• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been offered a decent (by retail standards) deal on 3 NWOT Jack Spade messenger bags by someone who, I believe, works for the company. Not something I need, and a bit pricey at $100 each. If anyone wants a proxy, let me know.

chiron

Reaction score
Few items for trade or purchase.

16 32-33

16 R

16.5 R

M

M

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, awhile back, the coolest of all cool dudes, GuitarPreacher (to whom ALL positive trade karma should be given) gave me an amazingly killer deal on some Alden shell longwings (like, AMAZINGLY killer: http://www.styleforum.net/t/9006/th...ount-store-bragging-thread/43575#post_5628915). I tried, oh so desperately, to make them work for a long time, but I just have to concede that they're too big for me. The problem is, they filled a very specific hole in my closet that will again go unfilled if I give them up, so my trade request is super specific. I'm only looking for:

1) Good (Alden, AE caliber)
2) Shells (a must...I only own one pair of shell and I love them/NEED another pair)
3) Brown or burgundy/color #8
4) Wingtips
(I have some wiggle room here if someone has a killer pair of shell PTBs or oxfords, I *may* go for it)
5) in sizes 11.5-12.5D (obviously will depend on the maker)

I know it's a super specific request, but I really want to replace these shoes. I also won't sell them - I have a strict personal rule against selling anything for profit that I purchased discounted from someone else, so please no sale offers. I'll consider other awesome shoes for trade (and to a much lesser extent, tailored stuff), but would really REALLY like to replace these with another pair of shells. I know it's a shot in the dark, but figured I'd give it a try.

There's a little bit of damage to the top of the lining in the back of the shoe as you can see in the pics, but it should be hidden by pants most of the time when worn.

Last edited:

tubs

Reaction score
I am looking for a navy 44L suit with 36W 34L pants. I'm requiring my groomsmen to wear navy suits and one of them doesn't have one already.

Here's the measurements he took off his existing jacket:
Chest: 22"
Waist: 20"
Shoulders: 19.5"
Jacket Length: 32.5"
Sleeve: 27"

Last edited:

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a navy 44L suit with 36W 34L pants. I'm requiring my groomsmen to wear navy suits and one of them doesn't have one already.

Here's the measurements he took off his existing jacket:
Chest: 22"
Waist: 20"
Shoulders: 19.5"
Jacket Length: 32.5"
Sleeve: 27"
navy pinstripe count?

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Consider this an interest check for a vintage 1950's Clicker coat in near-perfect condition. Rather than dealing with eBay, I wanted to see if a vintage enthusiast or Lakeland jacket fan would be interested in it for what I'd consider a fair price (ie less than the best/quick sale price people settle for on eBay). If so, please PM. :slayer:

forbritisheyes

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Bump!
If anyone finds a slimmer fitting suit(about drop 7-9), can you let me know? I wear a 40-42L. Waist is 36", Inseam is 32"+ and sleeve is 26"+. Saw a great E. Zegna, but I think it is a 42S. Staple Navy(solid and glen plaid, herringbone, microstripe) and greys accepted(solid or patterned) and greatly appreciated. If it has pinstripes, let me know if the spacing is smaller - the largely-spaced ones aren't appropriate for my work place.

If you also find a standard navy sportcoat/blazer. Something like Brooks works. Flap or patch pockets are fine. I wear a 41-42L in Brooks.

I WILL PAY INSTANTLY WHEN THE RIGHT SUIT COMES ALONG
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

sgpearl

Reaction score
I bought this some time ago from TweedyDon, but unfortunately it's a little small for me. I hope he does not mind me using his description and pictures, as they are much better than anything I would do:

This is a lovely suit, that would be ideal for a chap starting out--or as an everyday go-to suit! Cut in a contemporary (but NOT fashion forward) style of subtle darting and two button closure, this suit is almost but not a dark grey glen plaid, being a crosshatch pattern with a lovely subtle overchck of dark red and dark blue. If this was a 40L, it wouldn't be here! This is half-canvassed, fully lined, and has a single center vent. It was made in the USA. The trousers are pleated and uncuffed. It is in absolutely excellent condition, and a steal at just $45, or offer.

Tagged 40R, this measures:

Chest: 20 1/2
Sleeve: 25 (+1 1/2)
Shoulder: 18 1/4
Length: 30 1/2

Waist (flat): 15
Inseam: 29 + 2

SUITSMEGASHOOT124.jpg

I am asking $35, shipped CONUS.​

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone wants to trade for the 39 R S Saint Andrews suits/sportcoat in my signature, let me know.

I'm looking for things in a 39 S (the shoulders on the blazer are just a tad bit wide for me, and it could be a hair shorter).

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking for 12e Alden's or Allen Edmonds in either browns or shades of burgundy - all set with black shoes as I have one very nice pair already. Mainly looking for blucher, longwing, or plain toe but I'll give a look at anything anyone is selling in this size.

Also expanding my sports coat collection and I am a 40R, sometimes 40L depending on the maker. Mostly looking to add some glen plaid and gun club patterns at this point but I also need a summer weight navy blazer.

Hit me!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads