• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOLA1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Swededude
got myself a present yesterday:

cimg3915n.jpg

Congratulations! Hands down the best color combo for the Aqua Terra (old style or new).

Also, I know this isn't the proper place for this but does anyone have a Rolex GMT Master 1675 or IWC 3531 Small Portuguese that they want to sell for a decent price?

audiophilia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One too many shots, I know, but I'm really enjoying this new watch. Keeps great time and is uber comfortable. Works with suits and jeans.

bigCW.jpg

Swededude

Reaction score
I took a group picture of my modest collection today, thought I might share:

028nos.jpg

Seiko of unknown model (SKX031K1, maybe?), Seamaster Professional, Raketa, Seamaster Aqua Terra

Napoleon

Reaction score

cimg3915n.jpg

Nice! This is a beauty.

Originally Posted by audiophilia
One too many shots, I know, but I'm really enjoying this new watch. Keeps great time and is uber comfortable. Works with suits and jeans.

bigCW.jpg

This somehow reminds me of my favorite watch among with PAM's.

27876d1241970316-longines-legend-diver-legend-diver-knoppi.jpg

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

cimg3915n.jpg

My favourite dial/hands combo with the Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I'm thinking of perhaps getting a Glashutte PML. Would anyone have a pic of this watch on a dark brown strap, rather than the standard black?

Thanks - ET

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jaypee
Does anyone know about Tiffany watches? In particular, this 37mm gents number

k1469_2.jpg

Not much to say. I believe it's just a re-packaged bone stock ETA.

Originally Posted by Napoleon
This somehow reminds me of my favorite watch among with PAM's.

27876d1241970316-longines-legend-diver-legend-diver-knoppi.jpg

It's a JLC Polaris knock-off.

GloryField

Reaction score
my only watch, the original owner bought it at the airport for 2 week temporary use when he was traveling and didn't want to bring his actual one. He gave it to me before he left. Can't complain about a free watch.

watchy.jpg

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan

You may be right, but they look alike in the sense that all watches look alike

JLC_Polaris_Launch_4.jpg

Mathew J

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan

I have a real hard time with this generalization...

If the Longines was something they had just cooked up out of the blue now then fine, however the fact is that both the Polaris and the Legend diver originated in the 60s and from what I have read both companies sourced the cases for these watches (the originals) from the same manufacturer, in fact there were many other companies using virtually the same design.

Both the Polaris and the Legend have a similar yet unique look, not to mention one has an alarm function and costs a ton more money (like 9k for the JLC vs 1,500 for the Longines)

In an ideal world I would love to own the IWC however the frugal side of me doesn't like the look that much and would opt for the savings in the Longines with the ultimate compromise being the IWC vintage collection AquaTimer.

As for Tiffany, my understanding is that now they are made by Swatch and personally I wouldn't care about them unless I was a serious brand whore and just had to have something with the name Tiffany on it, much the same way I feel about vulgari stuff.

NOLA1

Reaction score
Quick Question/Request: Would any watch afficianados in Europe be willing to purchase a Pepsi GMT Master II bezel insert for me from a Rolex AD? They won't sell them to us here in the US unless you want to have your current bezel insert replaced. I have a coke but want to switch to pepsi. Thanks in advance if you would be willing to help.
fistbump.gif

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mathew J
I have a real hard time with this generalization...

If the Longines was something they had just cooked up out of the blue now then fine, however the fact is that both the Polaris and the Legend diver originated in the 60s and from what I have read both companies sourced the cases for these watches (the originals) from the same manufacturer, in fact there were many other companies using virtually the same design.

You're right. I wrongly assumed the Longines was a knock-off. Your comments prompted me to do some casual research and I easily stumbled upon information about the vintage Longines Diver. I didn't know the Polaris was just one of many "super compressor" watches made by many different manufacturers in its day. Thanks for correcting me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads