• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nakedundermyclothes

Reaction score

Happy Thanksgiving, guys.

everything looks too plain, neat, and drab. looks like something your mom laid out for you in the morning. throw some color in there or some unique pieces to mix things up.

get rid of that damn comb over. shave your head or at least get a diff haircut i know you're a lawyer but you don't need to look like you're 45

Last edited:

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

stupidest. fad. ever.

it's like hey, some people on the internet told me to grow facial hair, and I'm incapable of thinking for myself so I guess I'll do it

just kept thinking this mustached gentleman is hating on mustache fad haha

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
i'd wager he can grow quite the regal moustache and is disappointed by these uninspiring messes above the upper lip he keeps encountering

Last edited:

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
nakedundermyclothes is right about the SVB thing, the matchy shirt and pants is precious. I'd only recommend one strive to look like this if they planned to run for office one day and didn't want to have anything resembling a 'swag photo' to be unearthed on the campaign trail.

saelan

Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving, guys.

everything looks too plain, neat, and drab. looks like something your mom laid out for you in the morning. throw some color in there or some unique pieces to mix things up.

get rid of that damn comb over. shave your head or at least get a diff haircut i know you're a lawyer but you don't need to look like you're 45

tbh, I think that's one of SVB's better fits. sure, it's kinda square, but that's just his thing. we can't all be badasses. he has nice clothes and they fit him.

also, as a guy who's had a beard and/or moustache for an almost uninterrupted five or six years, I kind of resent how Movember assumes that a moustache is a joke or something to be endured like a hunger strike, but I do appreciate seeing more dudes on my level. and prostate cancer is for serious, so, you know - whatever gets people donating.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dtmt is mad he cant grow a mustache

Whenever he posts, I imagine he's Statler from the Muppet show.

look, you got donations because you went out and asked for them. and that's great, but let's be honest, you're a westerner in asia, and they couldn't turn down your request for donations any more than they could resist the novelty of patting a cute puppy on the head, which is about how they view you
the idea that some ****** facial hair had anything to do with it or was any sort of accomplishment is so ******* marsupialed it makes me want to go out and punch babies in the face

Last edited:

miran

Reaction score

I'd only recommend one strive to look like this if they planned to run for office one day and didn't want to have anything resembling a 'swag photo' to be unearthed on the campaign trail.

OK, this thought occurred to me also, but always I smile when I think it...and I don't think I'm alone. I lived in America during 2008 and no I couldn't vote, but to say that you have to be "straight arrow" and have nothing resembling swag to run for US office...I think you must either be old bordering senile, or clueless with your head in the sand (I'm not saying most of Middle America is not like this).

You must understand that this is the new face of someone who will go on to become President...no experience, no expertise, and no track record needed.

This one makes me start humming Mambo #5:

But even now I get goosebumps and I want to rise to my feet when I see this guy with his hand on the Abraham Lincoln Bible...

I like the lady wearing the Isabel Toledo outfit...

Anyways, back to perfect haircuts and no swag---

Larry Craig, he of the tapping the door on the bathroom stall fame...

the entire Palin family, members by blood and by "marriage"....

Mr John Edwards...

These are the people you have to thank for destroying the image of the upright American politician with the classic haircut and decent clothes....

I love American politics because there is a deep-rooted, self-correcting, nature-sanctioned honesty to it....you are way ahead of everybody else (and everybody else is light-years ahead of Bunga Bunga 120% of Italian debt on the Deutsche Bank credit card for child hookers Berlusconi fucknut)...

Last edited:

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here in Atlanta there's a huge mustache growing thing where you try to grow a ridiculous mustache and then when people talk about it you ask them to donate. They get in like 20k+ for this childhood cancer thing in the span of the month that they do it, and at the end they have a huge party (Stache Bash). Everyone here takes this **** so seriously, the whole point of the mustache thing is to do something good and have a whole lot of fun with it too.

nn I like what you do and wish you kept it

miran

Reaction score
From the WAYWT Archive, April 6 1979:

All items made in the USA (I think).

6 likes
One rude comment about Custis Mayfield wannabeism and how a half-white half-Kenyan guy can never truly represent blaxpoitation by Teger

Last edited:

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

look, you got donations because you went out and asked for them. and that's great, but let's be honest, you're a westerner in asia, and they couldn't turn down your request for donations any more than they could resist the novelty of patting a cute puppy on the head, which is about how they view you
the idea that some ****** facial hair had anything to do with it or was any sort of accomplishment is so ******* marsupialed it makes me want to go out and punch babies in the face

hahaha you're a dick

Islander

Reaction score

they're not raising money, they're raising "awareness", which in plain english is basically attention whoring with extra smug

It raises money for cancer research, $174 million in the last five years or so, and funds LIVESTRONG among other programs. Karma's a ***** dude, especially when you're punching babies on the side.
/psa

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wow, I guess I struck a nerve. I guess I should've known better to point out on a fashion form that real problems can't be solved through vanity

although it is sort of brilliant in a way. encouraging people to do such a disproportionately large amount of attention whoring in exchange for such an extremely tiny amount of actual effort is perhaps better than getting nothing from them at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads