1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

this is absolutely gorgeous

2. Advent

Advent Well-Known Member

No. Looks a bit like a derivation of this: http://www.linkreplica.com/patek-phi...onos-9439.html

Weird since all the other pictured watches appear genuine.

How do you know this Patek isn't real if you aren't an expert (your words, not mine)?

3. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Well-Known Member

Can any of you guys tell me if this is a mens or womens watch. Found it at the Salvation Army, bought it for 2.99. Thanks in advance guys.[​IMG] It works perfectly as far as I can tell, was it worth it ?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

edit: where the wrist band is held is 16-17mm, if that helps of course. Not sure exactly.

I am almost 100% sure it is a mens watch.

4. Bill Smith

Bill Smith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

The classic Rolex IMHO, want one just like it someday.

5. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Well-Known Member

seany, pretty clearly a man's watch, around 33-34mm (traditional mens size, the same as the beautiful rolex above). looks a good size on your wrist, wear it and enjoy it

6. zjpj83

zjpj83 Well-Known Member

How do you know this Patek isn't real if you aren't an expert (your words, not mine)?

I'm not a Cartier expert. I know Patek very well.

7. medtech_expat

medtech_expat Well-Known Member

Today... first day out in the wild with this one. Also first time uploading from iPhone so not sure how this will look.

[​IMG]

8. Cravate_Noire

Cravate_Noire Well-Known Member

Today... first day out in the wild with this one. Also first time uploading from iPhone so not sure how this will look.

[​IMG]

I see, German export is doing well!

9. Advent

Advent Well-Known Member

I'm not a Cartier expert. I know Patek very well.

You didn't answer my question.

10. Advent

Advent Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Is that Amsterdam in the distance?

11. zjpj83

zjpj83 Well-Known Member

You didn't answer my question.

There has simply never been a Patek that looks like that. It's not even a good fake. It's not as though it's very close to a real model but has sharp edges that should be rounded, or something. It simply does not resemble a real model in any way.

12. zjpj83

zjpj83 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

sick!

13. Singular

Singular Well-Known Member

PG, say hi to the siebling;

[​IMG]

/M

14. Mr.K

Mr.K Well-Known Member

PG, say hi to the siebling;

[​IMG]

/M

As usual another beautiful Rolex. I love your collection and diversity.

15. WhateverYouLike

WhateverYouLike Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Looked the company up on ebay, hit sort by lowest price, and [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. gomestar

gomestar Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

stunning watch. But next time don't take such a douchy picture of your idle Porsche.

17. Advent

Advent Well-Known Member

stunning watch. But next time don't take such a douchy picture of your idle Porsche.

do this don't do that can't you read the sign

18. Advent

Advent Well-Known Member

There has simply never been a Patek that looks like that. It's not even a good fake. It's not as though it's very close to a real model but has sharp edges that should be rounded, or something. It simply does not resemble a real model in any way.

Interesting. I wonder why they would make a replica of something that doesn't exist? Odd.
    I know very little about watches, which is why I only shop at reputable dealers.

19. Kuwait

Kuwait Member

20. potemkin_city_limits

potemkin_city_limits Well-Known Member

Haha, busted. I bet his other watches are all fake too. The funny part is this guy probably spent so much money on fake watches when he could have bought one really nice genuine watch and actually felt good while he was wearing it. Funny thing about replica watches is that no matter how much it may look just like the real thing, you will always know its a fake and it will never feel as good as wearing something genuine, even if its a much cheaper watch. A friend of mine gave me a fake Rolex a few years ago and I wore it out a few times and no matter how much it looked like a real Rolex I knew it was fake so I stopped wearing it and got a nice vintage Omega instead. At least if your going to wear a replica, get a model that doesnt cost 1/3 of your yearly salary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.