• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, youโ€™ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does anyone know what options they have for edge dressing? I've only seen black, and natural (no dressing whatsoever). Does anyone know if they have a mid level//brown

mtc2000

Reaction score

Does anyone know what options they have for edge dressing? I've only seen black, and natural (no dressing whatsoever). Does anyone know if they have a mid level//brown

Yes, they do. From their very own website:

Ilovelobbs

Reaction score
I personally think the burnishing spot on. It's well balanced and proportional to the size of the shoes. I find the EG burnishing can be rushed at times.

Did Vass do this themselves?

Hmmm, for me that's too much burnishing. I prefer it more subtle and with more gradiation from the finish to the burnish. But I think I'm an outlier in this case - and if you're in love then that's what makes the world go 'round - enjoy!

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I personally think the burnishing spot on. It's well balanced and proportional to the size of the shoes. I find the EG burnishing can be rushed at times.

Did Vass do this themselves?

Nope. I did it myself.
smile.gif

Unfortunately, Vass doesn't offer antiquing at all anymore.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Browsed through the Vass website and liked style #89 which is a derby boot on the New Peter. I am not familiar with this last and it looks like a nice casual last (especially compared to the F & U). For those that have the New Peter, do you find the fit tigher, like smart shoes, or more 'relaxed' like country lasts. Thanks for any input!

Looking for a last closer to C&J 325 and less Tricker's 4497. Thanks for any input!

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Vass has an amazing operation, but what impressed me most was the service. It took a while to find a size and last that worked well for me. The SA was not only patient with me, but she even went back and forth to their sister store a few doors down to make sure I saw everything available in the types of shoes that interested me. The other SA in the store was just as helpful.

They have a broad selection that's quite impressive. The only shoes that didn't appeal to me were the exotics (i.e., gators/crocs, ostrich, etc.). Of course they'll make whatever you like.

I was looking in particular for a blucher in shell, and found exactly what I wanted: a punched cap toe in burgundy on the 3636 last with lasted shoe trees. I may go back before I leave, but if not, I know I'll be ordering more.

Can't say enough how pleased I was with the shopping experience. The SA's, especially the one who assisted me most, provided exemplary service.
Now, I hope you tried on every last in your size so you don't have to post a question about the fit when you get back home. :p

Gauss17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Vass has an amazing operation, but what impressed me most was the service. It took a while to find a size and last that worked well for me. The SA was not only patient with me, but she even went back and forth to their sister store a few doors down to make sure I saw everything available in the types of shoes that interested me. The other SA in the store was just as helpful.

They have a broad selection that's quite impressive. The only shoes that didn't appeal to me were the exotics (i.e., gators/crocs, ostrich, etc.). Of course they'll make whatever you like.

I was looking in particular for a blucher in shell, and found exactly what I wanted: a punched cap toe in burgundy on the 3636 last with lasted shoe trees. I may go back before I leave, but if not, I know I'll be ordering more.

Can't say enough how pleased I was with the shopping experience. The SA's, especially the one who assisted me most, provided exemplary service.

Have to agree. The service is excellent, and even if you can't go to the store yourself, Mr. Kuti is very patient and helpful in providing you with a shoe via e-mail. I'm a huge fan.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was thinking of getting an austerity brogue, does anyone think it would look weird on the p2 because it's a more chunky last than the F or the U?

anzo

Reaction score
Attention all you museum calf fans out there! Emailed Rezsรถ the following on Tuesday:

"Also, have you managed to replace the two "Museum calf" leathers from Ilcea with another supplier yet?"

Rezsรถ's answer yesterday:

"Dear Andreas!

Thank you for your email!
Yes, I am currently working on it. It seems that we will have the leather again later this year!
I can contact you next week already with the results!

Kind regards,

Rezsล‘ Kuti
Sales Manager"

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads