now. Maybe tomorrow.

Mblova

Reaction score
Saw this thread. Happened to be in NYC today so I kopped some at Bahn Mi Saigon in little italy. 3.75 for a pork banh mi. It was delish. Much better than a Subway.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mblova
Saw this thread. Happened to be in NYC today so I kopped some at Bahn Mi Saigon in little italy. 3.75 for a pork banh mi. It was delish. Much better than a Subway.

this is where i go. ive done my research and been to a few other places, but tbh they all taste similar. for some reason i just like banh mi saigon. i kinda like having the jewlery store in front. always a buncha chinese ppl inside and sone old geezers sitting on stools'

@Matt. Are you vietnamese? for some reason i thought you were white, or just fluent from having lived there for so long?

anyways best pho i've ever had was here

http://stickyrice.typepad.com/my_web...you_queue.html

sometimes i still dream about it. i want to go back to vietnam just for that bowl of pho

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
@Matt. Are you vietnamese? for some reason i thought you were white, or just fluent from having lived there for so long?
I am a member of the Aryan master race
smile.gif
but I have been here seven years here now, so my tieng Viet is decent.

streetminimal

Reaction score
Just by curiosity, Matt, what do you do over there?

fashion_newbie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Bahn mi are 2.95 here. Soooooooo good.
In Chicago? Where? Edit: Never mind, just read the last page. Bit far from my old address but definitely some good spots around there.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by streetminimal
Just by curiosity, Matt, what do you do over there?

Hardcore partying. Keeping fools around the globe in check.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
Hardcore partying. Keeping fools around the globe in check.

ya, between that, the banh mi, and managing Kyle's lovelife I am pretty well occupied.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads