• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Walking Dead (AMC)

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

What was with that lone zombie/person walking in the field that Shane saw?

Maybe some type of symbolism or something showing how Shane is now walking alone

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I honestly thought they were going to do something cheesy like make Shane get out of the car and shoot it (mirroring how Rick did something similar in the pilot).

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Wasn't he shooting at them during the bar scene?

Yep, but he wasn't exactly a threat when he fell on that fence. If it was me, I'd have told him to close his eyes, I'm going to remove him from the fence, then popped him in the head putting him out of his misery. But....I do see where Rick is coming from not wanting to just off him. I wouldn't imagine it's that easy to just kill someone who is unarmed and no threat to you. Maybe I wouldn't do it after all....dunno.

TheDarkKnight

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yep, but he wasn't exactly a threat when he fell on that fence. If it was me, I'd have told him to close his eyes, I'm going to remove him from the fence, then popped him in the head putting him out of his misery. But....I do see where Rick is coming from not wanting to just off him. I wouldn't imagine it's that easy to just kill someone who is unarmed and no threat to you. Maybe I wouldn't do it after all....dunno.

I think the right course of action lies between Rick and Shane's approach, after all they are written as increasingly opposing forces.

Take the search for Sophia, Rick should have used police training and triage to talk to the whole group after a couple of days about the chances of survival of a victim in normal circumstances etc and took things to committee. Sure he was feeling very guilty about leaving her, but that was the right thing to do at the time too or she'd have died then.

They need to sit down and work out a code of conduct, war rules and law if you will, because it's a very extreme situation. Each of them acting differently is putting them all in danger.

Rick is far too compassionate and unrealistically so, Shane is not enough and borders on the lawless gang they encountered in the bar.

Shooting the lad would have been the right thing to do, he was effectively an enemy and while you'd take a POW and be decent to them, you wouldn't go to the extreme of being surrounded by Walkers and almost all dying, then taking him to an already very stressed outpost.

^ My only concern with shooting the young guy would be repercussions from the lawless gang versus having someone to trade in case peace had to be made if the gang found you. Treating him well would be a valuable commodity against the gang attacking you.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The gang didn't give a **** about the kid.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'd say they did give a **** but they couldn't see how to help him with zombies and strangers shooting at them and bolted. I'm not so quick to say shooting an incapacitated person is the best thing to do (even to prevent them from being eaten alive). I could see someone simply not wanting to make a choice and fleeing the scene. I do think Rick is a little too compassionate sometimes but I don't think it's unrealistic. It's just the way his character is (there are plenty of dogooders in extreme situations in the real world if you watch the news at all), Shane is his opposite. The redneck I say is somewhere in the middle (dont know why they don't use him more often).

Last edited:

yjeezle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Redneck is the strongest character in the show... Shame We don't see more of him.

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Agree. He´s right in between Rick and Shane in terms of behaviour. This start of the midseason is showing that some characters have absolutely no point being there.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
black dude is pointless.
younger daughter of herschel's who tried to commit suicide is useless.
sophia's mom is semi-useless now.
rick's wife is pretty useless. she's just a dumb *****.

favorite characters:
glenn
red neck

characters I'm indifferent about:
rick
shane
rick's son
herschel
glenn's bang buddy
old dude

Last edited:

TheDarkKnight

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

black dude is pointless.
younger daughter of herschel's who tried to commit suicide is useless.
sophia's mom is semi-useless now.
rick's wife is pretty useless. she's just a dumb *****.
favorite characters:
glenn
red neck
characters I'm indifferent about:
rick
shane
rick's son
herschel
glenn's bang buddy
old dude

Rick's wife annoys me - she's so grouchy and has terrible wild woman hair. I know it's the apocalypse love, but make some effort. It stretches belief that Shane would want her - that storyline would be better if she was reasonably hot.

Darryl the redneck is my favourite character by far in series 2, he's kick ass, smart and you see from his hallucinations with his brother why he's as angry as he is - a lot of abuse from his family.

Andrea really needs to have it out with the old dude Dale, and ask what he wants from her. If it's as a wife - being a pansy ass mother hen isn't going to get him anywhere. If it's a father figure, back off a lot !

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The hand cutting.

Ever slice your palm? It hurts like hell and it takes a long time to heal as you are forever opening and closing your hand. But here we have Rick casually cutting his palm to attract zombies. Then Shane does it after jamming his knife into a zombie's head.

Perhaps people heal quickly here as the kid seems to hobble pretty well for having a fence post ripped through his leg not too long ago.

lefty

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'd place my money on it being adrenalin pumping from being chased by zombies rather than some sort of miraculous healing, but hell, ya never know.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not sure adrenaline compensates for ripped muscles. Didn't Herschel say that pulling the leg off the fence would destroy the leg? Or is he the greatest country doctor ever?

How much time has passed between the last two eps? Seems that it would take a lot of time to get the kid to the point where he could put any weight on that leg.

lefty

justinsmnz

Reaction score

Not sure adrenaline compensates for ripped muscles. Didn't Herschel say that pulling the leg off the fence would destroy the leg? Or is he the greatest country veterinarian ever?

How much time has passed between the last two eps? Seems that it would take a lot of time to get the kid to the point where he could put any weight on that leg. 

lefty

FTFY.

I'm no doctor, but I can't imagine that even with a full orthopedic center with full reconstructive capabilities that he could even imagine putting weight on that within 3-6 months. Though even that time period is unrealistic, as Rick's wife isn't even beginning to show the pregnancy.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads