1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luk-cha, Jul 24, 2009.

1. medtech_expat

medtech_expat Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Holy hot hell! [​IMG]

Thanks, gents. This is my first pair of shells, am looking forward to venturing out in the wild later this week.

2. Bull

Bull Well-Known Member

Vass FTW - these are gorgeous buys.

3. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Well-Known Member

Thanks, gents. This is my first pair of shells, am looking forward to venturing out in the wild later this week.

do poast photogs after you've actually worn them![​IMG]

4. srivats

srivats Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

These are very nice.

5. luk-cha

luk-cha Well-Known Member

do poast photogs after you've actually worn them![​IMG]

you mean people wear there new shoes??[​IMG]

6. Michael Ay329

Michael Ay329 Well-Known Member

Quite a long wait, but worth it!

[​IMG]

Without a doubt, the nicest modern shoe that Vass makes

7. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Well-Known Member

you mean people wear there new shoes??[​IMG]

i know, right!

8. Omega Man

Omega Man Well-Known Member

The dark brown suede on the F last is nicely done. Don't think it will work as well in the U last.

9. Pezzaturra

Pezzaturra Well-Known Member

The dark brown suede on the F last is nicely done. Don't think it will work as well in the U last.

I think it works like a dream on U-last with Goyser stitching. F-last is nice but it looks much slicker in leather, suede makes it look more bulbous than it is..

10. Slewfoot

Slewfoot Well-Known Member

Funny how this thread gets so active after the Kolecho shipments! I received my 3 pairs yesterday. One of them fits great. The other two are a bit off right now, but will hopefully work with a bit of re-jiggering (insoles, tongue pads, etc.). Fingers crossed! No photos yet, but I grabbed the following:

- U last Chukka in medium brown suede, double leather sole tapering to a single
    - F last u-cap in Bordeaux shell cordovan, double leather sole tapering to a single
    - New Peter last Norweger in antique cognac, double leather sole in tan with natural stitching

11. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. TRINI

TRINI Well-Known Member

Funny how this thread gets so active after the Kolecho shipments! I received my 3 pairs yesterday. One of them fits great. The other two are a bit off right now, but will hopefully work with a bit of re-jiggering (insoles, tongue pads, etc.). Fingers crossed! No photos yet, but I grabbed the following:

- U last Chukka in medium brown suede, double leather sole tapering to a single
    - F last u-cap in Bordeaux shell cordovan, double leather sole tapering to a single
    - New Peter last Norweger in antique cognac, double leather sole in tan with natural stitching

PICS.

13. upnorth

upnorth Well-Known Member

David, which was the one of the 3 that fit best out of the box? The F last?

14. Bull

Bull Well-Known Member

Can someone please please please for the benefit of Vass virgins (no homo) like me, explain how to order these beauties. Thanks.

15. Philip1978

Philip1978 Well-Known Member

Can someone please please please for the benefit of Vass virgins (no homo) like me, explain how to order these beauties. Thanks.

http://www.vass-cipo.hu/Eng/Kapcsolat.html

16. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

You can email/call the store. Or you can pay someone else to do it for you.

17. Bull

Bull Well-Known Member

Ahhhhhhhh awesome. One more dumb question: how do you know exactly what your size will be?

18. rebel222

rebel222 Well-Known Member

Ahhhhhhhh awesome. One more dumb question: how do you know exactly what your size will be?
    What answer could there possibly be besides try them on? You can get advice from them on approximate, but how can anyone tell you exactly what size to order?

19. Slewfoot

Slewfoot Well-Known Member

TRINI - will try to get pics soon, but not sure when.

upnorth - the U last fits me the best, but I already knew it would as I have a 44 U austerity brogue. The tips of my big toes rub a touch against the front of the shoes so I took a gamble and ordered a 44 in F and NP as I didn't think I wanted any less length, but they are definitely roomy all around. A 43.5 probably would be better, but we'll see. Heading back to the office now to wear them around again for a few minutes on the carpet.

20. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne Well-Known Member

The other two are a bit off right now, but will hopefully work with a bit of re-jiggering (insoles, tongue pads, etc.).

I hate having to re-jigger shoes for fit.

TRINI - will try to get pics soon, but not sure when.

upnorth - the U last fits me the best, but I already knew it would as I have a 44 U austerity brogue. The tips of my big toes rub a touch against the front of the shoes so I took a gamble and ordered a 44 in F and NP as I didn't think I wanted any less length, but they are definitely roomy all around. A 43.5 probably would be better, but we'll see. Heading back to the office now to wear them around again for a few minutes on the carpet.

Iirc, most recommend a .5 difference between U and F sizes, i.e. US9 = 42 in the F and 42.5 in the U, with the U being better for those with a more pronounced/higher instep.