• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
tumblr_lrrrfcaDIc1qcq3abo1_500.jpg
tumblr_lrrrdujcwh1qcq3abo1_500.jpg

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
great stuff last couple of pages.

like that shirt-around-the-waist-raf -swag, tween

ivwri, those pants are awesome. really want a pair with that floppy waist or w.e its called. (see my wtb ad :devil: )

MOK, where are you in your second fit? ...lol, mr layer cake--sup shah

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Double WAYWT today, fall is here in Japan (and looks like Korea too) back to black and gray!!

us4AU.jpg
pndmf.jpg

individual sentiments
some shirt
ann D pants
carpe boots

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Looks great, man!

Ivwri's pants is the best element in this thread in a long time, followed by NN's coat above and Synth's jacket's shoulders in his last fit (+ TOJ suede)

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

yah, I get it...you guys like generic.

lolwut, no, the last one just looked terrible, and a million times worse because of your constant haranguing about how jcrew and everyone else on this forum looks like ****. If you weren't so holier-than-thou, I guarantee that no one would give two ***** what you wear. No one cares about your style or how edgy you are, just that your last fit did not look good.

This looks like jeans, boots, tee and a leather, but interesting. I like it. Wear a draped cardigan underneath (one, and don't wrap it around yourself like you're a scooby-do mummy) if you like for more interest, or layered tees, or cropped pants, or skirted pants, or whatever. I think that's a good look for you.Not sold on the boot tuck, though. at least not in every single fit. I know how you feel about trying to make everything you wear as bizarre as possible, but there has to be an element of knowing what actually looks good on you - and this is far better than wrapping layers of jersey around your torso.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
right, cuz defending yourself means you think you're the ****. Maybe that fit wasn't that great. I know it wasn't. However, at least it wasn't the formulaic jeans/boots plus leather anyone can do. I just like wearing drapier stuff at times since structured looks get old for me.

I haven't mentioned jcrew in like my last 100000000 posts, but yah I was quite loud about it when I did....

lol, I boot tuck cuz they are meant to be with those types of shoes, it presses down on the leather making it drape more. However, those jeans dont really go well with those types of boots as much. Plus, much of you assume I just want to be a bizarre attention whore. I just think that if I am gonna spend the money i do I need to look as interesting as possible.

Last edited:

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Dude, I'm trying to be constructive; and as an aside, you literally were in some nuclear flame war with Teger like two days ago (yeah yeah, that's how much I'm on this forum) about his desert boots. You don't get it - no one is "attacking you." It's the internet. No one cares. If they don't like your clothes, who gives a flying ****? It's like you're caught in some paranoid fantasy.

Final thought: all this **** about the way things "are meant to look" has got to stop, from everyone. It's unhealthy. Also, I would have worn a white tee with that same neckline, just for bizarro-greaser appeal.

Last edited:

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
You don't look like you're laughing mate.

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Love this Ivwri! The Yohji trousers look great.

great stuff last couple of pages.

like that shirt-around-the-waist-raf -swag, tween

ivwri, those pants are awesome. really want a pair with that floppy waist or w.e its called. (see my wtb ad :devil: )

MOK, where are you in your second fit? ...lol, mr layer cake--sup shah

^Looks great, man!

Ivwri's pants is the best element in this thread in a long time, followed by NN's coat above and Synth's jacket's shoulders in his last fit (+ TOJ suede)

Thanks a lot guys. Really like these pants. Will be doing a proper WAYWT at some point this week I'm sure :). Off to France tomorrow :happy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads