• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread

adam-r8

Reaction score
Looking for a pair of single/double monkstraps size 10.5/11UK in new to barely used condition - willing to pay near enough Ebay prices or have trade bait....get at me

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is anyone in here interested in a NWT mainline Zegna suit?

it doesn't fit me so i'd like to let it go to someone on SF. its a 50R if anyone is interested PM me.

Last edited:

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
also some size 31 jean shop selvedge denim jeans avail

Dimitri001

Reaction score
Has anyone, per chance, got a pair of size 10 Bass bucks? They have to be Bass because its the only maker I know my size in. I have a pair of 10 1/2M brown suede Bass bucks I'm willing to trade or sell.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
is anyone in here interested in a NWT mainline Zegna suit?

it doesn't fit me so i'd like to let it go to someone on SF. its a 50R if anyone is interested PM me.

Post the measurements!

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone in here a 41R? Found two BB Golden Fleece suits (one a charcoal gray and one in blue pinstripe) with very slight issues I'm going to return unless someone wants for cost + shipping.

Post the issues and some pics bro! As well as the measurements. You're just going to have to give those out anyway, so might as well put them hurrrr.

hooker4186

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Post the issues and some pics bro! As well as the measurements. You're just going to have to give those out anyway, so might as well put them hurrrr.

Yeah I'm already being inundated with PMs.

Working on pics.

Issues are the navy pinstripe has a pull in the fabric on the back, and on the gray one the lining on the armpit needs to be re-sewn. Both trousers have been let out at the waist and there is some visibility in the stitching that was removed to do so.

Both jackets are the following:
P2P: 23"
Sleeve: 24.5" (working cuffs - 3 buttons on the navy, 4 on the gray)
Shoulders: 19"
Length (BoC): 30.25"

Gray Trousers:
Waist: 18.5" (none to let out)
Rise: 11.5"
Inseam: 31.5" + 1.5" cuffs
Leg Opening: 8.75"

Blue Trousers:
Waist: 18.75" (none to let out)
Rise: 11.5"
Inseam: 31.5" + 1.5" cuffs
Leg Opening: 8.75"

17.99 + shipping for the blue pinstripe, 22.49 for the gray. These are NYC thrift prices hence being higher than normal. Shipping will be USPS flat rate Medium - $13 I think?

Last edited:

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Offering some shirts at cost (rounded up to the nearest dollar) plus shipping.
Shipping is to the US only, via Priority mail: $5.50 for 1 shirt + $1 each additional. Payment via PayPal.

If interested in any, please PM. Thanks!

Pre-owned: all are in excellent or better condition. No spots or stains. No holes, rips or tears. No evidence of wear to collars, cuffs, collar points. No soiling/rings to collars, cuffs, underarms. All buttons intact.

1) Herbie Frogg Jermyn Street plaid dress shirt, size 16, 100% cotton. Purple, yellow and light blue on a white field. Button front, one pocket, long sleeve, spread collar, standard cuffs.
- Chest (P-to-P straight across): 24"
- Sleeve (shoulder seam to end of sleeve/cuff, straight along the edge): 25"
- Length (collar seam to bottom, straight down): 32.5"
- Shoulders (seam to seam, straight across): 20"
$7 + shipping.

2) Yamato sport shirt, size Medium, 100% woven cotton, made in Japan. Dark charcoal gray field with baby blue & white plaid weave. Button front, one pocket, long sleeve, spread collar, standard cuffs.
- Chest (P-to-P straight across): 24.5"
- Sleeve (shoulder seam to end of sleeve/cuff, straight along the edge): 24.75"
- Length (collar seam to bottom, straight down): 32.5"
- Shoulders (seam to seam, straight across): 21"
$7 + shipping.

3) Stradel's Paris dress shirt, made in Italy. Size US 15.5 / Eur 39, fitted cut. 100% lightweight cotton. Multicolor pink/blue/yellow stripe on white. Button front, standard notched cuffs, spread collar, no pockets, long sleeve.
- Chest (P-to-P straight across): 22"
- Sleeve (shoulder seam to end of sleeve/cuff, straight along the edge): 26.75"
- Length (collar seam to bottom, straight down): 31.5"
- Shoulders (seam to seam, straight across): 17.25"
$7 + shipping.

4) Stradel's Paris dress shirt, made in Italy. Size US 15.5 / Eur 39, fitted cut. 100% lightweight cotton. Multicolor pink/purple/green/blue stripe on white. Button front, standard notched cuffs, spread collar, no pockets, long sleeve.
- Chest (P-to-P straight across): 22"
- Sleeve (shoulder seam to end of sleeve/cuff, straight along the edge): 26.75"
- Length (collar seam to bottom, straight down): 31.5"
- Shoulders (seam to seam, straight across): 17.25"
$7 + shipping.

5) Miller Brothers Ltd. sport shirt, size XL. Peach/baby blue/gray/melon narrow stripe, 100% cotton. Button front, one pocket, long sleeve, button collar with hidden buttons, standard notched cuffs.
- Chest (P-to-P straight across): 26"
- Sleeve (shoulder seam to end of sleeve/cuff, straight along the edge): 25.5"
- Length (collar seam to bottom, straight down): 34"
- Shoulders (seam to seam, straight across): 22.5"
$7 + shipping.

6) Jeff Rose men's sport shirt, size XL. Made in Italy. Multi-color blue/gray/green/pink stripe on white. 100% cotton. Button front, standard cuffs, button collar, one pocket left chest, long sleeve. Mother-of-pearl buttons.
- Chest (P-to-P straight across): 26"
- Sleeve (shoulder seam to end of sleeve/cuff, straight along the edge): 25.75"
- Length (collar seam to bottom, straight down): 33.25"
- Shoulders (seam to seam, straight across): 21.5"
$7 + shipping.

Below are new: new with tags, never worn, never laundered. Were priced higher as "special price" items thus cost is higher than pre-owned.

7) AG Adriano Goldschmied sport shirt, size XL. Retail $98. Multi-color plum / orange / green / blue plaid check on a beige field. Long sleeve, standard buttoned cuff, semi-spread collar, button front, one pocket left chest.
- Chest (P-to-P straight across): 23.75"
- Sleeve (shoulder seam to end of sleeve/cuff, straight along the edge): 27"
- Length (collar seam to bottom, straight down): 30.25"
- Shoulders (seam to seam, straight across): 19.5"
$18 + shipping.

8) Johnston & Murphy sport shirt. Retail $88. Size XXL / 2XL. Blue & white stripe with paisley. 100% cotton. Button front, one pocket, long sleeve, spread collar, standard button cuffs.
- Chest (P-to-P straight across): 27.25"
- Sleeve (shoulder seam to end of sleeve/cuff, straight along the edge): 25.5"
- Length (collar seam to bottom, straight down): 35"
- Shoulders (seam to seam, straight across): 25"
$18 + shipping.

Evil Abed

Reaction score
The NYE party I'm going to just went formal... Need to find a suit by then... 48L drop 6 32ish inseam. Preferably 2 button in a dark gray or blue. Just in case someone comes across one, though I'm not crossing my fingers.

Harvitz81

Reaction score
Long Shot, but....

If any of you have Woman's stuff around - looking for a size M or so nice quality peacoat for my mom. Darker color (navy, black, etc.)

Shoot me a PM if you have anything close.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The NYE party I'm going to just went formal... Need to find a suit by then... 48L drop 6 32ish inseam. Preferably 2 button in a dark gray or blue. Just in case someone comes across one, though I'm not crossing my fingers.

I just sold a 46L. What are your measurements? I've found two recently!

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A few people have posted bow ties recently. I really want a few more to grow my collection. I don't care about the brands much. I just want good patterns. Does anyone have a 'lot' handy? I can trade or do that other thing.

Taylor239

Reaction score
I work at Nordstrom and have lost 45lbs in the last four months. So I'm looking for a good deal on any 44L sport coats or suits... Pm me or whatever, have lurked this forum for a long while and just decided to join. Thank you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads