• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A great question re: $200K car versus $50K watch. I fear that I cannot relate much as I have not owned a car in 15 years... ever since I started living in big cities with decent public transportation networks (Philadelphia and New York).

My wallet is, however, very thankful that I haven't fallen under the spell of cars... Shiyeez.

Good points as always, Dino944, about "the right watches and cars."
When I lived in Boston and DC, I had no use for a car. Public transportation served me well, and left me with fund to buy other things such as watches and nice clothing. When I was away from cars for some time, I still enjoyed seeing rare or nice cars, but I didn't miss owning one.

Now, living outside the big cities I can say, its been a blast driving a fun car with Mrs. Dino, and a pack of car buddies and there wives on beautiful scenic roads, to a destination for lunch or dinner. Its also great to be able to do it wearing a great watch...so one can combine two hobbies.

rnguy001 - wow, this ad actually really did run for Aston Martin?

Reminds me of one of the ads from "Crazy People" (1990) starring Dudley Moore and Daryl Hannah:

I saw that AM add a while ago...what a great ad!!!

Frills, Crazy People is one of my wife's favorite movies.... I love the Jag ad in the movie. I also liked the Volvo ad: "Buy Volvos. They're boxy, but they're good." and the movie ad.."Paramount Pictures presents, The Freak. It won't just scare you, it will F@ck you up for life!"
Sorry about the crappy photo, but managed to get my hands on this for a while tonight:

I know it's hard to tell anything by the restaurant's bloody candlelight, but that's not steel ;-)
The lighting is bad, but I knew it was RG or WG. The bezel is a dead give away. The embossing is sportier/bolder and uses triangles to mark the numbers rather than dots and hatch marks as found on steel, two tone, or all yellow gold bracelet models.

Last edited:

Madmax812

Reaction score

[/IMG]

This funky cool vintage Seamaster chrono caught my eye in a shop today. The strap is crap and too small, but I like this retro 70s look if I could find a strap with a good matching style. Apologies for the poor photo quality.

Madmax812

Reaction score
I searched for info on the bracelet for this Omega Seamaster Chrono 176.007 and it seems like finding an original replacement might be a challenge.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Never mind. I think NATO might be calling?

The subdial layout is quite unusual I think. It's quirky and original and I like it. Did you bag it?

Last edited:

Madmax812

Reaction score
No, I left it behind to research it and the bracelet but I may go back for it later. Also checked another store in the same Mall that had a sweet JLC Master Control and IWC Portuguese, didn't get any pics though.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Were the Master Control and Port new or used? And I was initially thinking along the lines of Mimo, but I think I may have to agree with Apropos on this one. However, I do think that a funky Nato strap could be cool, a la the strap on the new Tudor Heritage Chrono. Variety is the spice of life.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
NATO? Negatory for that watch IMO.

That one would look fantastic on a perforated strap in black leather. Big holes ("racing style") might be better than small holes. Possibly contrast stitching too.

I respect your highly accomplished strap awesomeness, but I've never liked those perforated things. Contrast stitching would definitely be appropriate, though - maybe just a solid, untapered, padded black calf leather with some eye-melting stitches?

Were the Master Control and Port new or used? And I was initially thinking along the lines of Mimo, but I think I may have to agree with Apropos on this one. However, I do think that a funky Nato strap could be cool, a la the strap on the new Tudor Heritage Chrono. Variety is the spice of life.

Make your mind up, Nuke! Yeah, that's sort of the mental picture I had. Overall, it just strikes me as a rather unusual but also fun, not-to-be-taken-too-seriously kind of thing, and so a bit of colour or at least personality seems to be required to match it. Anyway, I like it - look forward to seeing Max's pictures on the strap he ends up with (assuming he goes back!).

Last edited:

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I could see it on something kind of 'humorous' like these from Gnomon (AWESOME Natos by the way):

Then again, during the summer I really like brightly colored Natos.

Something fun like this:

Which is, mind you, one of the coolest things I have seen in a while!

Last edited:

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
+1 on Gnomon, I have a few of their NATOs and have found them to be good quality.

For that particular Seamaster, I do like the idea of a perforated strap.

I have a black one that I wear on my Monaco from time to time. (It's usually on blue croc).

Never was a fan of the "large holes" style myself.

How about this one, via Pantime?

EDIT: sorry for the huge image.

And jeezus, what a bunch of enablers....Madmax hasn't even bought the watch yet!

Last edited:

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
Wearing this one again today, btw:

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Super cool Keith! I like it on mesh a bunch. And I like that strap suggestion.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like that a lot! Have a thing for El Primeros, though prefer them with two registers. This one is well up there on the "I want" list. Oops, I mean the "I need" list ...

Last edited:

rnguy001

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great watch. Personally I wish the dials were just a bit farther apart but still this zenith is aces.
Like that a lot! Have a thing for El Primeros, though prefer them with two registers. This one is well up there on the "I want" list. Oops, I mean the "I need" list ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads