• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, you're a tall thin dude with a badass shearling. I gotta think you can do better than that. The tee just doesn't go with the weight of the coat and scarf.

(Sorry to be blunt, but you've had some decent fits IIRC and I think these are kind of lacking.)

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That Dries fit is actually the better of the three, and I like how it looks tucked. I do not see the 'wallpaper'.

I'd swap out the tee for a lighter color, more "earth tone".

Post a fit Caveat!

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Shearling fit could benefit from:
Scarf delete
Replace pants with beat up jeans
Replace shoes with brown boots or even white sneakers

Last edited:

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the critique, what do you think of the boots? Would something like Guidi look better?

Sorry for the late reply. Nope, the jodhpurs are looking excellent there. Just a critique of the top half.

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
fashunz mojo is weak with this so-cal(led) winter weather

Last edited:

The3rdConch0rd

Reaction score

You're gonna need Dries level styling to keep that shirt from looking like bad wallpaper, and the unbuttoned/tucked in combo is not one of his trademarks.

I really took my inspo from Fall 14 Prorsum, not Dries Maybe one day I'll achieve Dries level styling... Maybe

Also, you're a tall thin dude with a badass shearling. I gotta think you can do better than that. The tee just doesn't go with the weight of the coat and scarf.

(Sorry to be blunt, but you've had some decent fits IIRC and I think these are kind of lacking.)

Please be blunt. It's the only way I'll learn. I chose the tree because I thought it would balance out the heavy footwear. Again, I took my inspo from Prorsum Fall 14 on that one.

Suggestions/ideas are always welcome!

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah I think the shirt is ok too.. (Though I'm from the gaudy printed shirts crew)

If anyone here could rock that shirt, it would be you.

I really took my inspo from Fall 14 Prorsum, not Dries Maybe one day I'll achieve Dries level styling... Maybe
Please be blunt. It's the only way I'll learn. I chose the tree because I thought it would balance out the heavy footwear. Again, I took my inspo from Prorsum Fall 14 on that one.

Suggestions/ideas are always welcome!

It's interesting to hear your thought process and you should post the Prorsum shots to illustrate. I'm going to start a styling thread one of these days because I'd like to discuss things like balancing. It's something I hear a lot in this thread and I'm sure I use it intuitively. You mean that with heavy footwear as your base, you need to balance it with something light at the top? My reaction was that if you're in elements that require such a heavy coat and scarf, it looks silly to be wearing only a tee underneath, and the tee also looks too sloppy for the bottom half IMO.

Post a fit Caveat!

Funny you should ask because I just came home with a new camera so I'm going to start posting fits, hopefully tomorrow.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads